How Much, in hard Cash, do you Contribute to the Thai Economy Each Year? Ex Tax.

34 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously it's good for Thailand if foreigners spend a lot of money in the country. But how about other criteria?

I am sure some criminals spend a LOT of money. Should they get special rights because of that?

How about how people interact with Thai people. Some foreigners seem to see Thais only as their service. Other are nice even to the maids and cleaners.

I am sure there are a lot of criteria which makes people welcome - or not so much.

Now that you have underlined the exceptions, all the other expenses and attitudes are genuine and contribute to the wellness of this country...

23 minutes ago, Susco said:

Damn, I always thought that a business supposed to be self-sufficient. So it are actually businesses that thrive on the money you give them?

To a degree yes, we established them in order to support our extended family and the upcoming generation of the family' s young kids.  My wife and I are in a position to do that and we are happy to do it.  Lifting the whole family beyond where they would have been without such help is a great satisfaction. So, it's still cash into the Thai economy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I spend as  little  as  possible. That's  because there is  nothing I want for. Don't  drink, smoke, eat  out,  go  out, pay for women/men/beasts.

You must spend happy life!

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me when I was sitting with a bar manager in a popular gogo bar a couple of years ago. Two young and fit and good looking guys walked in. I mentioned to the manager that now probably all the girls would swarm around those guys. And he said: No! Because what most girls want are not so young not so handsome guys who know that they better spend money on the girls. He told me young handsome guy often don't spend much money and think they should get it for free from the girls. After looking how the situation developed I believed the manager. I learned something on that day.

You should know that already LOL. Just what we know from how really sexy woman doing. But we guys are so stupid we still use our money for those girls who really dont care from us! And many of those really good looking girls are really poor in bed also! Best "ride" i have getting from, little fat and ugly one's LOL

• Haha 2

2,300,000 per year divided by 12 months = ~191,600 baht per month (2,300,000 baht divided by 30 baht = $76,000 US dollars)

191,600 baht per month divided by 30 days in a month is ~6,386 baht per day, every single day of the year.

Why don't you outline in detail how you are actually spending that much money per month or day?

Keeping money in the bank is not spending it or contributing either.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

All these posters claiming to spend all this money and NOT ONE POST showing an actual factual spend?

Why is that?

If you have lived in Thailand and bought one car, are you a big spender?

Let's see the facts.

Some claim to have spreadsheets showing ANNUAL SPEND of 1.8 million baht

Let's see them

Twelve years ago living in Phuket we easily burned through 150k a month. Rent was 45k ++, every other week we were flying somewhere or of on a trip to an island and staying in nice resorts, it's very easily done and you don't need a spreadsheet to prove it. Now, today, I'm a 50k/60k a month man and much happier, but there again I'm older now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I spend as  little  as  possible. That's  because there is  nothing I want for. Don't  drink, smoke, eat  out,  go  out, pay for women/men/beasts.

Are you a Kindler ?. 

Nuff said ...

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

easy 

no it really isnt, you probably count investment,

but in pure consumption you have no choice

but to get drunk in gogo every night and spend

at least half in tipping to reach that consumption

• Thanks 1

About 700K baht/year, would be a fair bit less if I was not supporting a Thai family.

I play golf three times a week, live comfortably, eat mainly Thai food or cook for myself.

I am baffled how anyone could spend 2 million baht a year, unless they were either barfining every day, or getting drunk on Glenfiddich every day.

• Like 2

Just now, blackcab said:

2 children in a top tier international school in Bangkok would help towards that significantly.

Fathering a child in Thailand is not an ambition of mine, but point taken.

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

2,300,000 per year divided by 12 months = ~191,600 baht per month (2,300,000 baht divided by 30 baht = $76,000 US dollars)

191,600 baht per month divided by 30 days in a month is ~6,386 baht per day, every single day of the year.

Why don't you outline in detail how you are actually spending that much money per month or day?

Keeping money in the bank is not spending it or contributing either.

Perhaps he  gives to charity.

• Like 1