Foreign rider escapes fine for not wearing mask, gets warning instead

webfact

13 minutes ago, adam1 said:

I wonder how many years are you going to accept covering your face? seriously, I mean how many?  if we don't have faces, we are not human, life is short...   We need to protect life...  but that assumes life is meaningful and worth living... cowering in our homes and covering our faces for years kinda diminishes what life is.... 

Covering your face has nothing to do with life unless of course because you go maskless you become infected with the virus . When I first started coming to  asia around 1963 I was always intereted why the Japanese wore mask. They had the good sense not to spread their colds.

Wearing a mask is just good common sense to avoid getting the virus and spreading it if you become infected

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cnx101 said:

I agree but why are the parks closed so people can’t go jogging so they have to do on the street, and I see they still jam 10 or 12 people in the songtows in Chiangmai.

Only 12?

Luxury!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you are serious about Fighting this virus

Seriously?

Doesn't the science say that the chance of contracting the disease outside is very low, and one might think that while riding a m'bike the chances would be nil, unless a passenger was sitting in front and breathing corona virus into his nose.

We're always being told to follow the science by some posters, so are they going to post about this?

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-55680305

Researchers say infections can happen outdoors, but the chances are massively reduced.

Fresh air disperses and dilutes the virus.

It also helps to evaporate the liquid droplets in which it is carried.

On top of that, ultraviolet light from the Sun should kill any virus that's out in the open.

I would say that fresh air while outside would be a benefit to both our mask bound lungs and our mental health. We don't have cultural saying such as "Take a breath of fresh air", from nowhere. Does a tree that falls in the forest still make a noise if nobody is there to hear it. Schrödinger's Mask ???? conundrum !!!

2 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Why, pray tell, are all these reports (this one and others being posted) related to foreigners? Plenty of Thais doing the same thing. Wait, this is a rhetorical question....

You know they love to point the finger and blame dirty falangs,covers up their own inadequacy s so they think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

Regarding mountain biking, masks reduce oxygen intake - which can be very dangerous for those who do not have strong cardio vascular systems. I would assume that the same also applies to runners.

This is what Phuket have done in their mask regulations:

Screenshot from 2021-04-30 08-21-03-edit1.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

This is what Phuket have done in their mask regulations:

Screenshot from 2021-04-30 08-21-03-edit1.png

Thats why some thais are excluded they never stop eating,what about smoking,cut a hole in the mask i suppose is good enough,walking could be regarded as exercise 15 + klm "i show you mr policeman my fit pro app" ok just take 200 bht instead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, farangroby said:

I gonna get two of this

So wearing a helmet that doesn't look like you wear a helmet is solving a problem ?
I guess you should overthink it again ...

53 minutes ago, phantom51red said:

Walking the empty beach every morning i ask myself the same question,tho i dont wear one as this and on my bike is the only place i feel i can breathe properly !, i see some do even tho not within 20-50 metres distance from anyone,<deleted> even the thais out to collect shells from the rocks are wearing them,illogical.

Then in comparison you have the food courts inside shopping malls where people are practically back to back with each other sitting eating.

Well that’s a classic example of the lack of critical thinking that pervades Thailand- the same as evidenced by motorcycle riders wearing a mask and no helmet. There simply isn’t the intelligence to evaluate and understand risk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 0815 said:

So wearing a helmet that doesn't look like you wear a helmet is solving a problem ?
I guess you should overthink it again ...

Clearly you don’t do any overthinking pertaining to the understanding of irony..

Yesterday in Bangkok I saw a cop riding a scooter without helmet, without mask, without license plate, without mirrors, without tax sticker and one of his blinker was broken....Oh and I forgot to mention he was going the wrong way at an intersection. I wonder what would happen if I had posted a picture online (I'm pretty sure I would be arrested for damaging the image of Thai police).

Moreover, regarding wearing a mask while riding, in my case this is not feasible. I have a tight full face helmet and the mask will slip off whenever I put my helmet on...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Foreigner again?  That means nothing to anyone anymore. 

Was he  a resident, worker, citizen or just another tourist?

Come on Immigration..... do your homework. 

Stop discrimination now!

How about a man who broke the law(s)?

That has more substance and meaning .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rcuthbert said:

Regarding mountain biking, masks reduce oxygen intake - which can be very dangerous for those who do not have strong cardio vascular systems. I would assume that the same also applies to runners.

I'm not sure that's right?

I cycle and run in a mask, and yes, it's hot and uncomfortable and there's a clear impact on performance - but out of necessity you run/bike slower, so the stress on the body is the same.

Runners World published a report saying that while it's unpleasant, it's not dangerous.

I find using a rigid style of mask helps, so it keeps clear of your mouth when breathing in.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I'm not sure that's right?

I cycle and run in a mask, and yes, it's hot and uncomfortable and there's a clear impact on performance - but out of necessity you run/bike slower, so the stress on the body is the same.

Runners World published a report saying that while it's unpleasant, it's not dangerous.

I find using a rigid style of mask helps, so it keeps clear of your mouth when breathing in.

I am guilty of over simplification.

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/does-wearing-face-mask-increase-co2-levels

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

People are talking the like the USA didn't already test the idea of mass masking the population as public health measure. Despite mask mandates in nearly all states for many months, 30 MILLION infections, which is roughly the same recorded for flu every year. It's even possible the masks did literally nothing at all.

Government officials says masks work? Tell that to the 30 million who were infected and many more who went on to die.

OK, with all your brains and figures. Tell me how many would have been infected if no one wore masks as you and many others would like. Thailand has passed the laws for mask wearing and it is your responsibility to obey the law. What would happen to you if you disobeyed the law in your home country?

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1