I was close to getting vaccinated this week but they cancelled me in the queue on Wednesday afternoon.

bbabythai

4 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Can use it in all sorts of places instead of passport and/or drivers license. Also serves as proof of address sometimes too, AND when visiting somewhere with dual pricing, produce the card and pay Thai rate.

Well, you can't use it to operate a motor vehicle and if you have a driver's license I just don't see the point.

Old people keep swearing by it but no one has really come up with any tangible use for the thing.

I'm shocked it would be accepted at a bank for ID with no photo. Your driver's license has your pp number on it.

The national park I spend huge amounts of time in would just laugh. I am on O visa, married to a Thai national, over 60 and have a WP. No discount. Doubt any pink card gonna help there.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Confused 1

Just now, TigerandDog said:

typical synical response. Can only find the negative aspect of everything. Perhaps if you actually read some of the numerous posts that have been on TV re the use of the pink ID card you might actually learn something.

Cynical

I'm asking you straight up. What's it good for that a passport or drivers license won't suffice? Nothing to be blunt. Especially a passport.

You're over 65 right?

• Sad 1

Just now, kynikoi said:

Cynical

I'm asking you straight up. What's it good for that a passport or drivers license won't suffice? Nothing to be blunt. Especially a passport.

You're over 65 right?

as In said, go and read some of the numerous posts in the past and learn something, instead of being lazy.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

there's a 2nd number on the back of the card that also needs to be input to the app, and with the pink ID card this seems to what is being rejected, even when name is input in Thai, exactly as shown on the id card.

The updated app does not require the number on the back of the card for registration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbabythai said:

Today I just opened up a bank account at the pink bank (government savings bank). She asked for my yellow book and asked if I had a pink card. On one of the forms the digits on that card was put on the form. 

To say that farang should not obtain a pink card is daft. Its daft not to have one if you're a foreigner living here

Work permit makes it probably even easier.

I've never had an issue opening an account but frankly I just bring my wp now.

I've no idea why a pink residence card would help opening an account. If it did, great but no reason it should.

Another goose egg

• Sad 1

On 5/8/2021 at 10:28 PM, bbabythai said:

Lets get the economy back on track and get as many people vaccinated as possible. Who gives a sh%t if its in a public or private hospital. Let just do it as quickly as possible..... This covid bullsh%t is turning for the worse and bringing the economy to its knees. Its time for the PM to step up and make some hard decisions. 

I beg to differ, it's time for the PM to step down and stop making decisions !

He's the one responsible for not having a government vaccine programme and why private institutions cannot procure vaccines..... and we all have a shrewd idea why that is so.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kynikoi said:

Well, you can't use it to operate a motor vehicle and if you have a driver's license I just don't see the point.

Old people keep swearing by it but no one has really come up with any tangible use for the thing.

I'm shocked it would be accepted at a bank for ID with no photo. Your driver's license has your pp number on it.

The national park I spend huge amounts of time in would just laugh. I am on O visa, married to a Thai national, over 60 and have a WP. No discount. Doubt any pink card gonna help there.

The Pink ID Card has a photo, address, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Except that the pharma companies will nly sell to Gvernment, not private companies.

PH

And so they should but I would not rule out supplies finding their way into the private sector  ...   for the right price which will then be passed on to the queue jumper/customer.

2 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

Quite frankly, I think that all this nonsense disseminated by many about the Pink Card, or the eligibility to register with the number of, or on the pink card should stop as it just causes panic. I know that some friends who are PR in Thailand and obviously have pink cards, were able to register and got a confirmed appointment sometime in June, I am sure that these appointments will not be cancelled, unless a clear order, statement saying that cases like these are cancelled is issued, which I don't think will happen. BTW, the ID number appears quite in the front of the pink card and not as stated by BBABYTHAI above., on the back of the card. This just goes to show.....

I'm happy for you to be so sure but sorry that is merely your opinion.

We've heard conflicting messages about this so in my opinion the only reasonable conclusion at this time is that we don't know. Most likely we won't fully know until people show up and at that point it's entirely possible or even likely that some will be honored and some won't.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 10:43 PM, Jingthing said:

You probably shouldn't have been jabbed in May.If you're not over 60 or in a high risk condition group, you shouldn't be jabbed in June either because that's for over 60 / high risk conditions.
We do know to register with the current designed for Thais online tools it would be necessary to have that Thai ID number.

