Movies that have a really emotional ending.

5 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

After having lived in Thailand for 11 years and watched a movie on my computer each night, just within the past 6 months I have noticed that I have to be very careful about the kind of movies I watch. If they are highly emotional, violent, vulgar, scary or stressful to watch in any way, I have to turn them off. I develop severe anxiety and my pulse and blood pressure surges. These movies go deep into your spirit and affect your subconscious mind, and this will trigger depression, anxiety, fear and sleepless nights. Be very careful what you put into your spirit! 

Yes, Thais are good at making very funny movies and very sad movies. They don't seem to make much in between other than ghost movies.

18 hours ago, Los Luver said:

Didn't read the previous 3 pages, but I know about a movie that is still in my mind from 90s. A British one called <Breaking the waves>. Great movie !!

Actually, the Writer and director was Lars von Trier, a Dane, and he wanted to make it in several different European countries  before settling on Scotland.

It won lots of awards, and yes the ending was very sad.

On 5/9/2021 at 4:15 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't remember the title of the movie, or much of anything.

But there was this bad monster (or was it a robot?) which everybody thought would be dead. And then the last scene of the movie shows that it moves again. 

I am sure someone here will remember that one.

Could be The Iron Giant.

1 hour ago, DBath said:

That part where Matt Dillon saves the woman in the burning car IS DEEP. 

Yes! From having treated her very bad before. And that music when he saves her... wow!

Edited by Captor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captor said:

Yes! From having treated her very bad before. And that music when he saves her... wow!

For me that was very powerful, also that part near the end with Don Cheatles ‘movie brother’. That movie gave so many examples of racism from almost every angle and ethnicity, frontwards and backwards. And the scene with the little girl jumping into her fathers arms to save him with her ‘invisibility cloak’, dam I almost forgot that part!

9 hours ago, DBath said:

For me that was very powerful, also that part near the end with Don Cheatles ‘movie brother’. That movie gave so many examples of racism from almost every angle and ethnicity, frontwards and backwards. And the scene with the little girl jumping into her fathers arms to save him with her ‘invisibility cloak’, dam I almost forgot that part!

Yes, it is one of my favorite movies by all categories. I hope more people here will watch it.