Current employer not extending work visa

Hi there, my current employer is giving no asduities they will extend my work visa( finish date June 17 2021) i am trying to find another job so can this vurrent one transfer to new employer and they can renew it fairly easily?

If I cannot find another job what are my options to remain in Thailand given current covid situations?

I have eorked with my current employer since Aug 2019, they only started provident fund for me on March 2021, am I able to claim this money if yes how?

Regards Phor yai

• Like 1

It is possible to change employers and apply for a new extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon working. You will new employer would have to apply for a new work permit to get a application approval letter that will need to apply for the new extension. You will need a termination letter from you current employer to cancel your extension and the apply for the extension with supporting documents provided by your new employer.

At this time is is possible to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension if you do not find a new employer by the day current job ends.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is possible to change employers and apply for a new extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon working. You will new employer would have to apply for a new work permit to get a application approval letter that will need to apply for the new extension. You will need a termination letter from you current employer to cancel your extension and the apply for the extension with supporting documents provided by your new employer.

At this time is is possible to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension if you do not find a new employer by the day current job ends.

Thanks UbonJoe for advice, just a couple of questions;

1- I will have to wait for Termination letter from employer first before applying for 60 Day EXT?

2- If I find a job before Jun 17 I will need to resign, ( need to give 30days notice) get letter of cancellation then new employer start process again with BOI?

2 minutes ago, Phor Yai said:

1- I will have to wait for Termination letter from employer first before applying for 60 Day EXT?

Immigration will want your extension to be canceled when you apply for a the 60 day extension.

2 minutes ago, Phor Yai said:

2- If I find a job before Jun 17 I will need to resign, ( need to give 30days notice) get letter of cancellation then new employer start process again with BOI?

Have they given you notice that they will no longer be the again. The you should give that in writing so you can cancel your extension.

If you found a job working with a BOI company you would do the extension at the one stop center on the same day your extension is canceled.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks UbonJoe.