Thailand reports over 2,101 COVID-19 cases, 17 new deaths

10 minutes ago, xtof2 said:

I am not sure that they will be a compulsory insurance fee to cover side effects.

In Europe, not a single insurance company is willing to cover side effects.

Too many uncertainties today about possible long term side effects. Saying that even if I am 100% in favor of vaccination (and got my first jab a month ago).

According to this they will be. 

"Covid-19 vaccine shots provided by private hospitals will be charged at a standard price including insurance for any side effects, according to the Private Hospital Association (PHA)" B.P.

6 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

So they havent find any non symptomatic ever! They only put sick people in like field hospital! 

Dont mix any Ya Ba in your coffee!

You don't understand the current practice. 

Symptomatics go to regular hospitals. When they recover, they are discharged. 

Asymptomatics go to field hospitals for some fixed period of time. 

What confuses matters is that there are now special field hospitals that are basically a regular hospital in a tent, like a Mash unit. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

It is interesting to compare the attitudes in Thailand and the UK. Both have similar populations and eerily similar infection and death numbers in the last week.

In the UK Covid is being waved goodbye and people beleive normality is just around the corner. In Thailand a potential armaggedon awaits. It is the vaccination rates that make the difference.

Meanwhile, in Texas 75,000 rock up for a boxing match.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Not just that, the locally issued numbers are consistent with the national numbers. It would be an enormous effort to fake all those numbers. 

Let's say all the numbers are faked. Early in the morning, Buriram sends out a report saying there are 3 new cases, a fake number. Because the provincial government is faking the numbers, they have no idea what the real number is. But, there is a hospital in Buriram  with 20 new cases that day, and word gets out that the provincial numbers are fake. That's the risk that faking the numbers incurs. Any understatement of the real numbers is risky. 

I've not seen anyone saying the numbers are fake so whats the point of the post?

• Like 1

These numbers seem to be the "new normal," at least for now. There doesn't appear to be any exponential spread of the virus and the lockdown lite measures may be the reason. Unfortunately, it may be some time before the new case/death numbers return to triple/single digits of a couple months ago. However, these numbers are still incredibly low for a country of 65M and we may have to live with them (and lockdown lite) until vaccination is widespread. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 2

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1391264909837488128

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Sunday: Since Jan 2020 83,375 people infected (+15 imported cases & +2,086 local cases) 399 dead +17 (0.48%) 29,371 still in care 2,186 discharged from care Bangkok = 980 Surrounding area = 477 Other provinces = 629

image.png.7905ed2cf4ae879d011cc88b481af493.png

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1391265856462594048

There have now been 54,512 new cases since 1st April and 305 deaths. The number of people in serious condition and on ventilators has increased. Today, there are 1,442 (304) patients in serious condition and 394 (14) on ventilators #Thailand

image.png.7f74d19ee8c5594ce23d7b8d56b201c4.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

With all the previous evidence of outbreaks in migrant communities and factories, coupled with the latest outbreak in the Pineapple factory with nearly half the workforce infected. I fear that unless some serious testing is done within those communities it won't be long until they spring up again and create new large clusters. 

I can't remember the last time I was within 2 meters of a Thai factory worker...just sayin'.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

Me too!

I guess that you might get charged the basic amount but then there would be the 'nursing fee' and the 'doctor's fee' and the 'miscellaneous items' and any other stuff that they can pad the bill with!  

From my hospital ... 

Vaccine Letter.jpg

52 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are both right and wrong. 

It is true that hospitals don't release people when they are symptomatic, they release them when they are healthy. So, your statement is true, but misleading. 

Hospital discharges are people who were symptomatic but are now healthy. 

Unfortunately, it is likely that discharge numbers include people discharged from field hospitals who were asymptomatic, so  the discharge number is not 100% meaningful. 

You are more right than wrong.

From the beginning, PUI, patients are not released until they test negative two times in a row. That should also be true for anyone who has tested positive include everyone in the field hospitals. 

50 minutes ago, xtof2 said:

I am not sure that they will be a compulsory insurance fee to cover side effects.

In Europe, not a single insurance company is willing to cover side effects.

Too many uncertainties today about possible long term side effects. Saying that even if I am 100% in favor of vaccination (and got my first jab a month ago).

Didn't I read somewhere that insurance for side effects would be covered in the cost?

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000676

The Public Health Ministry has clarified that elderly people who had registered for vaccination through the “MohPromt” application would be receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Good to hear.

Though with the daily about faces, who knows what they will say tomorrow let alone do next month.

I felt more sure of not getting Sinovac when it was nto approved for use in my age group.

There is also the question, MoPH statements/polucy aside, of what hospitals will actually do in June & July  if their AZ supplies run out and people are still coming in with appointments.

53 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

This is indeed a good thing because it looked just a couple of weeks ago like the hospital system would be overwhelmed, which would have all kinds of horrible knock-on effects.  But it's obviously not good enough.  Such high daily case numbers mean the growth rate could start rising again at any time.  All it would take is one super-spreading event.

Yeah...we don't hear much from the sky is falling "exponential" rise in infections crowd any more; I almost miss them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Didn't I read somewhere that insurance for side effects would be covered in the cost?

Yes, it was reported in the BP yesterday that the Moderna vaccination (2 shots) would be covered by insurance for serious side effects B100,000 and 1m for death. B3,000 all in.

Edited by anchadian

17 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I can't remember the last time I was within 2 meters of a Thai factory worker...just sayin'.

Good for you and if you're also sure that nobody you've had contact with, or their friends or friends of friends have then all is rosy in Phuket for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Good for you and if you're also sure that nobody you've had contact with, or their friends or friends of friends have then all is rosy in Phuket for you.

Most likely true...not many factories in Phuket.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1391271896147062785

Bangkok’s districts with the highest number of cases on May 8 include Pom Prap Sattru Phai (31), Khlong Toei (19), Pathumwan (18), Din Daeng (14), Lat Phrao (12), Ratchathewi (11), Huai Khwang (11), Chatuchak (10) and Watthana (10).

Edited by anchadian

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1391271896147062785

Bangkok’s districts with the highest number of cases on May 8 include Pom Prap Sattru Phai (31), Khlong Toei (19), Pathumwan (18), Din Daeng (14), Lat Phrao (12), Ratchathewi (11), Huai Khwang (11), Chatuchak (10) and Watthana (10).

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1391270337841487874

Of the 2,086 local cases, the highest numbers by province were 980 in Bangkok, followed by 221 in Nonthaburi, 108 in Samut Prakan, 96 in Chonburi, 95 in Samut Sakhon and 50 in Surat Thani.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1391272821607657472

The results of a proactive detection of #COVID19 in Klong Toey community in #Bangkok 27 April to 8 May 2021: Summary of SWAB examination results of 16,131 cases The result is negative: 8,870 cases The result is positive: 477 cases * Waiting for 6,784 results

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Hospital admissions and discharges seem to be steady state. 

They are also starting to show that the same number ( ish ) are being discharged as those that are being admitted.

With the Authorities ramping up testing in BKK to 3000 per Day ( but only till Tuesday ) there may possibly be more cases for the Hospitals to deal with.

• Like 1