Foreign rider escapes fine for not wearing mask, gets warning instead

webfact

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

OK, fine, when you're sick. EVERYONE has been in masks for months now and yet infections are on the rise. Clearly the masks don't work very well and there are good reasons for this.

infections are on the rise because people didn't wear masks! Look at the photos of the cafe del mar event in Kamala .You won't see anyone wearing a mask either inside the venue of queueing up to get in . 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So, I would guess around 5 million or so Thais do this a day yet we have not seen any stories on that. But a "farang" makes the newspapers and internet media?

The government may be very questionable but they are equalled by the press/media in this country.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, eyup said:

infections are on the rise because people didn't wear masks! Look at the photos of the cafe del mar event in Kamala .You won't see anyone wearing a mask either inside the venue of queueing up to get in . 

Same where I live as well, I can walk down the street and I would still say I see 10% of people either not wearing or wearing incorrectly. Wearing as a chin board seems to be the most common. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

It's not such a bad idea to wear a mask if you are riding a bike it can protect you from breathing all that dust that get kicked up

About 5/6 times a week I go out for a Phukin Coffee , yes that place.  A well surficed road and no dust unless I meet a truck carrying dust.  I don't wear a mask while riding there but have to put one on before going in. Surely it is unhealthy breathing your own exhaled air through a mask . I take my mask off at every oportunity.

16k ride out for a Phukin Coffee.

IMGP1610.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Tell me how many would have been infected if no one wore masks as you and many others would like.

I could be +/-5% for all we know. Look up the COVID infections vs annual flu in any given year and the numbers are pretty similar.  Those are those facts as we observe them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I could be +/-5% for all we know. Look up the COVID infections vs annual flu in any given year and the numbers are pretty similar.  Those are those facts as we observe them.

But you have not answered how many people would have been infected by Covid-19 if no one wore masks. You are the one who claims that 30 million contracted the virus while people were wearing masks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The warning comes after a foreigner was charged for riding his motorcycle without a helmet and also received a warning from police for not wearing a mask.

I presume that the farang drove his bike into the air conditioned police office.  He would surely be fined outdoors in the heat.

in answer. this craziness will go on until the news media starts to lose money on selling covid 19 then it will be dropped like a hot brick you do not need to be a fortune teller to know that, one sign will be when mask companies are making far more masks than people and masks are piling up by the millions and overflowing in supermarkets

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

so we all need to help each other here.. don't we!

So, should I support all the charities helping poor people in the world? Same same but different cause. What makes corona more deserving of my support than malaria or treating dirty water.

Because you're (presumably) not participating in a malaria pandemic, but you are somehow involved in the corona pandemic?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you are serious about Fighting this virus

Seriously?

Doesn't the science say that the chance of contracting the disease outside is very low, and one might think that while riding a m'bike the chances would be nil, unless a passenger was sitting in front and breathing corona virus into his nose.

We're always being told to follow the science by some posters, so are they going to post about this?

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-55680305

Researchers say infections can happen outdoors, but the chances are massively reduced.

Fresh air disperses and dilutes the virus.

It also helps to evaporate the liquid droplets in which it is carried.

On top of that, ultraviolet light from the Sun should kill any virus that's out in the open.

sure go ahead come with all kind of explanations on why NOT to wear a mask, make a problem for police and all other people.

you are not in your own country. just wear the freaking mask just like all Thai people.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

You have to give them the maximum fine to set an Example. If you are serious about Fighting this virus

i am not sure about the maximum fine but yeah, no exemption just bc he is a farang. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kwak250 said:

It was explained that Phuket Immigration was alarmed by the pictures posted on “Hod Jang Jangwat Phuket” page in Facebook.

You have got to ask yourself if you are in the right job if you get "alarmed* by 1 person without a facemask.

Maybe dont go to some of the markets you'll end up on the floor foaming at the mouth.

"alarmed" its just the way of the media writing about it.

they simply put it on facebook to inform other farang.

stop being so childish.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

so we all need to help each other here.. don't we!

So, should I support all the charities helping poor people in the world? Same same but different cause. What makes corona more deserving of my support than malaria or treating dirty water.

