Agent "Volunteer" Visas Are Now Catching Up With People Who Wish To Leave/Return

I thought I share a few snippets of a situation regarding these "Volunteer" visas supplied by various visa agents.

When this whole Covid mess started and Immigration sent everyone into a frenzy demand for these visas pent up and the prices soared.

Many have been assured it's possible to leave Thailand and return as long as one procures a re-entry permit the regular way. That's just half true as you now require a COE like everyone else and for that embassies/consulates also ask for documents from the organization that sponsored said volunteer visa. This might include a work permit, registration and confirmation letter. Most if not all of these things will be impossible to procure from said organization where someone just got bribed by the agency that sold the visa.

I tried to help someone this week whose COE application was rejected pending submission of said documents. The only option for such people to leave Thailand and return would be to depart, invalidate the visa and apply for a COE returning as a tourist (plus a few other visa options if eligible).

Most of these visas should come to an end soon anyway but this might be an unpleasant surprise for some.

2 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Thailand has hardly any tourist and yet they only give 45 days with a 30 days extension. What are they thinking?

For new arrivals they have been offering the STV that can be extended twice for 90 days each. This option is no longer listed on the website now so from what it seems this program has been discontinued.

However that isn't the issue on hand for those who were on the shady "agent visas". I'm sure these were useful to just stay in Thailand and not having to return to immigration all the time, however thinking to use it for frequent in and out was probably overly optimistic no matter what the scam agents told the customers.

3 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

For new arrivals they have been offering the STV that can be extended twice for 90 days each. This option is no longer listed on the website now so from what it seems this program has been discontinued.

However that isn't the issue on hand for those who were on the shady "agent visas". I'm sure these were useful to just stay in Thailand and not having to return to immigration all the time, however thinking to use it for frequent in and out was probably overly optimistic no matter what the scam agents told the customers.

Maybe now with just few tourists Thai immigration will lose their xenophobia and simplify their visa system?

• Haha 2