But we also know that most expats don't have that number and that there may even be special barriers now to getting in the middle of a pandemic.

So I don't think it makes any sense to push people to seek pink cards now UNTIL we get the details of the promised separate foreigner registration system. 

We've had pronouncements that a tool for foreigners is coming. We don't know exactly what it will be like. English option? Passport registration possible? We've heard biometric date will be needed though. But logically IF the Thai government is actually serious about getting all of us that are living on Thai soil (as it was said by one official) vaccinated then they wouldn't be requiring a pink card from foreigners. Instead they definitely would be accepting passports.

We shall see. We don't know now. You might end up being right about the pink card. We'll just have to wait and see. 

Don't forget the Yellow book it seems to have the same 13 digit number as a pink card .

I done my Reg with it for June 8       age 74     Medical history.

On 5/8/2021 at 10:43 PM, Jingthing said:

You probably shouldn't have been jabbed in May.If you're not over 60 or in a high risk condition group, you shouldn't be jabbed in June either because that's for over 60 / high risk conditions.
We do know to register with the current designed for Thais online tools it would be necessary to have that Thai ID number.

But we also know that most expats don't have that number and that there may even be special barriers now to getting in the middle of a pandemic.

So I don't think it makes any sense to push people to seek pink cards now UNTIL we get the details of the promised separate foreigner registration system. 

We've had pronouncements that a tool for foreigners is coming. We don't know exactly what it will be like. English option? Passport registration possible? We've heard biometric date will be needed though. But logically IF the Thai government is actually serious about getting all of us that are living on Thai soil (as it was said by one official) vaccinated then they wouldn't be requiring a pink card from foreigners. Instead they definitely would be accepting passports.

We shall see. We don't know now. You might end up being right about the pink card. We'll just have to wait and see. 

In my opinion and experience the pink card is worth having anyway. Minimal effort required to obtain it, but probably too much for many idle foreigners.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

In my opinion and experience the pink card is worth having anyway. Minimal effort required to obtain it, but probably too much for many idle foreigners.

Perhaps.

But the critical issue right now is about vaccines, and it seems obvious to me though of course not certain that expats without that card (number) are going to have access without it.

Of course not yet on the original online booking tool.

Edited by Jingthing

Sad to see all you guys living in the LOS in such a tizzy for the vaccine.   I've always thought it was crazy in the USA to read that spouses and family of healthcare workers were not included in the priority que of jabs.  I read some doctors were staying in hotels away from family.   If the cabinet hadn't had the jab perhaps they would be working harder to speed up the vax program.   Also why was a school near udon  thanni giving the vax to teachers 2 months ago?   I guess they were clinging to the hopes that school could stay open and not thinking things would get out of control.   

Also why was samut sakorn fenced in with barbed wire but in  thonglor they did nothing. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, bbabythai said:

I think you're full of it....

I show it all the time when they ask for 'passport'.  As if anyone is going to carry around ones passport. 

I pay bills at many of the banks all the time and have to show it when depositing cash. 

Very useful thing to have. Once I forgot to take my passport when checking into a hotel. They accepted the pink card. 

Full of it is a bit harsh!

Never found the need, I have never carried my passport, I use a downsize laminated color copy have for 15 years.  Never had a problem checking into a hotel with it usually they just take my Thai driver license.

As for the bank, same thing

Personally, I wouldn't have open the can of worms by calling to confirm, even if he got the first shot I seriously doubt they were have done a photo op remember government doesn't like looking like a fool although it seems very common each morning.

As for the pink card I still don't see much advantage to go through all the channels to get one if it was able to cut some of the red tape in Immigration I might consider.  I don't even see it useful when arriving at the airport, I use the Thai local lanes only once have I been questioned and I showed them my Thai driver license.

Right now the way things are going by the time they start to authorized vaccine for foreigners I sure my baht will be sufficient enough to get me into line.

As for private hospital obtaining vaccine it has already been noted the reason they don't have it is because Pfizer and other want or must deal with the government in obtain from there they will sell it to the private sector which I believe there was an article this morning regarding that aspect.

