Birds Pecking at Car Window - Roosting and Defecating- How to Stop?

Recently have ended up with birds who incessantly peck at the windshield and side windows when the car is parked.  I am just guessing that they see their refection and are pecking at it being territorial.  I tried putting a rubber snake on both sides of the car by the side mirrors and draping it to the windshield.  That worked great for about two months until they figured out the snake was fake.  Now they even roost on the snakes while pecking.  They smear the windows a bit but the biggest problem is they defecate while roosting there and by the end of the day it is quite a mess.  Similarly have had them pecking at the windows of the house but that is not sure a problem since they can't roost against the windows. 

Any idea as to exactly what is attracting them, and any suggestions on how to stop it.  I tried the snakes and the other day I put sunshields on the windows.  However with the sunshields reflections still show and though I "think" the roosting was less there was still a mess.  Tired of having to wash off the <deleted> before taking out the car each day. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Plastic car cover?

That just means I have to wash the car cover.  If the birds don't drop on it, the Gecko's certainly will.  Also bigger nuisance to put the car cover on each time then wipe the car from the birds. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2021 at 4:19 PM, Thomas J said:

That just means I have to wash the car cover.  If the birds don't drop on it, the Gecko's certainly will.  Also bigger nuisance to put the car cover on each time then wipe the car from the birds. 

I had this trouble for several months. My car is parked under the bungalow roof canopy so there are several reasons why the birds like this. Flying insects buzz around the canopy light which attracts the lizards which in turn attracts the birds...which can attract cats. Turning the light off doesn't attract the insects but lizards still congregate there so the birds remained. In the end I turned to the car cover which does get soiled but it protects the car roof from birds scratching the paintwork. You can protect the cover to some degree by using a little, just a little, insect spray which is something you can't do on car paintwork.

• Sad 1

Ignore all other posts and do this …

(1) remove valuables

(2) wind windows down

they’ll fly straight through.

… occasional one stops to roost? adopt the young and house-train them … couple of generations … problem solved for good … then …

(3) wind windows up

(4) replace valuables.

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2021 at 4:19 PM, Thomas J said:

Now now ,that sounds a bit Lazy don't you think .

• Haha 2

Buy another mirror from one of those places that sells plastic buckets and attach some bamboo to it or something that makes if comfortable and easy for a couple of birds to perch there. 

I did this and I don't know why, but found the birds would rather sit there at look at themselves all day than using my car mirrors. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Simsy said:

... Get some bread, soak the bread in sang som or the like, sprinkle with sugar, plate up the bread, place plate on car... Watch the birds get trolleyed... Hours of fun! Enjoy ????????

..or just get trolleyed yourself and stop fretting over some birds

• Haha 1