Private hospitals will charge for COVID-19 vaccine shots at a standard price

webfact

2 hours ago, nkg said:

I wonder if the "standard price" will apply to us foreigners? We have so much money, it would be unfair to only pay the same price as Thais ????

You would have to show me where it said foreigners would be forced to use a private hospital.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

How will they gauge demand if they can't open vaccination bookings?

Why would they open vaccination bookings before they know there’s a demand?

Chicken and egg situation here … but at least they not growing vaccine in chicken eggs any more.

According to the article, the registration process for Moderna hasn't even been completed.  The people in charge have chosen the Chinese vaccines and AZ because those are the ones that are most profitable for them.  These are the vaccines you will get if you wait to get vaccinated in Thailand.   They have zero incentive to offer Moderna or Pfizer. 

1 hour ago, Birdie Bookings said:

They said the vaccine will be standard price. That means the vaccine price is set and low. But the consultation associated with it, the administering of the jab, and the consumables used in administering the jab, - don’t expect anything less than Thb 3,000

Exactly.

My last years flu jab was 1,650 baht total.

Year before 2,002 baht.

Edited by Derek B
added text.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So we have to have insurance to cover needing tratment for Covid, and another insurance to cover any side effects of the vaccine!

You do not have to have insurance regarding the vaccine. The insurance will cover any liability on the part of the hospital and they, as a profit making concern, are not going to absorb the cost, just pass it on.

Didn't people on here want a choice? As they say "Up to you".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

By polling customers. Gazillions of reports of this over the past 6 - 8 months.

They can also use modelling to forecast demand.

So you really believe the private hospitals have an accurate fix on the potential uptake, for each vaccine, amongst every recipient group? 

Here in Surin - and I wouldn't wonder in other 'border' areas - the main private hospital in Surin City (mostly pretty good in my experience) would have at least 40% or 50% of its customers from Cambodia. Rich Cambodians (no, that's not a contradiction in terms) who travel in large modern cars and SUVs, mostly from SR & PP (judging by the number plates). So it won't be just rich Westerners getting gouged, though Cambodia is way ahead of Thailand on vaccinating its population so perhaps there won't be many coming across the border for this ...

If gouging there is. Personally I suspect that the price will be quite reasonable. We should be thankful for small mercies.

And Thais who can't or don't want to pay can get theirs for free at the public hospital lineups. Be prepared for a long wait.

Edited by mfd101

6 minutes ago, Clarkey611 said:

There is a large underground vaccine market in Bangkok at the moment. I presume that it is already here!

That's the best one .like forest gump you never know what your going get. 

7 minutes ago, Clarkey611 said:

There is a large underground vaccine market in Bangkok at the moment. I presume that it is already here!

I wonder whose pocket you would end up in if you followed the money?You might find a peanut in the pocket as well.

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

For 100 baht insurance, I'm pretty sure those 'side-effects' will be deemed NOT side effects by some hospitals but other things

Just can't help but being negative can you? 

Do the maths. Lets say 3 million private doses. That's 300 Million baht. How many are getting side effects? Not rocket science that it works. 

Any and I mean any excuse to moan or pore scorn

• Like 1

So many complaining people on this site, they announce you can buy the vaccine,  which is what you have been asking for, now you complain about 100 baht insurance, then you complain about price for expats or immagrants and local thai people,  the offer is there for people to purchase, take it or leave it ????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

How will they gauge demand if they can't open vaccination bookings?

They could, by charging a queue fee?The fee may vary depending upon where you want to be placed in the queue kind of like a bidding war.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m fully expecting the next announcement completely contradicting this one within 24 hours.... ????

Exactly, its almost a waste of time to read.....  The cost of Band Aids are charged for at private or publicly traded hospital. 

Again, no news just superfluous communication. 

" Standard Cost " for farangs = 500%  ?    Validity until 1 month before you die ?

$$  should be 1 yr. , no age limit but priced accordingly , proper test - not PCR ,

no " hidden clauses " ..... 

A lot of the posters on this thread need to take a serious look at themselves and their attitude.

This is fundamentally a good story and yet within minutes there is a barrage of utterly negatove posts assuming price gouging, fixing, hate for foreginers and other totally unwarranted, unnecessary and inflamatory anti-Thai sentiment based on nothing but bile. 

If you really feel that way, then <deleted> are you doing in Thailand, or even reading/writing on a Thailand forum at all?  Leave.  Don't look back.  Find thse greener pastures and be happy. 

PH

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

A lot of the posters on this thread need to take a serious look at themselves and their attitude.

This is fundamentally a good story and yet within minutes there is a barrage of utterly negatove posts assuming price gouging, fixing, hate for foreginers and other totally unwarranted, unnecessary and inflamatory anti-Thai sentiment based on nothing but bile. 

If you really feel that way, then <deleted> are you doing in Thailand, or even reading/writing on a Thailand forum at all?  Leave.  Don't look back.  Find thse greener pastures and be happy. 

PH

Why should this thread or topic be any different from any other..

Edited by Brierley

I have some questions

Many people have already registered for a vaccine jab and I think at particular hospitals. Do you know if they will have a selection to choose from when you get there?

What will you do if they don't have what you want?

Will you have to register with another hospital?

What should you take with you as preparation for a (particular) vaccine; information such as current medication, underlying conditions. Do or Do not have breakfast, drink coffee plus other predisposing factors affecting possible side effects, immediately or subsequently?

Who and what are you going to commit your faith to? The Thai government, The Health Authority, a particular vaccine, your local hospital?

Edited by ChrisKC
missed word

5 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

PH

Anti the government statements is not being 'Anti Thai'  or 'inflamatory 'and considering the dithering, contradictory and half baked announcements they come out with, often countered soon after, scepticism and criticism is well justified. Or do you really think people should just believe, be grateful and keep quiet?

• Like 2