After all the reading an posting I don't plan to get or even pay for the Sino, I done sweating about getting the vaccine front and center the government want to discriminate knock themselves out I hope whatever is being given now Sino, Sputnick, AZ works so there is herd immunity it has been a year waited this long when they are done with all the political B.S. and announced I will pop in and by choices pfizer, moderna, J&J.????

7 hours ago, bradiston said:

You'd already done the major legwork when you got your yellow book. That's the difficult part. It's totally dependant on the amphur. I think with a yellow book it's a p of p to get the pinkie.

I actually got the yellow book about 12 years ago but nobody told me about the pinkie.

6 hours ago, kynikoi said:

6 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Now you just need to figure out what on earth to use it for.

Over 65 amirite?

Couple of weeks short of 77. Also medical history.

Close, but no cigar.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text

5 hours ago, kynikoi said:

you have no idea what you're talking about. The pink card is accepted along with the PP at the bank when opening an account. The national parks accept it and you get the discount. 

I use it all the time when they ask for id. 

On 5/8/2021 at 9:15 AM, Joinaman said:

people have been saying this for months now, guess what ?

353 deaths in 17 months is hardly India is it. Its so small, it wouldn't even be noticed if it wasn't for the media hype 

True, but the threat of exponential increase is always there.

India was pretty happy with their status and did not get vaccination program going, no country wants to see what India has experienced.

The former president of the USA declared the COVID pandemic a hoax when the US had 63 cases and eventually the USA became the COVID hotspot of the world.

Cannot tell the future, does anyone want to bet people's lives on the result?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, catturd said:

How long does it take to acquire this pink card?

half an hour.
but need to bring Yellow Book and respectable Witnesses. 
(some communities request for the Puyai Baan to be a witness.)

4 hours ago, jack71 said:

you have no idea what you're talking about. The pink card is accepted along with the PP at the bank when opening an account. The national parks accept it and you get the discount. 

I use it all the time when they ask for id. 

National Park same experience.
Also, Land Office accepted ID Card.

20 hours ago, billd766 said:

I got my pink card on Friday. I turned up at the amphur with my wife, her blue book + copy, her ID card + copy, my yellow book, passport, copy of our marriage certificate in Thai and English.

It took us about an hour to get it and when I asked my wife how much it cost, she said it was either free or they forgot to ask.

Very helpful and friendly staff.

It cost me 1000Bt for my pink card, and no receipt. Corruption at it's best.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

You got seen off.

I did not get involved at all, the guy told my wife maybe yes, maybe no, it was obvious what he was up to, so I just gave my wife the money to pay him off.

Living in a corrupt country you just have to accept it, as it can work both ways, I had it work for me big time on a couple of occasions.

On 5/10/2021 at 11:59 PM, whaleboneman said:

It's difficult not to be offended when someone calls you delusional.

Apologies.   

Latest info-    This is the current situation regarding  warners getting vaccinated in Chiang Mai, not including individuals with pink  ID cards     Chiang Mai public health office is constructing a webpage that should be up and running by May 24. There will be a link at Chiang Mai Public Health office website to take you there.  Chiang Mai public health office is constructing a webpage that should be up and running by May 24. There will be a link at Chiang Mai Public Health office website to take you there.   Chiangmaihealth.go.th.     First priority is vaccination of Thai citizens.      Currently there are just two vaccines that are approved by the FDA.   Despite what people may be being told, at the current time, it is anticipated that vaccines will not be available to non-Thais until the  beginning of August. Of course, nothing is written in stone, Everyone understands this is a fluid situation. Between now and August it is quite conceivable that other vaccines will be approved. Also, there may be a large influx of vaccines donated from first world countries to Thailand which would then hopefully make them available to non-Thais before August.   The take-home messages is to begin checking the website in the next 7 to 10 days  to register.   (There has been some recent talk that  non-Thaii individuals may have the option of contacting private hospitals and purchasing the vaccine. But you  will need to verify that on your own.) If you require verification of the above statements,  or require additional information,  please feel free to phone Chiang Mai public health department Monday when they reopen.

On 5/8/2021 at 10:57 PM, Dmaxdan said:

I agree. Currently you can receive pretty much any regular hospital treatment by using your passport, so it makes sense that eventually we will be able to register for Covid vaccines as well using the same method.

There will almost certainly be ways to register in the future without using phone apps. 

It is still early days and those wishing to be vaccinated need to be patient.