How Much, in hard Cash, do you Contribute to the Thai Economy Each Year? Ex Tax.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What would you think about a person in real life if he talks in detail about how much money he spends on this and that?

Well I agree I certainly don't talk in detail about what I spend but apparently even anything you say generally in a topic about how much you spend makes you a liar to some. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, starky said:

Private health insurance for my family and school fees alone for me personally is over 400 000 baht a year. That's before I have a glass of water . Spending over 2 million baht a year doesn't mean I go down the shops every day and spend 7000 baht. Just because you think 6000 baht a day is a lot of money doesn't make it so lol.

400,000 a year for school and health insurance is nothing. 400,000/30 baht=$13,333 US dollars.

If that is your major expense what do you spend the other 1,600,000 ANNUALLY (133,333 baht a month on)?

According to your logic of 2,000,000 baht per year, you are spending US $66,666.66 a year to live in Thailand.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No problems for me to shop where I want as I buy in Bulk for most things to try and save money, so thats why we shop at Makro.  We also shop at Villa here in Lumpini where we buy all of our western food stuffs to fill the pantry.  I guess 250 Thb for a box of Triscuits, 700 Baht for Johnsonville sausages, 650 Thb for Jones dairy farm breakfast sausages, 250 Thb for Krusteaz pancake mix, and so on is too much for you, but that's what the family likes to eat when they want to eat it.  We easily spend 10K a week at Villa as well.  I guess a 1500 Thb bottle of wine is to much for you as well.  The bar is also stocked with Bushmills, Glenlivet, and a few other top shelf brands. 

We also support a few families that live down the side sois who have fallen on hard times.  Not sure what your issue is, but something has sure soured you.  You almost sound jealous. 

I also own 3 houses in the US still that I rent out as well as still having a house of my own with my two paid for cars, a 2020 Acura MDX, and a 2020 Toyota 4 Runner.  Was the CEO of my own company that I shut down due to Covid.  Pay my housekeeper 20k a month, my utility expenses were averaging around 8k a month until the covid breaks were given now I am down in the 6500 Thb range. 

Sounds like you do not like BKK, but we do.  Prior to covid I went back and forth to the US every 4th month and then returned 10 weeks later splitting my time between the countries. Life is good, I have the coin so I spend like I want and could care less what you really think.   

The issue is if you boast back it up with facts. Then there is no issue.

The issue becomes when there is no facts.

Let us guess why such a wealthy CEO such as yourself moved to third world Thailand and not some other rich, wealthy first world retirement destination?

Why isn't such a rich, wealthy CEO such as yourself living ocean front in the Caribbean, Ibiza, Cannes, or some other ritzy destination? All that money could surely have bought you a western, physically fit, supermodel hotty trophy wife that could speak English? Yes? No?

When you try to make 8K utilities sound expensive, you are given your story away. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, starky said:

But but you would have to no one wants to live in Thailand that has a decent disposable income. Your all liars I say liars. None of it is true Elon Musk, Ibiza Cannes, trophy wife,  100 billion. Can't you see? It's all so clear ????????????????

I have a decent disposable income, but I can't equate 'decent' to '$100 billion', they're a world apart.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I have a decent disposable income, but I can't equate 'decent' to '$100 billion', they're a world apart.

Yes. Yes they are. Bravo. You do understand the context of my response . People saying they are spending a couple million baht a year and being called liars by some random who is off on a tangent about Elon Musk and 100 billion and why would you live here if you had more than 70k US a year to spend.

Just to spell it out I wasn't suggesting 100 billion is a decent income hope that clears things up for you ????

Edited by starky

19 minutes ago, starky said:

400 000 is nothing? Well its a fifth of 2 million that's certainly something, and according to some more than what they would spend in a year just living here. Talk about confused what isn't nothing then? 1 miilion a year? 2?As I said damned if you do damned if you don't.

I don't need to explain myself to you and nor am I giving a detailed account of my expenditure to some random on an anymous forum. That was just a simple example of the reason people do spend that much here. Believe me or do not that is up to yourself but yes I would easily spend that amount of money per annum. Why are you so concerned about it? Or more importantly what would I gain from lying about it?

1 year of US college tuition at an average school can run US $45,000+ for 1 year. Now if you compare an international school in Thailand being the best to Ivy League colleges in the USA being the best, do the math, it is indeed nothing.

Don't you find it odd, of all the posts, NOT one person has any facts. The excuse I don't have to post facts blah blah blah

Posting facts is the evidence if you really want to prove your telling the truth.

If you don't want to prove it, then really you can post anything you want, like the poster spending 3,000,000 in Isaan with no girls or booze.

Pretty sure 99% of all the people on this entire forum moved to THAILAND because they SIMPLY could not afford to live in their own country?

Did you forget the huge post of lots of folks living on 30,000 a month? Or the need to use a VISA agent because you moved all the way to Thailand and you don't even have 800K baht to your name? Or having to work as an English teacher the rest of your life in an ungrateful, low paid, education system? Or the reason you moved to Thailand in the first place? Oh, yes! The weather! The 100f+days with 90% humidity, the Monsoon rainy reason for 6 months and the lovely floods and droughts? Wonderful.

Did you grow up dreaming about Thailand when you were a boy? Or you made it all the way to retirement age and finally figured out you didn't plan well enough or earn enough to retire in your own country or somewhere even nicer?

I honestly don't have any concerns, however, in the world we live full of fake news and social media, having some facts can be very discerning to getting to the truth. If nothing is the truth, how can anyone really learn anything?

• Sad 1

Just now, bwpage3 said:

Wealthy people would never ever mention or worry about an 8K bill or shopping at Makro, which by the way, you did, post an entirely different amount of your grocery bill on another post, so that in itself is evidence you are making things up as you go. You posted 2 different amounts, no one did that but you.

Wealthy people,

I currently only know one wealthy couple (Thai), they live in a 100Mbht teak house (I find it uncomfortable), she stopped having sex with him 10 years back (he pays Karaoke girls 10kbht a go). Nice couple but very unhappy.

I did know several wealthy people in the UK, they weren't all that happy with their lives or their wealth either.

In fact I'd go as far to as to say they seem typical wealthy people to me, they're as unhappy as Johnny Depp, Steve Bezos, Bill Gates ........ I just don't see the wealthy as generally happy people. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Wow!!  Double wow!  For what kind of multi-tenanted palace is that? 

A 186 sqm 3 bedroom condo, average before the Covid breaks given at 8k a month.  Keep it at 28c now, sleeping room at 24 at night.  Easy to do.  We only cool the rooms we use, bedrooms during the day are shut down with the blackout curtains closed, living room and Kitchen during the day is the only place we run them during the day, when we are here.  Most of the time we are out.

• Like 2