Movies that have a really emotional ending.

47 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

That insipid movie about the 'quirky girl' who became a caregiver for a rich,  handsome paraplegic. She falls in love. He kills himself and leaves her with money.

Boo hoo

sounds very boring.  I would probably go to sleep rather than get emotional over that kind of tear jerking tripe. 

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I thought the really emotional bit in Schindler was when the little girl in the red dress was running around, not the ending.

When Liam Neeson loses the plot realising he could have saved more people, how could that not be sad?

Apparently the girl in red was Spielberg's decision, the only color in the film apart from the Shabbat candles. She symbolises the death of innocence, and also may refer to the red flags used by the Jews in pleading for help from the Allies.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DaLa said:

Se7en, although I was somewhat shocked all the way through wondering who had concocted such a sick story line. 

Fun fact; Kevin Spacey didn't get a mention in the opening credits. Once you see Pitt and Freeman it would then be obvious who the killer was going to be. 

On 5/9/2021 at 10:55 AM, RobMuir said:

I thought this was going to be about Thai movies since this is a Thai forum

It's a Thai forum, but it is aimed at Farangs, so it should be about Farang movies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

When Liam Neeson loses the plot realising he could have saved more people, how could that not be sad?

Apparently the girl in red was Spielberg's decision, the only color in the film apart from the Shabbat candles. She symbolises the death of innocence, and also may refer to the red flags used by the Jews in pleading for help from the Allies.

I never said the ending wasn't sad at all, just that for me the red dress bit was the saddest part.

39 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Titanic. 

Sorry, but I felt so little empathy for Di Caprio character that when he died I didn't care, and when she threw a gem worth a fortune away I just thought what a waste- if she didn't want it she could have sold it and given the money to charity.

However, I do understand that a lot of people did feel sad at the end. To each their own.

1 hour ago, pmarlowe said:

For those of you who can abide subtitles and stand to have your heart broken yet once again

Ikiru (kurosawa)

Tokyo Story (Ozu)

After Life (Kore-Eda

Can't remember the name but the Korean film where the deaf guy tries to sell his kidney to save his sister and gets ripped off was pretty sad at the end.

Also the one where the hero gets kidnapped and put in a prison because he insulted a rich guy. At the end he cuts his own tongue out.

Loads of Asian films are very sad.