Thailand reports over 2,101 COVID-19 cases, 17 new deaths

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are confusing the overnight data with the slower process of issuing death certificates. 

Actually I wa quoting the figures given in the link i posted, attempting to explain my point about mis-reporting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Apparently some people are hung up on defining terms I or others use rather than debating the topic, for clarity I believe Thailand is in a "major outbreak" right now with every single Province being affected. Bangkok being the epicenter of this outbreak.

The question is how much this outbreak will continue not the terms used. 

Wrist duly slapped! ????

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I walked around Pattaya yesterday, looking for signs of life. There are still people either not wearing face masks or using them as chinstraps. A few Farangs who don’t cover their noses.

It’s the older Thai men who don’t bother with the face masks. The type who get infected and die. 

I didn’t go indoors in public places, since just about everything was closed.

If they die, they die, never mind.

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

The thing is, that masks don't protect the wearer nearly so much as they protect others from those wearing masks. 

What about people who have already had the virus and have recovered and are not sick do they have to wear a mask and if so why?

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

What about people who have already had the virus and have recovered and are not sick do they have to wear a mask and if so why?

Given the few tests performed in Thailand, what you are basically saying is that anyone who thinks they had Covid should be able to walk around without a face mask.

Besides, it’s possible to get re-infected and then infect others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Given the few tests performed in Thailand, what you are basically saying is that anyone who thinks they had Covid should be able to walk around without a face mask.

Besides, it’s possible to get re-infected and then infect others.

No what I'm basically saying those who have test positive and recovered and therefore documentary proof of recovery should be free of restrictions.It's also possible the vaccinated people can get infected and since it's possible to get reinfected then you suggest the restrictions will be a permanent thing.

It's possible for man to walk on the moon but it doesn't happen very often.Set yourself free of fear dude or it will be a sad existence for you to remain so shackled.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

No what I'm basically saying those who have test positive and recovered and therefore documentary proof of recovery should be free of restrictions.It's also possible the vaccinated people can get infected and since it's possible to get reinfected then you suggest the restrictions will be a permanent thing.

It's possible for man to walk on the moon but it doesn't happen very often.Set yourself free of fear dude or it will be a sad existence for you to remain so shackled.

It is called re-infection. Nobody in Thailand in 2020 had been infected by the UK variant, and so are liable to re-infection now from this or other new variants.

Also, your premise has a slippery slope: there is no lack of idiots in Thailand who think they had Covid last year, but never got tested. So, they are careless, and have no worries about infecting other people.

Edited by Danderman123

14 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Once vaccination levels reach a certain point then mask-wearing will no longer be mandatory.

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Once vaccination levels reach a certain point then mask-wearing will no longer be mandatory.

What is that certain point and how do you know this as the goal posts have shifted around like sand in a desert storm.Some suggest that the restrictions should remain in place as long as there is the slightest possibility of "anyone" being infected or reinfected.What's your guess as to the defining factor for ending mask wearing?

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

What is that certain point and how do you know this as the goal posts have shifted around like sand in a desert storm.Some suggest that the restrictions should remain in place as long as there is the slightest possibility of "anyone" being infected or reinfected.What's your guess as to the defining factor for ending mask wearing?

My guess would be worthless. I'm not an epidemiologist.