What kind of hobbies do you have?

jvs

2 hours ago, alanrchase said:

Flying RC plane.

Mine, fashioned from scrap "future board"  hasn't got off the ground yet  

think it will be too heavy  with the battery,receiver and ESC I have at the moment.

354032101_P_20210408_112310(Large).jpg.3f8de847e95fc7b93c28003918db8eed.jpg

Edited by johng
  • Like 2

Looks like some people are sharing the same interests but only finding out about it now.

Great!

Yes it is important to stay active but today is just too hot for me,been outside moving the sprinklers and took a few pictures but that is it.

soon as it cools down a bit feeding animals and back inside!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom89 said:

That's something I've been interested in doing. In particular I'm interested in RC gliders. Any advice on shops and how to get started here in Thailand? I live in north Thailand. 

HobbyKing is by far the best source (order over their website). Look for RTF (ready to fly) aircraft that come with everything you need. Start off with a Bixler, and go from there.

HobbyKing ships from Hong Kong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Golf, gym, boxing, gardening -veggies and ornamentals (orchids now which is great to discover in more depth), swimming, surfing both here and O/S, writing the occasional profession article, enjoying my beautiful villa, women, cooking, guests and a damn good Aussie style BBQ, cooking, cycling, sailing occasionally, travelling, astronomy/star gazing with my awesome super powerful telescope, making wooden toys for orphanages - rocking horses coming along nicely ????????   

No scrabble  ??

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

HobbyKing is by far the best source (order over their website). Look for RTF (ready to fly) aircraft that come with everything you need. Start off with a Bixler, and go from there.

HobbyKing ships from Hong Kong.

Thanks Steve

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Mansell said:

If you haven’t flown before I would suggest poweredgliders. You use the power to get to altitude then turn it off. I bought one on Lazada, pretty expensive for what it was, and it wasn’t very big.....bigger is better for lift etc. I was flying one day and I let it get a bit far away, suddenly I had no control. It was still in sight, but basically disappeared. We searched for days, but nothing....I think somebody must have picked it up and walked away. I used to fly a lot in California and had an assortment of planes/gliders. I don’t think the ones I’ve seen here are very good. The best bet would be to have somebody bring it from your country, when they can. German electric engines are the best, but you pay for that. Good luck.

Thanks Mansell

1 hour ago, Tom89 said:

That's something I've been interested in doing. In particular I'm interested in RC gliders. Any advice on shops and how to get started here in Thailand? I live in north Thailand. 

I got started with a shop west of Bangkok called Sila Shop. Not sure they do gliders but believe they have a Facebook account so you might be able to check with them. Since then I get everything from Lazada or Aliexpress. For information on transmitters and electrics I use YouTube, would be lost without it. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Nemises said:

I’d love to do this, racing against others. Know of any place where races are held?

I personally dont race but sail in the sea off the coast of Prachuap it can be exhilarating and just one day the boat may head for Cambodia (i have avoided that for 8 years)

There are sailing clubs in Bangkok  (sarin city village pool) and Sattahip

As in Thailand most contact is via FB but they are very friendly

https://www.facebook.com/rcscthai/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

I got started with a shop west of Bangkok called Sila Shop. Not sure they do gliders but believe they have a Facebook account so you might be able to check with them. Since then I get everything from Lazada or Aliexpress. For information on transmitters and electrics I use YouTube, would be lost without it. 

Thanks Alan

22 minutes ago, rumak said:

I was going to say !!   Reading these guys you'd think ." damn, there's some pretty interesting guys on this forum" 

Then you meet them in person ...............  and ballpoint asks you " hey,  can you get my cane for me.   Its about time for my nap .  Gotta get up after that and watch bad boys 3 on Netflix "

it can be very stressful sailing you know

in January being a stupid boy  i chucked it in the sea in stupidly high  winds even the fishing boats did not go out

anyway sailed for 90 mins.... it flew! and didn't sink

i cant imagine losing it, the mrs would kill me it costs twice as much as the motorbike she would never let me live it down

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Golf, swimming ,reading, writing plus other stuff I can't mention on this forum.

I've learned how to compile and edit videos in the last month, which will keep me busy for the next couple of months.

is there a specific software to compile/edit videos, that's something I would be interested looking at as have many old videos from when the kids were growing up and would like to compile/edit some, thanks for any referral

59 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

is there a specific software to compile/edit videos, that's something I would be interested looking at as have many old videos from when the kids were growing up and would like to compile/edit some, thanks for any referral

You can download OpenShot for free from the internet, it's probably not the most sophisticated around but it's doing everything I want. Some file suffixes it won't accept. Had a lot of fun learning how to use it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

I ran out of energy just reading your post.

Playing amateur farmer on 3 rai of fruit trees, vegetables and lawns is enough for me, seeing there is no ocean to swim in up here.

Swimming pools OK for me,  better than swimming in some Thai beach waters along with the turds floating about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I draw Fantasy and Science Fiction Art, and maps as a Cartographer, to support my Space Opera, and Fantasy Novel writing. 
Very slowly, a few hours a week, I study languages using CD courses.
Also a few hours a week, I play military simulation games online, Environments like Afghanistan, Iraq, and Vietnam.

New Asia System Pic - Need edited.jpg

New Asia Planetary Hex Map - Need edited.jpg

Varala Drift Eye Cany 21 Sep 2020.jpg

scr00007.jpg

scr00010.jpg

Image13.jpg

• Like 1