Electricity and water bills: Ten billion baht help on the way for households in May/June

webfact

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

I wished they would focus on helping those who actually need government assistance more.

As assistance programs go, this is one of the more focused ones.

Edited by Fromas

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

I was being factious.

The month of April had me at home for two weeks (1 week Songkran and 1 week annual leave)..... Doubt i could possibly use the same amount of electricity when Iam not at home.

Thought you may have been being facetious!   Sorry, just being facetious.    

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThLT said:

Does this apply to apartments? Whenever these things are announced, I'm always wondering if my landlord is just not applying it to my bill, and cashing in on this.

of course not

<deleted> charge 9 baht a unit where I live

8 hours ago, webfact said:

There will be a 10% reduction in water bills across the board for all people in houses, condos, other accommodation and small businesses for the next two months.

If they repeat last year's classification, apartments should be included.

18 hours ago, Caldera said:

I don't like these government programs, although I also benefit from this one (same as with last year's electricity fee discounts).

I wished they would focus on helping those who actually need government assistance more.

They are, everyone uses water and lecky.

5 minutes ago, Caldera said:

My point is that this discount is indiscriminately given to people who need help as well as to those who don't. Which simply means that there's less money available to help those who are actually in need.

Yep, agree, nice thought but I can do without the 35 baht discount on the water.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

My point is that this discount is indiscriminately given to people who need help as well as to those who don't. Which simply means that there's less money available to help those who are actually in need.

Same is true of the US stimulus payments.

the reason these things are done this way is that it would be too costly and time-consuming to try to identify and target those in need...and also sure to miss some.

• Like 2

Just now, ronaldo0 said:

Bit odd that April’s bill was three times the previous months before then they come up with this ????

So investigate. I haven't experienced that at all. My last month's bill was tiny. This month higher than last month, but still very reasonable. A lot less than I paid per month at a previous accommodation. So perhaps check why yours was relatively high.

13 hours ago, sencelebi said:

So that's why April electric bill was so high, we paid the discount in advance.

My April bill was much higher than normal, too. Usually it's around 1200 baht but April's was nearly 3000 baht. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

So investigate. I haven't experienced that at all. My last month's bill was tiny. This month higher than last month, but still very reasonable. A lot less than I paid per month at a previous accommodation. So perhaps check why yours was relatively high.

I did and nothing I can do. They sent out people to check meter and said it was ok and that’s the end of the electric company interest. 

19 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Bit odd that April’s bill was three times the previous months before then they come up with this ????

April is the hottest month, so I always need much more water. 

Just now, ronaldo0 said:

I did and nothing I can do. They sent out people to check meter and said it was ok and that’s the end of the electric company interest. 

Perplexing. 

My electricity bills over the past three months have been zero, less than 50 baht and less than 600 baht.

Seems that I don't use very much.

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

April is the hottest month, so I always need much more water. 

Mine is always exactly the same. Seems I shower just the same, cool or hot weather. ????

Heat doesn't affect me; so twice a day is rarely exceeded.