Eight Thai national footballers and officials infected with COVID-19

sys-7d4653dc166471fa9b41949ab86df2f9.jpeg

Three members, two male and one female, of the Thai national soccer teams and five officials were found infected with COVID-19 on Friday and arrangements have been made to have them sent for medical treatment, according to the Football Association of Thailand (FAT).

FAT said that health officials have been asked to interview the infected players and officials, to trace those who were in close contact with them, so they can be asked to come forward for screening.

For the players and officials who tested negative, FAT said they will be isolated in their rooms for observation and advised not to leave their training camp.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/eight-thai-national-footballers-and-officials-infected-with-covid-19/

Logo-top-.png

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I thought the national team was vaccinated. 

So you still believe vaccines keep people from being infected or even re-infected?  Guess you need to look at some recent studies and cases.  Yes you can be reinfected or infected but then the chances are reduced, and the chance the virus can cause you major problems is still thought to be minimal.  However, there are still those that are infected or re-infected.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/12/what-we-know-about-covid-reinfection-immunity-and-vaccines

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/study-covid-19-reinfection_l_60533d0dc5b6f93a1d04a8d4

Previous case studies of people who have been re-infected were troubling because they suggested it was possible to become sicker the second time. This was the case with an otherwise healthy 25-year-old man in Nevada who tested positive for COVID-19 last spring, recovered, then fell ill with it again. He required hospitalization the second time. But even as those first reports emerged and attracted significant news coverage, researchers were careful to point out the rarity of that outcome.

https://www.pharmalive.com/covid-19-infection-after-vaccine-is-rare-but-possible-cdc-says/

Out of the 5,800 who became infected after vaccination, some became severely ill, and a total of 74 people died. Approximately 7% who are infected after vaccination (396 people) were hospitalized to receive additional care.

As shown in Phase III clinical trials, the currently authorized COVID-19 vaccines are not 100% effective. And as millions of people continue to receive their doses of the shot, it’s likely that more reports of adverse events will continue to emerge.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

'advised'???  Why aren't they monitored to ensure they can't leave?

Why aren't they in a convention center like everyone else that tests positive?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Breakthrough infections are rare. The odds of 8 vaccinated individuals in one group being re-infected are very low. 

Who said they were re-infected ? 
The odds of catching the virus  if vaccinated is equal to those unvaccinated. 

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Breakthrough infections are rare. The odds of 8 vaccinated individuals in one group being re-infected are very low. 

Yet is did occur in this instance now didn't it. 

Rare, says who?????  I say it's NOT rare.  Where are these studies?  What are the odds?  I say 18.243243432 percent.  I also say we have no idea about any of this.

It did occur?  maybe, maybe NOT.  maybe they weren't vaccinated, so then it didn't occur.  or not properly.  or not enough jabs.

I say i'm an online doctor and detective and I know 100% of the news.  if you need facts, ask me.  don't believe everything, unless i say it.....lol

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

'advised'???  Why aren't they monitored to ensure they can't leave?

Probably because nobody in Thailand is forced into quarantine just because he had contact with an infected person.

Sinovac had an efficacy rate of 50.4% during trials.  What the effectiveness is in the wild no one knows yet.  There is a difference between efficacy (% rate during trials) and effectiveness (% in the wild).  A lot of people get the two mixed up.

11 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

Rare, says who?????  I say it's NOT rare.  Where are these studies?  What are the odds?  I say 18.243243432 percent.  I also say we have no idea about any of this.

It did occur?  maybe, maybe NOT.  maybe they weren't vaccinated, so then it didn't occur.  or not properly.  or not enough jabs.

I say i'm an online doctor and detective and I know 100% of the news.  if you need facts, ask me.  don't believe everything, unless i say it.....lol

I think he is referring to this blurb I posted from a study.  It can and does occur

"As shown in Phase III clinical trials, the currently authorized COVID-19 vaccines are not 100% effective. And as millions of people continue to receive their doses of the shot, it’s likely that more reports of adverse events will continue to emerge."

"Out of the 5,800 who became infected after vaccination, some became severely ill, and a total of 74 people died. Approximately 7% who are infected after vaccination (396 people) were hospitalized to receive additional care".

or maybe he read this report posted below and believes under 60's are safe, but then that has been proven wrong as well to a certain extent.

https://chiangmaione.com/featured/sinovac-vaccine-approved-for-over-60s-despite-who-report

The approval came despite the World Health Organization reporting on Wednesday that an independent assessment came away with only a “low level of confidence” in the quality of evidence that the risk of serious adverse effects was low for adults above 60.

yet obviously this part of the study they believed was true is not true, well at least in this case.

"The same study did, however, back Sinovac claims that two doses of the vaccine are effective in safely preventing transmission in other age groups."

Ooops.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Three members, two male and one female, of the Thai national soccer teams and five officials were found infected with COVID-19 on Friday and arrangements have been made to have them sent for medical treatment, according to the Football Association of Thailand (FAT).

Will they be sent to a cardboard city?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:
22 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Who said they were re-infected ? 
The odds of catching the virus  if vaccinated is equal to those unvaccinated. 

Sorry, I meant infected. 

But your second sentence is just crazy talk. 

I'm perfectly willing to be corrected, but I was under the impression you can 'catch the virus if vaccinated', but it just won't affect you.

I'd assume (dangerous, I know) that a vaccinated person could therefore pass on the virus to others too?

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm perfectly willing to be corrected, but I was under the impression you can 'catch the virus if vaccinated', but it just won't affect you.

I'd assume (dangerous, I know) that a vaccinated person could therefore pass on the virus to others too?

You are correct, you can catch the virus if vaccinated, and you can pass it on, just at a much more reduced risk, well possibly as the verdict is still out on that and this is developing nuances daily.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DLock said:

Why aren't they in a convention center like everyone else that tests positive?

Because some tested negative, and they just want to keep an eye out for symptoms that appear late.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You are laying out 2 low probability events. 

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are laying out 2 low probability events. 

Yet it can and has occurred. Stop trying to minimize everything.

Edited by ThailandRyan

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Yes. Do you believe a vaccination gives your body some kind of invisible barrier so that the virus can't enter your body?

Now you are getting into semantics. 

But, yes, some vaccines have a prophylactic effect. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Sorry, I meant infected. 

But your second sentence is just crazy talk. 

Plenty of fully vaccinated people testing positive for the virus here in hotel quarantine. 
It’s becoming more apparent with every post you understand very little about the virus. 

1 minute ago, Swimfan said:

Plenty of fully vaccinated people testing positive for the virus here in hotel quarantine. 
It’s becoming more apparent with every post you understand very little about the virus. 

Link, please? 

How do you know fully vaccinated people are testing positive in quarantine. Numbers of infected people in quarantine are posted every day, and the numbers are tiny. And only some in quarantine are vaccinated, because they don't break out the numbers of vaccinated people, we don't know how many are infected.