Pattaya: Mass vaccination of 40,000 people at sports stadium to begin mid-May

webfact

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Certainly good news and a very positive development. I hope it all goes well.

I will now wait for all the negative comments.

If a week from today or shortly thereafter the vaccination does commence, then it is a positive development.

Until it actually happens,  it is just another politician puffing and blowing hot air.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

There most likely will be many  mobile vendors  selling food in the car parks.

Which makes total sense...bcos eating and drinking helps to properly wear the mask for the small crowd of 40000 they expecting.

2 minutes ago, kinyara said:

That's only one jab, you need to double that figure and the target I've seen quoted is 70%.  You're looking at 428,000 a day given how many jabs have been given so far.  

Yes, you are correct, and I did consider those numbers, but was conservative.  

Basically, 91, 000, 000 vaccines have to be administered for a 65% rate.   The logistics are huge.  

Every day that these targets are not met, means the borders are closed into 2022.  

• Like 1

Not only will this 'plan' require millions of dosages it requires:

Massive medical personnel

Syringes, swabs, etc.

PPE (personal protection equipment)

Transport to/from the stadium

Pattaya ALONE, population (500K)

70% vaccinated=350K

implying 1600k/DAY. Every single day.

Don't bet on a 'high season' in 2021.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great event to me!

Obviously they are going to need many such mass vaccination events in urban Thailand.

The May date indicates this is not for expats. That is not a criticism. Its a fact.

My concern about this event is whether people will really show up in the mass numbers they are aiming for. It will be a major test for the levels of vaccine hesitancy among Thais.

Those that are living in Thailand, we're all in this together.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sounds like a great event to me!

Obviously they are going to need many such mass vaccination events in urban Thailand.

The May date indicates this is not for expats. That is not a criticism. Its a fact.

My concern about this event is whether people will really show up in the mass numbers they are aiming for. It will be a major test for the levels of vaccine hesitancy among Thais.

Those that are living in Thailand, we're all in this together.

How will they deal with unregistered Thai's living in the different provinces?  

How many of them are there?  How do they know how many of them are there? 

Vaccinating 65% of a province's registered population is useless if there is double that number of Thai's that are unregistered living in the province.  We get a glimpse of these numbers during election time.  

Just how many vaccines will southern provinces catering for tourists have to procure?  They don't know. 

Will they allow Issan hospitality staff who are unvaccinated to come back to work in a province where the registered Thai's have been vaccinated?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Certainly good news and a very positive development. I hope it all goes well.

I will now wait for all the negative comments.

Trying not to be negative...... But if they have 80,000 doses, why don't they do 80,000 people,   I understand that you need 2 jabs for full protection, but WHO guide line is the 2nd jab can be given upto 12 weeks, after the first jab, which will give them time to secure more vaccine  more jabs = less infections 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

Yes, you are correct, and I did consider those numbers, but was conservative.  

Basically, 91, 000, 000 vaccines have to be administered for a 65% rate.   The logistics are huge.  

Every day that these targets are not met, means the borders are closed into 2022.  

Just a few months back many farang here confident of June jab.

Your figures dont lie unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

do

uble that number of Thai's that are unregistered living in the province. 

The thing about Pattaya is that no one is native to the province. When I'd lived there I think I'd met half dozen women that were from Chonburi.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kynikoi said:

The thing about Pattaya is that no one is native to the province. When I'd lived there I think I'd met half dozen women that were from Chonburi.

Try Naklua, plenty of locals there.

8 hours ago, kynikoi said:

I wonder if the bar girls will claim the parents live with them to get them the jabs quicker !

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2021 at 11:33 AM, webfact said:

Sontaya said that the stadium ticked all the boxes regarding spaciousness, safety and parking.

All will be well for the people who are to receive their Jabs. If they dont fall down a Hole or trip on a Paving Brick on the way in from the Car Park.

And then of course they have to hope the place has been properly disinfected after the last Cattle Show held there.