Electricity and water bills: Ten billion baht help on the way for households in May/June

webfact

There's been a guvment reduction applied to Feb & March bills reducing for example our costs-per-unit to 2.75 & 2.87 respectively ... 

Aprils bill then was back to standard rate plus high usage on aircon, more than double of February - btw. I think hot(ter) time of the year will make way more difference in usage/costs in the north & northeast compared to other locations - putting cost per unit at 4.30, highest I've seen so far in this place.

The rate also rises with usage, eg. using like 300 units total costs us around 3.80 per as standard price, 814 units total resulted in said 4.30 per unit ...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

of course not

<deleted> charge 9 baht a unit where I live

I was under the impression that charging a higher rate for electricity was made illegal .

32 minutes ago, itsari said:

I was under the impression that charging a higher rate for electricity was made illegal .

yes it is, but there's a loophole where they change the rate on the bill to 5 baht and extra 4 baht is classed as a 'maintenance fee'

i've yet to see an apartment reduce it's electric rates since the law changed

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 4:05 PM, ThLT said:

Does this apply to apartments? Whenever these things are announced, I'm always wondering if my landlord is just not applying it to my bill, and cashing in on this.

Of course he will  (cashing in that is)      ????

• Like 1

My grand niece shares a room at university for which she pays a fixed amount of Thb700 per month for electricity, i.e. 1400 for two per month, I am quite sure she will not get a discount from her university,

8 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

yes it is, but there's a loophole where they change the rate on the bill to 5 baht and extra 4 baht is classed as a 'maintenance fee'

i've yet to see an apartment reduce it's electric rates since the law changed

Mine did...though not willingly. Sad when you need to apply pressure to counter greed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

We will wait and see. These discounts have been given before (to others) but we have never received it. Will keep copy of the news.

Apparently it was given earlier based on how much electricity you used at a certain point in time, perhaps in December. Since my apartment was not occupied at that time, perhaps that is the reason why I received the discount. Also perhaps it's because my general usage is below certain thresholds Have not even touched the remote control for the aircon, as I always choose accommodation with a good airflow.

8 hours ago, Fromas said:

If they repeat last year's classification, apartments should be included.

Will landlords of Thai apartment rentals be discounting the 8-9+ Baht per unit (KWH)? Doubt it. More profit for them at local Thais expense. Bastards!

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...