Private hospitals will charge for COVID-19 vaccine shots at a standard price

webfact

4 hours ago, jayboy said:

Even if private hospitals are essentially regulated by government in terms of what they charge for the vaccine, they may well seek to monetize the opportunity in other ways, for example by requiring advance medical check ups for new patients.

I am sure I read something like that somewhere, but I can't find it now.

The article talked about a health check-up and being admitted for 24 hours to monitor side effects.

5 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

They last announced the cost will be 3.000thb for the 2 doses so now it will announced again at another price i expect. the way Thailand is operating i won't hold my breath until about April 2022 . Or tomorrow another statement reversing  this one  

It's confusing also because the Pfizer CEO in the last few days was saying that they would be selling at differential pricing for middle and low-income countries. So for the poorest countries it could be "free".

1 minute ago, placnx said:

It's confusing also because the Pfizer CEO in the last few days was saying that they would be selling at differential pricing for middle and low-income countries. So for the poorest countries it could be "free".

That's going to send Thomas J ballistic....free to poor countries....no way.

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

For 100 baht insurance, I'm pretty sure those 'side-effects' will be deemed NOT side effects by some hospitals but other things

Makes you laugh they don’t even know how much the vaccine  will cost ,well after all this time preparing the incompetence is never changing in most matters,then any official department has always had a problem getting the right number counted correctly 

3 minutes ago, placnx said:

wishful  (dreaming)  thinking .... labs/medical and beauty goods usually have a 400% mark up, FREE it's a word  not on their vocabulary

9 hours ago, webfact said:

As for the manufacturers, the US-based Moderna is in the process of applying for registration with Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA), after submitting its application on April 19th

Nearly a month after submitting its application. Whoever is in charge of the Thai FDA should be put into jail for willfull man slaughter for delaying the approval of a vaccine that saves lives.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

For 100 baht insurance, I'm pretty sure those 'side-effects' will be deemed NOT side effects by some hospitals but other things

100 baht insurance??.......That should just about cover you from the time of injection till you get in the car....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

PHA president Dr. Chalerm Harnpanich said the reason the price will be set the same nationwide is to get as many people as possible vaccinated, not to make a profit.

Yea right ,how come that I don't believe that? they say that it's going to be a Set Price .

Why Didn't they state the price now , do they have to work out the Max price that they can Gouge .

1 hour ago, Percy P said:

I feel quite safe wth out it .l live in the rural ,very isolated place.lm a foreigner here on a multi entrance visa  so l have to depart T/Land. .Entry into another country will require me to show that l have been vaccinated so l have no alternative but to be vaccinated.

You may get it from the postman, shopping,etc.,

Best to be safe and not become a spreader of the virus yourself.

59 minutes ago, petedk said:

I am sure I read something like that somewhere, but I can't find it now.

The article talked about a health check-up and being admitted for 24 hours to monitor side effects.

I got Pfizer...first jab you sit with an 15 minute egg timer to see that there’s no allergic reaction.  Second jab. Just go home. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Both jabs of Pfizer cost a total of $60 in the USA according to my insurance readout.  Thought was cheap

Jabs are free in USA... or rather, paid for by taxpayers, so sounds about $60 high

1 minute ago, Andy from Kent said:

For the most part, there doesn't seem to be a lot of price  competition in Thailand.

CP seem to decide the price of everything it seems apart from in the 'proper' Thai food markets

30 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Both jabs of Pfizer cost a total of $60 in the USA according to my insurance readout.  Thought was cheap

Moderna and Pfizer are free to all travelers after June 1, 2021 upon landing at any airport in Alaska USA. NO quarantine in Alaska, testing free too. See here:

https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/

Edited by Banana7

2 hours ago, Andreas2 said:

As some of the foreigners living here might also have an insurance back in their country of origin, this might be of interest and also give you you an idea, how insurances regard the new technology vaccines at the moment.

Prof Dolores Cahill with Rolf Kane and Alisa Keane denial of Insurance for Covid-19 vaccinated

Please do your research. It goes much further than just health or life Insurance.

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

He stresses it relates to unapproved vaccines.

... which refers exactly to the covid-19 vaccines, as they are still experimental.

Please be aware that "emergency use authorization" doesn't equal "approval"; Insurers are aware of the difference.

COVID-19 vaccines designed to elicit neutralising antibodies may sensitise vaccine recipients to more severe disease than if they were not vaccinated. Vaccines for SARS, MERS and RSV have never been approved, and the data generated in the development and testing of these vaccines suggest a serious mechanistic concern: that vaccines designed empirically using the traditional approach (consisting of the unmodified or minimally modified coronavirus viral spike to elicit neutralising antibodies), be they composed of protein, viral vector, DNA or RNA and irrespective of delivery method, may worsen COVID-19 disease via antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE). This risk is sufficiently obscured in clinical trial protocols and consent forms for ongoing COVID-19 vaccine trials that adequate patient comprehension of this risk is unlikely to occur, obviating truly informed consent by subjects in these trials.
[Emphasis mine]

Source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33113270/

The cited text above is not my opinion, it’s just to provide people with information they are possibly not aware of. My understanding of the purpose of forums is that they are here to give people the possibility to exchange opinions and information - The text above is information from an official government webpage - Again, it’s not my opinion.

Remark: My dad (92) got both Moderna jabs and was not made aware of the possible side effects.

1 hour ago, Hoppyone said:

Hang On give Them time to work out price ,time for the special calculator with special numbers on it

Or, perhaps, for MODERNA to agree to sell to them, and have any available after all the Western Countries have enough for ten vaccinations for every person there.

PH

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Yea right ,how come that I don't believe that? they say that it's going to be a Set Price .

Why Didn't they state the price now , do they have to work out the Max price that they can Gouge .

How much will Pfizer/Moderna/ J&J/AZ be charging them?  Do tell.

PH

8 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Using the term “standard price” makes it sound like everyone gets the same ordinary low price.

in fact, I imagine that one of the primary concerns of the association members,  was to avoid a price war where members under cut each other in order to gain market volume.

charging a “ standard price” prevents any hospital under cutting others, thereby protecting profits for all. So a cartel.

personally I don’t care, I shut my eyes to these kinds of practices in Thailand long ago.if I want something I just pay the set price, if I don’t want it, then I don’t.  I will pay for a vaccine of my choice whether it’s 1k, 3k, or 5k. I need it to eventually travel again, so no choice.

These kind of practises are common in the private healthcare business.

Yes, also in Europe and the US.