Kindly take your non scientific, small minority beliefs elsewhere

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ebean001 said:

i guess i am uninformed. Why do I need to wear a mask if i am riding my motorbike in the mountains. If I stop, i put on a mask. I really am not after the legal answer. I am after the safety answer. Can i get the virus driving 40 m/h on my bike in the mountains. '

I assume no. 

if you want the safety answer, maybe you should go visit your doctor.

for the rest, you are voluntarely in another country, so do as the Romans, show us you are a man who can take responsibility and not a whimpering child.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Agusts said:

This is just not real, they traced a guy, and found him afterwards from a photo, for not wearing a helmet and mask....!? 

They could just walk on the road and find hundreds, how about on the beach every day, this was a setup with a big agenda, they are making a joke of themselves every time with these actions, trying to scare people/farangs, more of a comedy sketch, who is scared.......! ? ????

If serious and want to do your job, go on the road , stop everyone Thai or farang without a helmet , and fine them on the spot.... (for mask we give you another 100 years to get up to that standard, first try to enforce helmet law...!!! lol)

its very good what they did. people not wearing a mask is one thing but to put it on social media is another.

GLAD TO SEE they take it serious. THATS EXACTLY the reason why the covid crisis has been so small in Thailand compared with western countries.

ITS ONLY BECAUSE westerncountries cant and couldnt control their crisis bc weak leadership and plain crazy citizens that finally OTHER countries like Thailand have to suffer for that BAD ATTITUDE.

Zits the virus variant com9ng from England and Europe thats currently killing Thai ppl.

Instead of cracking bad jokes towards Thai authorities, we should be  positive and suportive, bc WE are reaping the benefits of THEIR GOOD WORK preventing  full scale crisis.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

i dont care about him not wearing a mask on his motorbike. It is not necessary.

if he stops, he can put it on.

But the helmet, this is what gets on my nerves.

Why are the foreigners here so arrogant that they think the helmet rule does not apply to them?

They cannot do this in their own country, so why they do it here?

Absolute idiots!!  And they really get on my wick!!!!!

saw an idiot in Hua Hin yesterday come off his bike at the Soi 88 roundabout, with his thai girl on the back, neither wearing helmets.

She did not look at all impressed.

Another example of an idiot that never rode a bike in his life before coming here.

And........does not wear a helmet.........duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Because they can get away with it mostly,and well it feels so good to have the nice warm breeze blowing through your hair if ye have any,kinda the same reason a dog enjoys sticking his head out the car window,so was the lack of helmets to blame for them coming off the bike or maybe a thais bad driving ?

Edited by phantom51red

7 minutes ago, phantom51red said:

Because they can get away with it mostly,and well it feels so good to have the nice warm breeze blowing through your hair if ye have any,kinda the same reason a dog enjoys sticking his head out the car window,so was the lack of helmets to blame for them coming off the bike or maybe a thais bad driving ?

I think if you read the post properly you will see that it was not a Thai rider but a farang rider and his Thai girlfriend. You are exactly right about getting away with it and that just breeds an arrogance into the way of the farangs in Thailand. They have not got the guts to go back to their home countries and break the laws that they break here in Thailand but they will continually put s**t on the Thai's.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

It's not such a bad idea to wear a mask if you are riding a bike it can protect you from breathing all that dust that get kicked up

In theory yes, but with the masks the vast majority wear you don't breath through the fabric, rather the air takes the least resistance. And least resistance is through the gaps on the sides and by the bridge of your nose. There is next to no filtering. Don't believe me? Hold your hands over your mouth and nose so the masks tightly fits over your face with no gaps anywhere. Then feel how hard it suddenly becomes to breath in and out.  Alternatively try wearing mask and glasses on a chilly day and see how your glasses fog up. 

• Like 2

Phuket and their police looking for foreigners with no helmets. They stopped two of us a few months ago he insisted  us to follow him back to his booth. After yelling that he cannot  take my Thai  licence with him he took picture of it instead... to this date I  never received a ticket.  But he was like a dog in heat thinking 1000 baht cash. But he was wring. 555 the intersection my makro and the plaza.