I found a hospital with the vaccine in town

Farang123

28 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Surin Government Hospital has at least two (American and a Brit) That were signed up.

two eh, out of 70 million. That will show them, the pandemic must be nearly over,  with such a roll out. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Farang123 said:

We need to team up and DEMAND the right to medicine (which is basically what this is at this time).

Imagine if they made some services at a hospital in America only for certain people? 

EXACTLY what they do in America: Pre-Biden White-Rich before Black-Poor, now Everybody before Whites

• Confused 2

Government claims this is a misunderstanding and is being resolved.I have my doubts as I think there is a tussle between the CCSA and MoPH chiefs.

I had this exchange with @PR Thai Government on 2 days ago twitter:

"(Me) Many foreigners with pink ID cards and meeting Phase 2 criteria have been able to register on it. However they fear they may be turned away when they show up for their appointments. You need to give clear instruction to the hospitals as many think they are forbidden to vaccinate foreigners, even with appointment through Mor Prom.

(Reply) Thank you for your suggestion. According to the English spokesperson of CCSA, now the Ministry of Public Health is contacting the hospitals directly to facilitate foreigners. Kindly visit here for more details about this matter  https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=242932910958060"

Feel free to contact them yourself.  The more people they hear from, the better

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Government claims this is a misunderstanding and is being resolved.I have my doubts as I think there is a tussle between the CCSA and MoPH chiefs.

"(Me) Many foreigners with pink ID cards and meeting Phase 2 criteria have been able to register on it. However they fear they may be turned away when they show up for their appointments. You need to give clear instruction to the hospitals as many think they are forbidden to vaccinate foreigners, even with appointment through Mor Prom.

(Reply) Thank you for your suggestion. According to the English spokesperson of CCSA, now the Ministry of Public Health is contacting the hospitals directly to facilitate foreigners. Kindly visit here for more details about this matter  https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=242932910958060"

That's the theory, all of the hospitals, govnt and private we rang in Bkk and Samut Prakan said they have had NO policy about foreigners from govnt departments. They all said over 60 for Thai only in June.

Edited by clivebaxter

31 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Thank you, Sheryl. The Facebook announcement is most helpful - they're at least trying (in, I think, trying circumstances).

I looked for a vac in bkk pattaya hosp last week offered to pay doctor made it clear its only thai people so i bought a ticket home will get vac next week after my 5 day test is clear

think they love telling forigners thai first when they more worried about no have money than covid

I wont be spending my €2k in thailand this month so sod off u stupid people

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

A health volunteer from our local clinic came to our house this morning to get my details. (name, address, age and pink card ID No)

She assured my wife that I would be vaccinated in the 1st wave as a vulnerable person. (by age) Ironically, I will be vaccinated before Madam Moon because she is too young to make the cut.

And that is consistent with a number or reports that I've had from rural communities here abouts.

Yes it's not surprising that things might be different in rural areas.

5 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

Baloney. The US gov't has paid for everyone to get the vaccine (that is, everyone in the US).

Yes the vaccines are free in the U.S. even to undocumented people. But at this point they've vaccinated all the low hanging fruit and are dealing with the slow hard job of convincing the holdouts to do the right thing. 

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes it's not surprising that things might be different in rural areas.

I think it's one of the advantages (one of many) of being regarded as part of the Thai community rather than 'just another falang' in a big city.

Life in 'Sakon Nowhere' does have its perks. ????

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Yes the vaccines are free in the U.S. even to undocumented people. But at this point they've vaccinated all the low hanging fruit and are dealing with the slow hard job of convincing the holdouts to do the right thing. 

One of the theories being floated is that once a person is vaccinated, there's no reason for them not to return to work. While a person remains on the sidelines, they are collecting a good wad of unemployment insurance - and this may be incentive to not get vaccinated.

Others are fearful of the vaccines.

And others are not yet eligible to get vaccinated (those below 16 years old and/or those who were recently infected). A buddy of mine was infected sometime in February. He probably will not be eligible to get vaccinated until sometime this month, or early June.

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I think it's one of the advantages (one of many) of being regarded as part of the Thai community rather than 'just another falang' in a big city.

Life in 'Sakon Nowhere' does have its perks. ????

Sure and there's something that Sheryl pointed out the other day that comes into play particularly in a place like Pattaya with tons (ha ha) of expats and plenty of Thais that are still registered as living in their home provinces. The allocation of vaccines might be related to counted number of residents. Most expats aren't counted and many Thais aren't either although probably the majority of tourism and entertainment workers have skipped town by now. So access for expats (certainly the public hospital kind) could be a special issue in Pattaya. Of course this could (and I think should) be solved with the private hospital track. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gumballl said:

Baloney. The US gov't has paid for everyone to get the vaccine (that is, everyone in the US).

He didn't say vaccine, he said what if some medical services weren't available to some people!

• Haha 1