AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccines made by Siam Bioscience pass quality testing in Europe and U.S.

webfact

25 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Ok now a few months waiting for approval by the FDA.... In the meantime the EU stops in June with ordering Astra Zenica because of the many side effects, and problems with the delivering/contract

True ... bad news from Astra ; I am  waiting  for the approval of Pfizer ; Astra doesn't seem so good, Pfizer better for the Indian variant 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Ok now a few months waiting for approval by the FDA.... In the meantime the EU stops in June with ordering Astra Zenica because of the many side effects, and problems with the delivering/contract

Even the UK, after months of denial... does not recommend anymore AstraZeneca for people under 40 years old...

Source : https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-advises-under-40s-take-alternative-astrazeneca-covid-19-shot-2021-05-07/

So most of Europe + UK (eventhough the age limit changes)... I'm wondering what will be the position of the thai government when the local factory will produce millions of doses... ????

Only for old people ?

But in that case, what the young people will be able to get ? The chinese vaccine ?

Edited by cclub75
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

And we will remain true to our values by continuing to work with governments and other organizations towards broad and equitable access to the vaccine in a timely manner, and at no profit during the pandemic.” said Mr. Teague.

Should the AZ vaccine find itself in the hands of private Thai hospitals, who in turn charge people will he be available to question how that occurred, as the premise was free vaccination for all.

2 hours ago, nkg said:

A Thai scientist monitoring vaccine production:

The "pool" at Watthana Pannich.

This is great news.

Hopefully the ~ 6 million doses due in June roll off the line.

Still would like to see more transparency on this but understand the limitations.

I can't help noticing that the whining & grizzling that goes on here is much the same as the whining & grizzling you can hear in every 'Western' country.

Funny that.

1 hour ago, cclub75 said:

Even the UK, after months of denial... does not recommend anymore AstraZeneca for people under 40 years old...

Source : https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-advises-under-40s-take-alternative-astrazeneca-covid-19-shot-2021-05-07/

So most of Europe + UK (eventhough the age limit changes)... I'm wondering what will be the position of the thai government when the local factory will produce millions of doses... ????

Only for old people ?

But in that case, what the young people will be able to get ? The chinese vaccine ?

The answer to your questions from the article (emphasis added):

Officials emphasised the benign domestic conditions that provided the context for the decision, on the same day that Germany went the other direction and made the shot available to all adults who might want it. read more

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI)said the advice reflected low levels of COVID-19 infection in Britain and the availability of other vaccines made by Pfizer (PFE.N) and Moderna (MRNA.O).

Officials said Britain would still offer a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine to all adults by the end of July, and emphasised it was better for people in the age group to receive AstraZeneca's shot if no other one was available.

• Like 1

That's good news that the vaccine has assed quality tests in USA and Europe.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

In addition, AstraZeneca works closely with local health authorities such as the Thai FDA, and the Department of Medical Sciences (DMS) to ensure local standards are met.

...but I doubt for 1 second any tests the Thai's can do will surpass the testing done in US and Europe.

So, rubber stamp it already and let's start shipping it to the Thai people.

I highly doubt, given the choice, any foreigner will take AZ over Pfizer in a private hospital.

If it open's up Thailand, then what' a few blood clots an facial paralysis?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

You are being quite loose with the facts there.

EU is stopping ordering because of delivery (read political) issues NOT many side effects. AFAIK only the mighty Denmark has stopped AZ because of side effects reasons.

If you want to check AZ results and side effects on 50 million doses delivered in real life, there is a little island at the front of the pack in significantly reducing COVID and getting back to normality - the UK. 

https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/hogere-kans-op-bijwerkingen-astrazeneca-zorginstelling-plant-uit-voorzorg-vrije-dagen-in~ad15688e/ 

I am sorry to tell you that in the Dutch news there is item about the side effects of the Astra Zenica. Unfortunately it is in Dutch and not in English but I giving you the link. Maybe with Google translate you can read it. It says the Astra Zenica has more side effects than other vaccines

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kamahele said:

Am I missing when the vaccine production will begin for use in country?

Production is already underway.

The big unknown is how much will be ready how soon

• Like 2