Places in Thailand to change oil and filter

In the US there are businesses all over the place where one can go to get their cars oil and filter changed quickly and relatively cheap. Are their places in Thailand where you can take a car or truck to get a similar service or due to the fact that most thai vehicle owners don't wqnt to change their oil and filter frequently to save money their are not many places around? I have stopped at a couple of bigger  business establishments that service cars and the price they quoted seem a bit high based on what I paid for an oil change in the US. Maybe I am out of touch with the current price for this service and the 1500 baht or so I was quoted for the oil and filter change is not high in the current market.

• Haha 1

1500 bht is an average price for oil and filter change.

I know what you mean on disparity of US prices vs Thailand prices. In the US you see oil change specials for $25. but not here. Labor and rent is cheaper here but prices are higher.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nightfox said:

B-Quick is the cheapest place. Its about 700 bht for oil change and I think 300 bht for the filter.

I've used a shell garage for this purpose with an older car. Usually they are not busy and can do quickly. They have a range of oils and it varies in price. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, steve187 said:

going to cost at least 1,000thb ish for a car/pick up with non synthetic oil. more for semi synthetic and more again for fully synthetic

Our town car - 5 liter semi-syn NGV / LPG - 600 THB. Filter 250 THB

Mr Transam would have recommended B-Quick, of course along with a Boliden battery.

I’ll 2nd the 1st one.

One point to remember is that the quality of the filter is important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PFMills said:

Mr Transam would have recommended B-Quick, of course along with a Boliden battery.

I’ll 2nd the 1st one.

One point to remember is that the quality of the filter is important.

Mr T is where???

7 minutes ago, petermik said:

the waste oil goes to my neighbour who uses it as timber protection...his words not mine

Was quite common to see it used on older wood houses in the Maryborough Childers area of Queensland. I remember my uncles house being old engine oil brown.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, watgate said:

Maybe I am out of touch with the current price for this service and the 1500 baht or so I was quoted for the oil and filter change is not high in the current market.

As written, that is not really expensive.

And without knowing what car/engine/oil volume this is about hard to compare.

I pay much more for my Mazda 2 (1400 ccm) as they lured me to full synthetic.

2 hours ago, petermik said:

I do my own oil/filter change....not quite senile yet...and the waste oil goes to my neighbour who uses it as timber protection...his words not mine ????

We did the same growing up, we had 1/2 a barrel filled with misc oil and kept wood post soaking to preserve when put in the ground.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 10:06 AM, petermik said:

Voluntarily or coerced.....asking for a friend?

Trans is OK he just went on threads he shouldn't have IMHO  and got wind up.

I told him to put people on ignore like I do but he likes a battle and it doesn't go down well on here. 

He is my friend we have met and he has great knowledge in the engineering field of petrol engines and has and will always have my greatest respect.

A sad loss to TV motoring forum. 

• Thanks 1

Can anyone recommend a decent synthetic oil ? Wife called Mitsubishi yesterday for 130,000km service and was quoted 8000bht , but on several sites I found it says at that mileage only oil and air filters need changed. 
I can get the filters easy enough but not a clue about the oil .

Edited by ronaldo0

On 5/9/2021 at 12:18 PM, Farma said:

Was quite common to see it used on older wood houses in the Maryborough Childers area of Queensland. I remember my uncles house being old engine oil brown.   

Worked well.  100 year houses wood kept well.

2 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Can anyone recommend a decent synthetic oil ?

All more or less the same I have found - made in the same refinery and placed in different bottles in most cases.

Unless you are sold on using 800 THB a liter oil - 555

For the best price I buy mine at a HD shop - that sells parts for tandem trucks, excavators, loaders etc.

Find they are the cheapest around.

5 liters semi syn - 600 THB

Chain places are expensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Cheap oil will need replacing after 5,000 klm where as semi or fully synthetic it's 10,000 klm.

Why so short?  Is it affected by the heat or humidity here? 

On 5/9/2021 at 7:46 AM, nightfox said:

B-Quick is the cheapest place. Its about 700 bht for oil change and I think 300 bht for the filter.

For the worst oil quality in the universe...

of course anybody half normal use synthetic oil.

4 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Can anyone recommend a decent synthetic oil ? Wife called Mitsubishi yesterday for 130,000km service and was quoted 8000bht , but on several sites I found it says at that mileage only oil and air filters need changed. 
I can get the filters easy enough but not a clue about the oil .

8000 ! same on the benz ! hahaha