Movies that have a really emotional ending.

Cave Man. With Ringo Starr. When in the ending he throws Barbara Bach into the dinosaur poop and walks off with Shelly Long. Seriously man...so sad that he choose her over Barbara....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't remember the title of the movie, or much of anything.

But there was this bad monster (or was it a robot?) which everybody thought would be dead. And then the last scene of the movie shows that it moves again. 

I am sure someone here will remember that one.

Godzilla?

Starman (1984)  With Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen 

"The ending of the movie is the saddest part of all because well you'll just have to see it for yourself. If you like movies and Scifi movies this is the movie for you. I recommend that you go rent this movie or look for it on the movie channels Because this will make you laugh and cry."

Edited by Daffy D

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Easy Rider...

regards Worgeordie

I saw easy Rider when I was 16, at the time It was 'X rated (Adult in the UK). Little over a year later in July 1970 the Board of Film Classification increased the age for an 'X' rated film to 18, and thus I was unable to watch a film I'd already seen. A quick question here is how on earth this warrants an 'X' today bewilders me.

No problem though, I now watch it at least once a year and even created a mini-documentary of Billy and Wyatt's  journey itself.  The filming actually commenced in New Orleans using some very basic equipment that is evident from the grainy shots.  The film itself starts in New Mexico but then quickly moves to LA (LAX airport) and then back to Arizona. Once on  the way to New Orleans they backtrack again to a small town Franklin where they pick up Hanson. Then they ride even further away to the ominous cafe.  They should have taken heed here as after leaving New Orleans they returned to the area again, the final scene taking place only 34 miles away at Krotz Springs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Schindlers List.

When I was a kid......."Bambi" ????????????

I walked out of Schindler's List.

The hardest part of watching that movie was opening a packet of crisps without waking everyone up.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Three movies I will never watch again because the ending is too sad are

Red Turtle, an animated film

Graveyard of the Fireflies. An animated film from Ghibli studios.

and

Dancing at Lughnasa. I watched that years ago and just the thought of it makes me sad.

The ending of Ryan's Daughter should have made me sad, but I thought she deserved what happened to her, so it didn't really.

Another David Lean film had the emotional ending at the beginning, so it wasn't as sad as it might have been- Lawrence of Arabia.

2 hours ago, bamboozled said:

Hair. Remember when he's marching into the belly of the troop transport plane to go off to Vietnam, having just taken his buddies place for a few hours, and the next shot is his gravestone. Man oh man.

Another war movie with an emotional ending is Oh What A Lovely War.

I doubt anyone could watch that and not be saddened by the thousands of crosses at the very end.

Good Morning Vietnam also had a somewhat sad ending, though nothing like the above.

Additionally, I was so saddened by Robin Williams suicide that watching any of his movies is only a recipe for feeling melancholy.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Schindler's List has to be the tops. Field of Dreams, Starman. To Sir with Love?

Wake in Fright is not emotional, more acutely uncomfortable for many Australians.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Schindler's List has to be the tops. Field of Dreams, Starman. To Sir with Love?

Wake in Fright is not emotional, more acutely uncomfortable for many Australians.

I thought the really emotional bit in Schindler was when the little girl in the red dress was running around, not the ending.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Another Poitier film with a sad ending was A Patch of Blue.

5 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Love Story (1970)

image.png.e492d38df1e7925ba5ac707fa225d87c.png

That movie made me laugh.  My girlfriend at the time was not amused at that reaction and dumped me because of, in her words,  my lack of emotional intelligence. maybe not far wrong. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:
3 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Braveheart

What? That ending was great if you are English. 

excepting the Topic is about 'emotional' endings

(and not about 'which' team lost)

• Like 2