Foreign rider escapes fine for not wearing mask, gets warning instead

webfact

As usual, no thought went into this order, I personally wouldn’t think it would stand up in a court of law anywhere on this planet, riding a motorcycle without a mask, how about people with Asma etc surely they would be exempt?? 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

its very good what they did. people not wearing a mask is one thing but to put it on social media is another.

GLAD TO SEE they take it serious. THATS EXACTLY the reason why the covid crisis has been so small in Thailand compared with western countries.

ITS ONLY BECAUSE westerncountries cant and couldnt control their crisis bc weak leadership and plain crazy citizens that finally OTHER countries like Thailand have to suffer for that BAD ATTITUDE.

Zits the virus variant com9ng from England and Europe thats currently killing Thai ppl.

Instead of cracking bad jokes towards Thai authorities, we should be  positive and suportive, bc WE are reaping the benefits of THEIR GOOD WORK preventing  full scale crisis.

Total nonsense, this action is just for show, the same as fining the prime minister, wholely to scare and show people we are doing something.....!

But in fact they are not doing their job, I'm all for enforcing the law, helmet and mask, but as I said this was a joke, if they are serious about enforcing the law they get out of their comfy chairs and stop both Thais and farang and fine them, instead of this one time, Facebook fame, comedy sketch with photos.... 

What part of this do you disagree with... !? 

• Like 2

The paradox is that I often see motorcyclists without helmets but with masks. That is, better to risk to breaking my skull and finding my brain on the asphalt than the risk to catching the virus, and according my opinion the point of no return has been reached . All this thanks to the noisy and terrorist action spread by the media, a real brainwashing has been done, but with me they have not succeeded and never will.

Edited by fleccer
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, khunjeff said:

What does mask-wearing have to do with immigration?

Maybe because immigration deal with foreign nationals every day 

and are merely passing on new regulations to visitors to their office.

I see this as a positive and courteous gesture.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Phuket Immigration was alarmed by the pictures posted on “Hod Jang Jangwat Phuket” page in Facebook.

You have got to ask yourself if you are in the right job if you get "alarmed* by 1 person without a facemask.

The "alarm" wasn't about his being maskless, it was about it hitting social media.  And "alarmed" was the word chosen by the media, not necessarily, the police.

5 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

seems like two sets of rules, one for us and one for Thais.

Yes, it sure does.  Several Thais have been reported as having been fined for not wearing a mask but this foreigner just gets a warning, the injustice of the double standards, eh?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, moe666 said:

Covering your face has nothing to do with life unless of course because you go maskless you become infected with the virus . When I first started coming to  asia around 1963 I was always intereted why the Japanese wore mask. They had the good sense not to spread their colds.

Wearing a mask is just good common sense to avoid getting the virus and spreading it if you become infected

@moe666  there this thing all humans have called a immune system , have you heard of it??

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ebean001 said:

i guess i am uninformed. Why do I need to wear a mask if i am riding my motorbike in the mountains. If I stop, i put on a mask. I really am not after the legal answer. I am after the safety answer.

You know the safety answer; that the law states that masks are compulsory is what matters, unfortunately.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

so we all need to help each other here.. don't we!

So, should I support all the charities helping poor people in the world? Same same but different cause. What makes corona more deserving of my support than malaria or treating dirty water.

...personally, i don't care what you do...just make sure you do the right thing by humanity.

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The term "open space" has been exploited by some people.

Basically if you go outside your front door put a mask on... lets not forget while some challenge the effectiveness of masks for the protection of Covid they still work for the ever present PM2.5 which is probably more likely to destroy your lungs.

..the PM 2.5 or N95, is proven to be the most effective all round mask, or you can wear a Surgical one-way mask with a cloth covering.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

so we all need to help each other here.. don't we!

So, should I support all the charities helping poor people in the world? Same same but different cause. What makes corona more deserving of my support than malaria or treating dirty water.

Corona has much better PR than malaria. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, tandor said:

...personally, i don't care what you do...just make sure you do the right thing by humanity.

Ah, "humanity" that has engaged in killing each other in ever increasing numbers since humans emerged from the slime, and is now busily polluting the environment to destruction.

Has "humanity" earned the right to deserve the "right thing".

24 minutes ago, tandor said:

BTW, I live in NZ and we don't wear masks there except on public transport. It's actually OK for me to go maskless, just like everyone else where I live.

To those of you who are screaming out and complaining about your exercise and your bike riding without wearing masks is easily fixed. Go and buy a treadmill or an exercise bike and then you can do you own thing on your own property and before you say you want to be in the fresh air then even a condo has a balcony so there is no excuse for you to exercise around public areas without wearing a mask plus the advantage of having your own exercise bike or treadmill at home is that there is no excuse for not exercising when it is raining. Obey the law.

There are many budding scientists on here that falsely claim that the wearing of masks do not work and they have even quoted figures, one person quoted 30 million people have been infected. Well I want all those that think they are that good to list all the figures around the world of how many people would have been infected and how many people would have died if the mandatory mask wearing laws was not introduced. Mandatory mask wearing laws did reduce the amount of people that have been infected and it did reduce the amount of people who have died from this virus. You prove otherwise. 

8 hours ago, cnx101 said:

I agree but why are the parks closed so people can’t go jogging so they have to do on the street, and I see they still jam 10 or 12 people in the songtows in Chiangmai.

Exactly, the whole situation has no rhyme or reason, it's flip flop policy at its best.

If you can't use a park to walk in but sit cheek to jowl in a Songtaew both while wearing masks just sums up the uneducated response from Toos army.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Russell17au said:

OK, with all your brains and figures. Tell me how many would have been infected if no one wore masks as you and many others would like. Thailand has passed the laws for mask wearing and it is your responsibility to obey the law. What would happen to you if you disobeyed the law in your home country?

Within the last week there was an MIT study that stated wearing a mask protects others no more at 6 feet than 60 feet. There was also a Stanford and a CDC study that found the same.

But that's not the pushing the narrative.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mit+study+masks+worthless&t=fpas&ia=web

27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Enacting a law is not "making up stuff".

I seriously doubt there's much actual law behind any of this. In prosecuting anyone they'd borrow from some general, vague pre-covid laws.

I'd be surprised if there has been much of any actual legislation during this covid period. Even fewer actual laws. Just make stuff up then twist a law and find an agreeable judge. Nothing new.

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you are serious about Fighting this virus

Seriously?

Doesn't the science say that the chance of contracting the disease outside is very low, and one might think that while riding a m'bike the chances would be nil, unless a passenger was sitting in front and breathing corona virus into his nose.

We're always being told to follow the science by some posters, so are they going to post about this?

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-55680305

Researchers say infections can happen outdoors, but the chances are massively reduced.

Fresh air disperses and dilutes the virus.

It also helps to evaporate the liquid droplets in which it is carried.

On top of that, ultraviolet light from the Sun should kill any virus that's out in the open.

Yes, I agree with you.  Heck, chances are nil your going to get the corona virus anyway,, but while riding a m'bike, way nil.  Keep up the good work.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

sure go ahead come with all kind of explanations on why NOT to wear a mask, make a problem for police and all other people.

you are not in your own country. just wear the freaking mask just like all Thai people.

I wear a mask, just like Thai people, sometimes properly, sometimes just my mouth, sometimes under my chin, or even, go commando, and not wear one at all

In Robinsons today, everyone i saw was wearing a mask, but many not covering nose. Outside, lots of Thais, not wearing a mask at all

Indoors i wear one, unless in a crowded food hall, then i take mine off, like everyone else, but outside, or in a car, or on the motorbike , no mask