Muang Thong Thai location request

The huge post office backlog seems to me to be the root of the non arrival of returned 90 day report paperwork and as such I am going to assume mine is never going to arrive and am planning a visit to Muang Thong Thai to do the in-person requirement.

I have been there once before with my daughter driving (it is about an hours drive from where we live) and we went round in circles a bit before finding it and not sure if we can get there again. I know that somewhere on the forum there are instructions on where it is but darned if I can find them using the search facility so was wondering if I could ask someone to repost them for me, or better still, have a google map reference.

Thanks in advance you kind people.

They go by postage stamp date so don't worry too much for no reason.

It's very easy to find when you enter it into Grab should you decide to go after all:

Thai Immigration (Temporary VISA Extension Center at Muang Thong Tani)

8 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

They go by postage stamp date so don't worry too much for no reason.

It's very easy to find when you enter it into Grab should you decide to go after all:

Thai Immigration (Temporary VISA Extension Center at Muang Thong Tani)

Thanks and just one quick question. When you say "Enter it into Grab" I am not quite sure what that is. Grab Taxi maybe? Never used it so can you enlighten me a little. Thank you.

On 5/9/2021 at 5:12 PM, narisarasgroove said:

The huge post office backlog seems to me to be the root of the non arrival of returned 90 day report paperwork

What is this "huge post office backlog"?

When did you send your filing? Reports currently point to 6 + weeks, from receipt at CW to receiving a next report date slip.

This assumes you filed on time, and that your filing was received.

There are a a lot of Youtube videos which show people driving to MTT, those and the hundreds of posts here, should get you close.

Consider making an appointment as this can speed things up.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

scroll down, when you get there, to the 90 day MTT option. Spoof your report date if it is past. Bring proof your filing was delievered to CW (EMS screengrab).

Edited by mtls2005

On 5/11/2021 at 7:03 AM, mtls2005 said:

What is this "huge post office backlog"?

When did you send your filing? Reports currently point to 6 + weeks, from receipt at CW to receiving a next report date slip.

This assumes you filed on time, and that your filing was received.

There are a a lot of Youtube videos which show people driving to MTT, those and the hundreds of posts here, should get you close.

Consider making an appointment as this can speed things up.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

scroll down, when you get there, to the 90 day MTT option. Spoof your report date if it is past. Bring proof your filing was delievered to CW (EMS screengrab).

Thanks for the input. Got the directions sorted now from info supplied by forum users.

The post office backlog is info from my wife who keeps up with Thai news. Videos and pictures are around (in Thai of course) showing mountains of undelivered mail at almost deserted sorting offices etc due to staff shortage because of covid.

I understand about the long wait but don't want to chance it never being delivered which has been the case a couple of times in the past. Fortunately for me my daughters workplace is closed for 2 weeks so she is available to drive me there. If not, trying to communicate where I wanted to go to a taxi driver from where I live (about an hour away) would have been a problem. Hence the request for directions info.

On 5/9/2021 at 5:33 PM, narisarasgroove said:

Thanks and just one quick question. When you say "Enter it into Grab" I am not quite sure what that is. Grab Taxi maybe? Never used it so can you enlighten me a little. Thank you.

Grab is the equivalent of Uber, (actually bought out Uber in Thailand). I use it all the time, as I live in central Bangkok, and it's an efficient service, in which drivers use GPS. If you want it, download the app in Playstore.

Edited by samtam
  • Thanks 1