Driving from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, family emergency

bamboozled

What is the current status of this? It requires 14 day self-quarantine both ways or it is not possible at all? I mean, driving from Muang CM to a mountain village in Chiang Rai province. This is not for a lark but for an emergency situation.

Thank you Bamboozled

6 hours ago, bamboozled said:No, I'm not a doctor. It's about mental health issues.

C

Government officials will give a doctor traveling for an emergency breaks ordinary people don’t get free .

• Like 1

I'd suggest you consult the health authorities, seem to remember they are in Lamphun Road in Nong Hoi. Google is your friend, take along a fluent Thai speaker if you can.

Individual villages are being locked down, that just means they are taking temperatures and contact details at the entrances. AFAIK there's no bar to travel between the two provinces, unless you are in a CM hotspot.

• Like 2

I came here to the CM board to find out if anyone has taken the plane to and from CNX/BKK this month. I have to go down to BKK on a day trip to sign some property transfer forms.

Yes, in any rational place, I could Google this info, but, judging from the media here, the rules change by the day, by the province, and by the mood of the Governor. 

I could start a new thread, but it does seem redundant as its basically the same questuon:  Can I currently (this week) move in and out of CM without being sequestered by paranoid health authorities? Is anyone doing the CNX/BKK shuttle  regularly and recently?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'd suggest you consult the health authorities, seem to remember they are in Lamphun Road in Nong Hoi. Google is your friend, take along a fluent Thai speaker if you can.

Individual villages are being locked down, that just means they are taking temperatures and contact details at the entrances. AFAIK there's no bar to travel between the two provinces, unless you are in a CM hotspot.

I'm in muang CM so yes, in a hot spot. But I don't have a temp. That's good advice about the health office, thank you.

9 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

I came here to the CM board to find out if anyone has taken the plane to and from CNX/BKK this month. I have to go down to BKK on a day trip to sign some property transfer forms.

Yes, in any rational place, I could Google this info, but, judging from the media here, the rules change by the day, by the province, and by the mood of the Governor. 

I could start a new thread, but it does seem redundant as its basically the same questuon:  Can I currently (this week) move in and out of CM without being sequestered by paranoid health authorities? Is anyone doing the CNX/BKK shuttle  regularly and recently?

Thanks.

Good question and good point where the heck is this info gathered by the government so we can know?

• Like 2

I don't want to just wing it and end up having to do a 14 day quarantine. Just the normal roadblock, they might ask where you from/going and if that breaks the rules...that breaks the rules. Wouldn't have to be a health stop. That's what I'm thinking, at least.

On 5/9/2021 at 1:29 PM, NancyL said:

There are reports that some villages aren't letting outsiders enter without doing a quarantine.  Best to check if it's possible to enter.

Yes we saw the road to a village entrance completely closed off two days ago!

• Like 2