I found a hospital with the vaccine in town

Farang123

9 hours ago, Moonlover said:

A health volunteer from our local clinic came to our house this morning to get my details. (name, address, age and pink card ID No)

She assured my wife that I would be vaccinated in the 1st wave as a vulnerable person. (by age) Ironically, I will be vaccinated before Madam Moon because she is too young to make the cut.

And that is consistent with a number or reports that I've had from rural communities here abouts.

same,same.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes it's not surprising that things might be different in rural areas.

But equally as confused/confusing.

Two weeks ago a Health volunteer was canvassing the village (Issan ) to establish numbers of those wanting/wiling to be vaccinated. I too was asked and my name was added to the list.

As of yesterday  same health Volunteer came and advised my wife that she and any staff who regularly or randomly are present in her local business will be vaccinated in the very short term regardless of age or other criteria. She was also very apologetic and actually disgusted by being instructed to inform me that I was NOT included in the option which she recognized as somewhat ridiculous because the premises is a combined dwelling and commercial unit and although have  zero involvement in the business am still present as an occupant. I am also well into the age related criteria for early vaccination.

So it seems that there are maybe many ad hoc variations in vaccination "plans" that fly well under the PR radar making things as clear as mud !

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2021 at 2:15 AM, Farang123 said:

We need to team up and DEMAND the right to medicine (which is basically what this is at this time).

Imagine if they made some services at a hospital in America only for certain people? 

DEMAND the right to medicine...DEMAND 30 bahts hospitalisation... DEMAND free entry to tourist spots..DEMAND.10 baht songtaew..ETC ETC ETC...maybe America has it all...LOL

Once the first photo of a non Thai person getting the vaccine or standing in front of many Thais waiting for the vaccine, all hell will break loose..

this is a homogeneous country and population and outsiders are not welcome to free Thai services before Thais....

You watch....

Edited by cardinalblue

18 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Once the first photo of a non Thai person getting the vaccine or standing in front of many Thais waiting for the vaccine, all hell will break loose..

this is a homogeneous country and population and outsiders are not welcome to free Thai services before Thais....

You watch....

I'm not so sure that you're right about that. 

For some reason this reminds me of my recent visit to a Family Mart. There I saw a frail old white man that looked to be 90 years old. What went through my mind was incredulity that anyone in this or any country would even begin to think it was OK to deny this man a vaccine as an earlier priority because he has the wrong passport. We are Family?

Edited by Jingthing

On 5/8/2021 at 4:15 PM, Farang123 said:

We need to team up and DEMAND the right to medicine (which is basically what this is at this time).

Imagine if they made some services at a hospital in America only for certain people? 

Are all services available to all people in a US hospital? Or just those with insurance or the ability to pay?

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 11:42 PM, champers said:

Are all services available to all people in a US hospital? Or just those with insurance or the ability to pay?

Everyone in the U.S. who wants a vaccine is getting the Covid vaccines.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 4:07 PM, RichardColeman said:

More chance of free beers from the bar for the night and a lady thrown in for free than farangs getting a jab roll out soon

I did not know we would have that as an option.  Do I have to wait for the new Farang app to select that or if I have a pink card I can get the beer and lady jab instead of the Sinovac on Mor Prom? 

On 5/8/2021 at 4:29 PM, Brierley said:

They do, if you don't have money or insurance you can't have.

Now that is just plain false.  All hospitals are required to provide care.  Supposedly it is only emergency services but a substantial portion treat all irrespective of ability to pay or insurance.  That has bankrupted many hospitals along the border with Mexico where illegals are there for emergency treatment and maternity care.  Now a hospital might refer a non critical patient to a health center but how is that any different than Thailand where Thai's are required to go to a clinic and if necessary then admitted to a hospital.  In the USA the uninsured, or illegals have "their choice" of where to go in an emergency and they can't be denied. 

image.png.b7bfc9e0b9ea4bbaa40266a7ff15cf1e.pngimage.png.cf808e574c61fa5c83cb1e3e6c858ce7.png

Edited by Thomas J

On 5/8/2021 at 4:15 PM, Farang123 said:

magine if they made some services at a hospital in America only for certain people? 

If they did do that,   I am pretty sure that almost all the guys on this forum would be last in line as well   ( male, white............. end of the line ! ) 

of course this is just racist humor .       ( or is it ? )

On 5/8/2021 at 4:53 PM, EricTh said:

It's poor planning.

Just like in the early days when it was so difficult to get surgical masks , now it is difficult to get the vaccine.

You really believe that other countries are any different.

Facing a global scramble for materials, British officials bought millions of unproven kits from China in a gamble that became an embarrassment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/world/europe/coronavirus-antibody-test-uk.html

On 5/8/2021 at 5:04 PM, Sheryl said:

"(Me) Many foreigners with pink ID cards and meeting Phase 2 criteria have been able to register on it. However they fear they may be turned away when they show up for their appointments. You need to give clear instruction to the hospitals as many think they are forbidden to vaccinate foreigners, even with appointment through Mor Prom.

I am sure I seen it somewhere that an appointment confirmation would be sent out on the app the day before. Are you saying that is not the case?

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

I am sure I seen it somewhere that an appointment confirmation would be sent out on the app the day before. Are you saying that is not the case?

No idea, it could well be, but that does not mean anything.  Likely an automated function. And, nothing in the appointment indicates nationality.

Last I heard, the hospital I ma registered at still thinks they are forbidden to vaccinate foreigners. Hopefully that will change before my appointment date.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No idea, it could well be, but that does not mean anything.  Likely an automated function. And, nothing in the appointment indicates nationality.

Last I heard, the hospital I ma registered at still thinks they are forbidden to vaccinate foreigners. Hopefully that will change before my appointment date.

Obviously you are free to take what view you want.

My hospital registered me on the app, all I did was pick a date.

Non Thais are identified by the first digit of the ID number.