SURVEY: Vaccines rollout -- Smooth as silk, bumpy or a Flop in progress?

Scott

SURVEY: Vaccines rollout -- Smooth as silk, bumpy or a Flop in progress?  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With numerous flip-flops by the government over the vaccine rollout and whether foreigners will be included, which of the following best expresses your opinion on how the government will get the nation vaccinated.  

Please feel free to leave a comment.

I voted but I think something different. 

Thailand will enter surplus vaccine supply within a few months because of massive vaccine hesitancy by Thais.

There will be alot of objections particularly to Sinovac.

I don't have a prediction for the timing for public expat access or if/when the could be popular with better brands of vaccines private hospital track might begin. Too much flip flop to make any sense of all that.

Will high risk expats be widely included in the June start time? My guess is we will told yes but in reality it will be no for the majority of high risk expats. 

Of course if my prediction of Thailand going into surplus vaccine in a few months proves true it would LOGICALLY follow that expats would get earlier access. 

But since when does logic determine things here?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

It seems to me that the unwarranted delay in procuring Covid19 vaccines in Thailand can only be due to the Government's reliance in their vested interest in producing vaccines in Thailand, supposedly from June.   The next news will surely be that production has not gone entirely to plan and that there will be further delays in achieving the planned 70% coverage of the Thai population.  The resulting damage to the tourism industry and to the many poor Thais employed is already a disaster and responsibility rests entirely with the Government.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

Emotions run high when it comes to covid, I try to take it easy:

1) Thailand has been slow to acquire vaccines, this is likely partially due to the success they had last year.

2) Thailand will acquire enough vaccines, question is when. Thailand is the kind of place that can make

vaccinations mandatory. I fully expect mandatory vaccination for annual extension of stay, we will see.

3) I have not seen any flip-flops. Until they actually have vaccines I take all pronouncements as early speculation about policy, political pandering, out of context or fake news.

4) Vaccine rollout? I won't be critical, when has a massive rollout of anything affecting every citizen in a country gone smoothly from day one? I don't even consider what has happened to date as a rollout, I look at it as preparation for a rollout.  I don't expect it to go smoothly, I expect confusion.  In the end, most folks will line-up and get the jab, all the nonsense news will be forgotten.

5) Assuming enough vaccine is available, I would expect that everyone can pretty much get vaccinated within about a 6 month period. 

6) I consider the schedule to be anywhere from 6 -9 months from availability, Yes it can be achieved.

7) Yes of course foreigners will be able to be vaccinated. We just don't know the exact details. To be fair even the Thais are scrambling around just now, confused..

While the government vacillates on procuring a vaccine, people are dying from this virus.

Once the in fighting is over & I see today that the US & UK approved samples from Siam BioScience, Yes , I believe once the systematic rollout starts here, Thailand has that unbelievable knack of doing this kind of thing right,

The 64 $ question is how many can they make a day ?

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Once the in fighting is over & I see today that the US & UK approved samples from Siam BioScience, Yes , I believe once the systematic rollout starts here, Thailand has that unbelievable knack of doing this kind of thing right,

The 64 $ question is how many can they make a day ?

Where you found the approval in the US/UK of the Siam BioScience vaccine ? Can't find it in the western news/press. Any link ?

4) Vaccine rollout? I won't be critical, when has a massive rollout of anything affecting every citizen in a country gone smoothly from day one?

The rollout in the US was about smooth as it could get.   

I suspect that if Thailand can procure the needed vaccines, they can get the shots in the arms quite easily and smoothly, but I think supply is going to be a problem.   

Hopefully, Thailand will procure all the available vaccines so that people have a choice.   That will cut down on hesitancy and fear about some of the vaccines.   

People should be aware that to get the jab they are taking part

in a trial of a unique experimental medication.

AstraZeneca vaccine: Denmark stops rollout completely: BBC news.

• Like 1

You forgot another option:

They work on it but they don't have huge amounts of money like some other nations.

And all in all the Covid situation is Thailand is a LOT better than in many other countries, including many of those so called first world countries.

I also would like it if Thailand would be busy vaccinating everybody with high quality vaccine fast and efficient. But then again if I would want to live in a country with a fast and efficient government then I wouldn't live in Thailand.

Personally I prefer relative few Covid cases and a slow vaccination compared to many Covid cases and faster vaccination. The USA is the perfect example of the opposite of Thailand. They really really need high speed vaccination after more than 500,000 dead Covid patients.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You forgot another option:

They work on it but they don't have huge amounts of money like some other nations.

And all in all the Covid situation is Thailand is a LOT better than in many other countries, including many of those so called first world countries.

I also would like it if Thailand would be busy vaccinating everybody with high quality vaccine fast and efficient. But then again if I would want to live in a country with a fast and efficient government then I wouldn't live in Thailand.

Personally I prefer relative few Covid cases and a slow vaccination compared to many Covid cases and faster vaccination. The USA is the perfect example of the opposite of Thailand. They really really need high speed vaccination after more than 500,000 dead Covid patients.

That's probably because the previous bloke in charge thought it was insignificant and drinking either bleach or Draino or a few hours under a sun lamp would get rid of it ????????????????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I voted but I think something different. 

Thailand will enter surplus vaccine supply within a few months because of massive vaccine hesitancy by Thais.

There will be alot of objections particularly to Sinovac.

I don't have a prediction for the timing for public expat access or if/when the could be popular with better brands of vaccines private hospital track might begin. Too much flip flop to make any sense of all that.

Will high risk expats be widely included in the June start time? My guess is we will told yes but in reality it will be no for the majority of high risk expats. 

Of course if my prediction of Thailand going into surplus vaccine in a few months proves true it would LOGICALLY follow that expats would get earlier access. 

But since when does logic determine things here?

To your final question - never. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 7:37 AM, expat_4_life said:

Emotions run high when it comes to covid, I try to take it easy:

1) Thailand has been slow to acquire vaccines, this is likely partially due to the success they had last year.

2) Thailand will acquire enough vaccines, question is when. Thailand is the kind of place that can make

vaccinations mandatory. I fully expect mandatory vaccination for annual extension of stay, we will see.

3) I have not seen any flip-flops. Until they actually have vaccines I take all pronouncements as early speculation about policy, political pandering, out of context or fake news.

4) Vaccine rollout? I won't be critical, when has a massive rollout of anything affecting every citizen in a country gone smoothly from day one? I don't even consider what has happened to date as a rollout, I look at it as preparation for a rollout.  I don't expect it to go smoothly, I expect confusion.  In the end, most folks will line-up and get the jab, all the nonsense news will be forgotten.

5) Assuming enough vaccine is available, I would expect that everyone can pretty much get vaccinated within about a 6 month period. 

6) I consider the schedule to be anywhere from 6 -9 months from availability, Yes it can be achieved.

7) Yes of course foreigners will be able to be vaccinated. We just don't know the exact details. To be fair even the Thais are scrambling around just now, confused..

I am disappointed by the "emoji" and response options on this forum currently.

We have image.png.7882266a0b55d1cf3bf56b8ae2a354b4.png"Thanks....Ha Ha...Confused...Sad....

Why not Tw#T!! ??? 

Edited by Mario666
  • Haha 1