Possible routes to the UK

blackcab

Does anyone have suggestions about how to fly to the UK from Thailand

a. Without transiting through a UK red list country,

b. At low cost (which rules out direct flights)

c. Without having to quarantine in any transit country

Your input would be appreciated.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BangkokAlan said:

Thai airways are pretty cheap at the moment and direct.

Thought I would have a look at prices on their web site, got this, would not risk going with them anyway

Access Denied

Error 15
book.thaiairways.com
2021-05-08 13:41:42 UTC
What happened?

11 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

Klm is Good but you may not be able to finish at the town you want to eg Norwich.you have to finish in London. So be careful

What about all the other places KLM serves in the UK?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

Unless you are in a hurry to get back I'd wait three weeks for the next UK traffic light list to be announced which should hopefully add more countries to green, especially with the demand for opening up for summer

If Thailand remains amber then he'll still have to do the self isolation unless he stops off for 10 days in a green country.

• Like 1

I am also researching this.

Quatar and Emirates stop in red list countries, so no go.

Singapore airlines is a bit expensive, works to go to UK, as entry from Thailand permitted,  but I think currently you cannot fly London - Singapore on return. 

Lufthansa is a possibility and quite cheap (return). BUT covid test is required and only valid for 48 hours before boarding. If you are then changing at Frankfurt you may be out of time for your 2nd leg, so not sure if boarding is allowed. I think this needs to be confirmed. 

Finnair is quite cheap and I think you have 72 hours validity on the PCR test. Currently my first choice. 

I still have a few airlines to look at. Of course, rules can change at short notice, so probably best not to book more than a few weeks beforehand.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, treetops said:

What about all the other places KLM serves in the UK?

Reading their website KLM want to see negative covid tests at 72 hours prior and 24 hours, bit hard when it takes a day for the results to come in

4 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Reading their website KLM want to see negative covid tests at 72 hours prior and 24 hours, bit hard when it takes a day for the results to come in

Is there a difference if flying to London or elsewhere in the UK?  That was the point I was responding too.

@blackcab

I was looking at Thai Airways today and they have direct flights BKK to LHR for approx 17k THB one-way. That's about 385GBP which is pretty cheap

oops! ... looks like someone already told you that!

Edited by Tapster
  • Thanks 1