I am in Bangkok, I would like to take a bus going to Pattaya ? possible or not

Naelys

I wanna go to Pattaya, right. I already out of the ASQ is already a month, I've the vaccines but it doesn't count for travel inside Thailand - only Phuket I guess.

So, can I travel worries-free from Bangkok to Pattaya, without to do report, or have a quarantine in Pattaya ?

a friend of mine wants to go to bkk for cancer surgery,

but the demand on 14 days of quarantine in bkk

before he can go to the hospital at the cost of over 100k

has made him postpone the surgery

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, couchpotato said:

Your post is not what the OP asked. He is in Bangkok now and wants to go to Pattaya. nothing to do with coming from overseas to Thailand.

For the OP...there is no quarantine in Pattaya, and no travel restrictions whatsoever between Bangkok and Pattaya, although better to do in the daytime.

Have a good journey.

My post referred to private car or taxi (ie: no restrictions)  But as another poster said, there maybe some papers required for bus transport.

I have been advised by someone who traveled that their is no paperwork required now.

They apparently stopped it as the government staff fears interaction with people could cause infection.

There also is no 14 day quarantine either way that I have heard of.

Edited by bkk6060

No problems coming to Pattaya. I came 4 days ago from BKK by taxi without any checks or road blocks. Took a taxi since the Airport-Jomtien Bus is halted until 14 May. The sign indicated that Ekamai-Pattaya busses were still running but did not confirm. 

32 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

The sign indicated that Ekamai-Pattaya busses were still running but did not confirm. 

Yes they are, passed one today and the bus station on North Rd looked quite active.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarrySeaman said:

Unless you are operating on pennies a day then hire a private car and driver or a taxi.  The cost should be in the 1500-2000 Bt range for the private car service and you will get door to door service in a nice AC car or SUV.

Send me a private email and I can give you a recommendation for private taxi service from Pattaya.  It is a husband and wife team, the husband drives and the wife is there to translate.  They take me back and forth to Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital for appointments.  I recommended them to a newly arrived acquaintance a couple of weeks ago to get him to a hotel here in Pattaya after he got out of quarantine in BKK.  The next day they came back and helped him move his three 70# suitcases (too heavy for him at his age) to the apartment he had rented.  Nothing but great reviews from him,  from the friends who recommend this private taxi service to me, and from me.

Unless you are operating on pennies a day

Insulting. I would ignore your recommendations on that alone.

But nice advertisement anyway.

• Haha 2

On 5/10/2021 at 12:59 AM, couchpotato said:

I have just seen a new article that is relevant to your question..please read it.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/09/thai-department-of-land-transport-announces-stricter-covid-19-rules-and-precautions-for-buses-and-motorcycle-taxis/

It seems like you only need the 'Mor Chana' app on your phone and logon at the start of your journey.

thankfully someone who has read the post correctly and offered a helpful solution to the inquirer

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 5:26 PM, scammed said:

a friend of mine wants to go to bkk for cancer surgery,

but the demand on 14 days of quarantine in bkk

before he can go to the hospital at the cost of over 100k

has made him postpone the surgery

is there 14 day quarantine for anyone coming from pattaya?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

is there 14 day quarantine for anyone coming from pattaya?

as far as i know it is in his province, he wanted me to come over but the whole quarantine thing ended the idea

Can't help but think that if you go with a private taxi and let the driver do the talking at any checkpoints, if there are any, you've got a much better chance of actually getting there than if you were travelling alone on a bus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Can't help but think that if you go with a private taxi and let the driver do the talking at any checkpoints, if there are any, you've got a much better chance of actually getting there than if you were travelling alone on a bus.

Good idea......I also take their mobile phones off them........even more chance of getting there.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

I have a driver I have used for 5 years.  They will complete a form for me to present if detained at a check point.  Never have we ever been stopped.

To add, I guess the responsible thing to do is to get a test prior to travel.  But again, I am not aware of any checkpoints, enforced quarantine.    And,  the driver takes you directly to a hotel or residence no one is saying anything about it other then "welcome". 

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Its actually the other way around. I have taken hundreds of buses all across Thailand, Pattaya to BKK once a week and never once has the bus been stopped at a roadblock, the cops just wave them through.

On the other hand I have taken privet taxis a few times and always been stopped at roadblocks. One time the driver was arguing with the police man about a bribe, I asked the driver what does the cop want and he said money because there was a falang in the back seat. I gave him 100 bht to give to the cop and said lets go.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Its actually the other way around. I have taken hundreds of buses all across Thailand, Pattaya to BKK once a week and never once has the bus been stopped at a roadblock, the cops just wave them through.

On the other hand I have taken privet taxis a few times and always been stopped at roadblocks. One time the driver was arguing with the police man about a bribe, I asked the driver what does the cop want and he said money because there was a falang in the back seat. I gave him 100 bht to give to the cop and said lets go.

That's very interesting, thank you. I've been hassled at roadblocks on public buses twice where they spent ages looking at my passport after boarding the bus and were obviously fishing for a bribe, which I refused to give, opening my wallet and showing that it was empty (this was when I was a backpacker and I used to keep 2 wallets). The first time it happened was on a public bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong, I was on my way to Luang Prabang. EDIT: I just remembered that this was when all that red shirt and yellow shirt stuff was kicking off and they took over the airport in Bangkok.

In reality, if they only want 100 baht then it's not really a problem, epecially when a taxi to Pattaya is 1500+. But actually I'm not surprised to hear about your experiences, thanks for sharing.

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

WELL, sir, there is no quarantine yet for travellers within thailand

he says the quarantine in bkk 14 days for 114k baht in a hotel before he can go to surgery is the reason he dont get it done yet

On 5/10/2021 at 10:56 AM, Surelynot said:

Are farangs allowed on buses? Thought we were banned?

That would be discrimination.

There are no Farangs....please don't be a racist. 

Why would you want to increase your exposure by getting on bus, train, or plane? 

Do you not read about about the latest  wave being transmitted via these vehicles? 

If you had, and you understand most Thais are quite intimidated by large people in general, couple that with the passive panic currently at hand....and you answered your own question. 

10 hours ago, chilly07 said:

No thankyou.

Please stay where you are.

Chonburi has had enough Wuflu imports from Bangkok and even if you have just finished quarantine you can still carry an infection

You’re not the police. People don’t care about your phobia. They’ll go where they are allowed.