Thailand orders an additional 50 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines

5 hours ago, thequietman said:

I have just ordered a rocket ship!

Doesn't mean it's coming. ????

..brilliant...it will probably be a pfizer   phizzer  fizzer.

Edited by tandor

18 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

One mission one plan and the rest is lip service that is wreaking with deception. I may be wrong, but their actions and non actions speak volumes for their real intent.

I think you credit them with far more efficiency than they (or for that matter any government entity, anywhere) actually possess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 Million doses of Sinovac. By far the weakest vaccine on the market. No Thanks, Besides that why would I want a vaccine that came from the country that spread this Virus and also lied about it

Talk-talk-talk, it's all propergander to keep the minions happy, how many times have we heard this over the last year, millions of orders from AZ,  Moderna,  Sinovac,  phizer, J&J, spunic v,  according to my reckoning Thailand should already have over 300 million doses, but yet, ony 1.6% of the population have been vacciated, the PM is full of BS. 

22 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I think you credit them with far more efficiency than they (or for that matter any government entity, anywhere) actually possess.

I was candy coating it. I really expect next month to be the next month after that and even the next ongoing until SB produces AZ here. Maybe they can release a few hundred thousand here at first, but nothing changes until SB is able to kick out near 80-100 million jabs. And even then it will only be AZ and limited Sinovac as everything else will get sidelined and caught up by Junta hypocritical bureaucracy. Seems they love the special laws they can invoke under National Security and/or  Health
Security measures to look bonafide legit on the superficial exterior surface as suppression is the real point. Yes, they are not fooling anyone for the most part except the few ones already blinded on old school  outdated values

Here’s a better idea:  let the ascending Baht rise another 10% on the USD. They could buy more Caterpillar construction equipment, Yanks would all leave, and everyone left here will be forced to take SinoVac or ThaiBioScience AZ vaccines.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I am not an expert. Just my  opinion based on what I hear. We are starting next month with phase 2, then phase 3 in a a couple or 3 months. 

Thank you for the open and frank answer, I think from what we hear and know or think we know, we don't need to be experts to be able to count on our five fingers that this target is unlikely to be reached as early as September. Compare this with other countries, how long it takes for a country to get through even with sufficient vaccine. Even by the end of the year might be a surprise under the current conditions.

I would like to be surprised and keep my fingers crossed that you are right with your forecast …

• Like 1

1 hour ago, club said:

50 Million doses of Sinovac. By far the weakest vaccine on the market. No Thanks, Besides that why would I want a vaccine that came from the country that spread this Virus and also lied about it

It's not Sinovac.

3968651.jpg.521447db661525d9c5cf195358af1230.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

What did he order?

When will it be delivered?

Kind of basic stuff for a "news" article. Otherwise it's just propoganda.

He said he has set a target that, by the end of July, half of Thailand’s population will have received their first dose.

So that's what, ~ 20-ish million doses (assumes children are not getting vaccinated now)? In 11 weeks?

July? 2021? 

Are they planning on spraying the population from airplanes?

I'm all for setting goals. But this is preposterous.

If no name is mentioned then I would expect Sinovac.

As for the other questions, please stay tuned ...

Edited by sathornlover

1 hour ago, tandor said:
7 hours ago, thequietman said:

I have just ordered a rocket ship!

Doesn't mean it's coming. ????

..brilliant...it will probably be a pfizer   phizzer  fizzer.

Thought it was 3 submarines...yellow ones, the sort we all live in...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It is not a good situation to have the PM/head of CCSA in conflict with the Minister of Health.  All sorts of ways MoPH can drag its heels causing things not to go as publicly promised.

Prayut cannot implement much of anything without the full and speedy cooperation of the MoPH.

IMO the only thing worse than having these 2 in their respective positions is having them in their positions and at loggerheads with each other.

I don't understand the politics of this country, but I would have thought that the PM could implement some kind of Article or use his emergency powers to override a situation like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, club said:

yep, this is the sad truth

sinovac was probably made before they decided to spread the virus

1 minute ago, club said:

What is it then

Think about it, how can something be the weakest if it is the only one available.

Your thinking is wrong, level of protection is an individual response, 50% does not mean that everyone only gets half protected, some will get good protection and others not so good.

My nephew and his wife had both shots AZ and they both contracted covid, chances are they would have contracted covid irrespective of which vaccine they had, it is all about the immune response. 

7 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered the procurement of 50 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine from various sources, on top of the 100 million doses procured for this year, to make sure that everyone in the country is inoculated and that there are reserves left over for future use.

Seems as though there are plenty of announcements on procuring and few on procured and inoculated.  Lets see there is The check is in the morning, of course I will respect you in the morning, its only a cold sore, I am getting a divorce, and now Covid 19 vaccine is on the way. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Think about it, how can something be the weakest if it is the only one available.

Your thinking is wrong, level of protection is an individual response, 50% does not mean that everyone only gets half protected, some will get good protection and others not so good.

My nephew and his wife had both shots AZ and they both contracted covid, chances are they would have contracted covid irrespective of which vaccine they had, it is all about the immune response. 

It isn't the only one available. Its the only one that has been Given to the Thai Government for free. That's because nobody wanted it . All of these vaccines except for Phizer and moderna will not stop you from testing positive for Covid. They will just stop you from getting deathly ill. I think your research is wrong along with your thinking

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Never said it did. Try reading what I posted or have it read to you

2 hours ago, club said:

What if the Sinovac vaccine also cure your erectile dysfunction problem. Will you take it. ????

44 minutes ago, club said:

It isn't the only one available. Its the only one that has been Given to the Thai Government for free. That's because nobody wanted it . All of these vaccines except for Phizer and moderna will not stop you from testing positive for Covid. They will just stop you from getting deathly ill. I think your research is wrong along with your thinking

Pfizer and Moderna will not stop you from testing positive if you are infected.