Private hospitals will charge for COVID-19 vaccine shots at a standard price

webfact

3 hours ago, petedk said:

Absolutely NOT true.

I was once quoted a price. I complained that I lived in Thailand and the price was reduced by 50%!

Yes, a certain hospital group has a four tier pricing policy (I know an accountant that worked for them)

1. Thai Price

2. Long Term Farang Price

3. Tourist Price

4. Insurance Price

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

wishful  (dreaming)  thinking .... labs/medical and beauty goods usually have a 400% mark up, FREE it's a word  not on their vocabulary

Thailand is not poor, so of course Pfizer would not be free.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chaichara said:

In  my  21 years experience here, private hospitals operate the same fees for foreigners and Thais. One must  not  forget  that  private hospitals are not  the exclusive domain  of 'farangs'. Most customers in  private hospitals have private insurance. Plenty of Thais have private insurance.

But ins. don’t pay for out patient only over nighters

5 hours ago, Percy P said:

I feel quite safe wth out it .l live in the rural ,very isolated place.

I am in the same boat, however I have has both the Flu/Influenza and Pneumonia vaccinations which provide me with some protection, maybe not Covid to a full extent, but there have been studies suggesting those who have been vaccinated with the Flu and or Pneumonia vaccines spent less time in hospital and recovered quicker than those who didn't have any vaccinations.

The above said, I prefer to wait for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines as opposed to the ones on offer, the two starting with S and the AZ, but if one waits, one might get one by the end of the year, who knows, Thailand might even reach herd immunity by then,

Influenza and Pneumonia killed 44,549 people in Thailand in 2018, bet most didn't know that ?

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

5 hours ago, Percy P said:

Entry into another country will require me to show that l have been vaccinated so l have no alternative but to be vaccinated.

As for international travel, I see no reason for them to require us to be vaccinated in the future when Covid will just become another strain of the Flu.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Chaichara said:

In  my  21 years experience here, private hospitals operate the same fees for foreigners and Thais. One must  not  forget  that  private hospitals are not  the exclusive domain  of 'farangs'. Most customers in  private hospitals have private insurance. Plenty of Thais have private insurance.

Well, at least up until September last year when the government gave hospitals the go ahead to instigate increased prices for foreigners. (Not that many hadn't had that practice in operation long before the government okayed it!).

14 hours ago, Mattd said:

Yes, a certain hospital group has a four tier pricing policy (I know an accountant that worked for them)

1. Thai Price

2. Long Term Farang Price

3. Tourist Price

4. Insurance Price

Translated:

1. Very expensive

2. Even more expensive

3. Ridiculously expensive

4. Through the roof

On 5/10/2021 at 5:51 AM, nkg said:

I wonder if the "standard price" will apply to us foreigners? We have so much money, it would be unfair to only pay the same price as Thais ????

so what is THE standard price going to be.....i not see any prices mentioned !!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am in the same boat, however I have has both the Flu/Influenza and Pneumonia vaccinations which provide me with some protection, maybe not Covid to a full extent, but there have been studies suggesting those who have been vaccinated with the Flu and or Pneumonia vaccines spent less time in hospital and recovered quicker than those who didn't have any vaccinations.

The above said, I prefer to wait for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines as opposed to the ones on offer, the two starting with S and the AZ, but if one waits, one might get one by the end of the year, who knows, Thailand might even reach herd immunity by then,

Influenza and Pneumonia killed 44,549 people in Thailand in 2018, bet most didn't know that ?

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

As for international travel, I see no reason for them to require us to be vaccinated in the future when Covid will just become another strain of the Flu.

Covid never was a strain of flu.

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Covid never was a strain of flu.

Never suggested it was.

Flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and sometimes the lungs. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The best way to prevent flu is by getting a flu vaccine each year.

Pneumonia is a common lung infection caused by bacteria, a virus or fungi. It is often spread via coughing, sneezing, touching or even breathing, and those who don't exhibit symptoms can also spread the illness.

Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) COVID-19 is a lung disease caused by a novel coronavirus first detected in late 2019. COVID-19 and its symptoms can range from mild to severe. Anyone can get COVID-19, but some individuals are more at risk for severe disease than others.

All of the above can lead to death, therefore I am covered for two, how about you ?

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 5:51 AM, nkg said:

I wonder if the "standard price" will apply to us foreigners? We have so much money, it would be unfair to only pay the same price as Thais ????

Yes I agree..its only fair that us rich aliens pay more for everything...I really don't like paying the same price as some Thais... We have more money that we know what to do with...IMHO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Thomas J said:

It is just an extension of the indoctrination that has been going on for decades.  You know in the USA, in regards to taxes it is called "paying your fair share"  Marx on the other hand said from each according to his needs.  The very premise of communism.  If you have more, you should give more.  You see it is deemed greedy to earn money and accumulate more than others, but not greedy to want to take from others so you don't have to pay. 

Given that progressive taxation has been part of the income tax system in the USA almost from its start, I guess that means that the USA has been a communist nation for the last 100 years or so. Or actually even longer:

"In the United States, the first progressive income tax was established by the Revenue Act of 1862. The act was signed into law by President Abraham Lincoln, and replaced the Revenue Act of 1861, which had imposed a flat income tax of 3% on incomes above $800. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_tax#:~:text=In the United States%2C the,3% on incomes above %24800.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 11:48 PM, webfact said:

The private hospitals should not open vaccination bookings until they secure their supply, to avoid confusion.

Confusion of course being a government prerogative. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1