I was close to getting vaccinated this week but they cancelled me in the queue on Wednesday afternoon.

bbabythai

19 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

Thailand is just asking to go the Indian way for covid, no logic in public policies etc... too much thinking...

<deleted> will hit the fan in about 2 months,

While it's possible, Thailand doesn't have nearly the dense population, urban grit, lack of hygiene. Education is far better. Ability to distance.

States or Europe yes. India imo no

Edited by kynikoi
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Dear God,

Not this again.

Only thing that pink card has proven useful for is wasting a person's time. Really needs to be renamed Geezercard©

No government official has ever turned me away for lack of a pink card. If you showed it to a cop they would laugh. Seriously.

How long does it take to acquire this pink card? I  have heard you need to jump thru a lot of hoops and donate your kidneys to get one. How onerous of an exercise is it??  The pandemic may be under control long before pink card is approved. Not much point for the 2 or 3 million foreigners who don't have a pink card.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Dear God,

Not this again.

Only thing that pink card has proven useful for is wasting a person's time. Really needs to be renamed Geezercard©

No government official has ever turned me away for lack of a pink card. If you showed it to a cop they would laugh. Seriously.

I got on an airplane with it once.  No other ID shown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, catturd said:

How long does it take to acquire this pink card? I  have heard you need to jump thru a lot of hoops and donate your kidneys to get one. How onerous of an exercise is it??  The pandemic may be under control long before pink card is approved. Not much point for the 2 or 3 million foreigners who don't have a pink card.

just get yellow tabian bahn and then it takes 1 hour to get the card

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catturd said:

I found donating my first kidney was no big deal.  However, after giving away the second, I began to have problems.

• Haha 2

On 5/8/2021 at 10:43 PM, Jingthing said:

You probably shouldn't have been jabbed in May.If you're not over 60 or in a high risk condition group, you shouldn't be jabbed in June either because that's for over 60 / high risk conditions.
We do know to register with the current designed for Thais online tools it would be necessary to have that Thai ID number.

But we also know that most expats don't have that number and that there may even be special barriers now to getting in the middle of a pandemic.

So I don't think it makes any sense to push people to seek pink cards now UNTIL we get the details of the promised separate foreigner registration system. 

We've had pronouncements that a tool for foreigners is coming. We don't know exactly what it will be like. English option? Passport registration possible? We've heard biometric date will be needed though. But logically IF the Thai government is actually serious about getting all of us that are living on Thai soil (as it was said by one official) vaccinated then they wouldn't be requiring a pink card from foreigners. Instead they definitely would be accepting passports.

We shall see. We don't know now. You might end up being right about the pink card. We'll just have to wait and see. 

Quite frankly, I think that all this nonsense disseminated by many about the Pink Card, or the eligibility to register with the number of, or on the pink card should stop as it just causes panic. I know that some friends who are PR in Thailand and obviously have pink cards, were able to register and got a confirmed appointment sometime in June, I am sure that these appointments will not be cancelled, unless a clear order, statement saying that cases like these are cancelled is issued, which I don't think will happen. BTW, the ID number appears quite in the front of the pink card and not as stated by BBABYTHAI above., on the back of the card. This just goes to show.....

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I got my pink card on Friday. I turned up at the amphur with my wife, her blue book + copy, her ID card + copy, my yellow book, passport, copy of our marriage certificate in Thai and English.

It took us about an hour to get it and when I asked my wife how much it cost, she said it was either free or they forgot to ask.

Very helpful and friendly staff.

Now you just need to figure out what on earth to use it for.

Over 65 amirite?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2021 at 10:28 PM, bbabythai said:

If the government had half a brain they would be cutting the red tape and allowing all private hospitals in the country to immediately start sourcing their own vaccines and buying in bulk. I think a hospital like Bumrungrad could arrange a bulk shipment of vaccines quickly- with the contacts that they must have globally. 

Except that the pharma companies will nly sell to Gvernment, not private companies.

PH

41 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Now you just need to figure out what on earth to use it for.

Over 65 amirite?

Can use it in all sorts of places instead of passport and/or drivers license. Also serves as proof of address sometimes too, AND when visiting somewhere with dual pricing, produce the card and pay Thai rate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

Quite frankly, I think that all this nonsense disseminated by many about the Pink Card, or the eligibility to register with the number of, or on the pink card should stop as it just causes panic. I know that some friends who are PR in Thailand and obviously have pink cards, were able to register and got a confirmed appointment sometime in June, I am sure that these appointments will not be cancelled, unless a clear order, statement saying that cases like these are cancelled is issued, which I don't think will happen. BTW, the ID number appears quite in the front of the pink card and not as stated by BBABYTHAI above., on the back of the card. This just goes to show.....

there's a 2nd number on the back of the card that also needs to be input to the app, and with the pink ID card this seems to what is being rejected, even when name is input in Thai, exactly as shown on the id card.