AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccines made by Siam Bioscience pass quality testing in Europe and U.S.

webfact

49 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I wonder how many will register for the 16 million doses supposed to be delivered to Thailand in June and July for the over 60s and 7 high risk conditions.  A few days ago only 1.3 million had registered on Mor Prom.  It will be embarassing, if they have a shortfall in demand after refusing to vaccinate foreigners at the same time. 

I have heard a number of Thais say they don't want the vaccines as they don't trust them or their government.

It shouldn't be really a problem

i can already see the governement coming with

a new handout plan to give 500 baths at each jab

(It's 1000 bahts for being fully vaccinated)

and most of the Thais will be in the queue for the cash

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

I wonder how many will register for the 16 million doses supposed to be delivered to Thailand in June and July for the over 60s and 7 high risk conditions.  A few days ago only 1.3 million had registered on Mor Prom.  It will be embarassing, if they have a shortfall in demand after refusing to vaccinate foreigners at the same time. 

I have heard a number of Thais say they don't want the vaccines as they don't trust them or their government.

Many of my wife's family that are over sixty,up here in sakon nakhon won't take it!

I have a appointment to get the vacc June 28th at the village clinic! I requested AZ ! Fingers crossed that the dr has it! If they try the bait and switch ,I will decline to take the alternative, sinovac !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Many of my wife's family that are over sixty,up here in sakon nakhon won't take it!

I have a appointment to get the vacc June 28th at the village clinic! I requested AZ ! Fingers crossed that the dr has it! If they try the bait and switch ,I will decline to take the alternative, sinovac !

Congratulations on your willingness to be a martyr in the fight against godless communism.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

It shouldn't be really a problem

i can already see the governement coming with

a new handout plan to give 500 baths at each jab

(It's 1000 bahts for being fully vaccinated)

and most of the Thais will be in the queue for the cash

Recently there was news ,that 9 medical staff, had a bad reaction to the vacc.(sinovac) News stories like this are taken seriously by some Thai's !

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

Recently there was news ,that 9 medical staff, had a bad reaction to the vacc.(sinovac) News stories like this are taken seriously by some Thai's !

I agree with you

however a cash handout is taken much more seriously

Mark my words, they will forgot the 9 medical staff story very soon

on the other hand the opportunity to have a 500 or 1000 bths

in their pocket right now will be the stronger when the time to decide will come

• Like 1

20 hours ago, riclag said:

My wife told me that a monk had died. Even worse.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:27 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Say that one more time for the generals and above .. And at no profit during the pandemic.” said Mr. Teague.????

No profit during the pandemic seems hard to believe. Pfizer say they have made 3.5 billion from the vaccine.

11 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

No profit during the pandemic seems hard to believe. Pfizer say they have made 3.5 billion from the vaccine.

I believe Oxford's condition to Astra Zeneca was no profit for the first year.  They expected to make profit after the first year, if more vaccines and/or boosters required and expected a large benefit from free advertising.  Unfortunately the reputational benefits for Astra Zeneca, which had limited experience in production of vaccines, has been mixed so far.  The same conditions should apply to licensees such as Siam Biosciences.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2021 at 10:50 AM, realfunster said:

If you want to check AZ results and side effects on 50 million doses delivered in real life, there is a little island at the front of the pack in significantly reducing COVID and getting back to normality - the UK. 

Oh you mean.... This UK ?

Yeah. Your demonstration is very powerfull and meaningful. ????

Next time you could lecture us about correlation and causality....

PROOF.png.8f8745129c57b7ca57b33228409babea.png

I could have written :

-"Lockdown saved us" (in 2020)

-"The vaccine saved us" (in 2021)

Which is right ? ????

The point is : we will know that the vaccine is indeed working... When next autumn/winter, the pandemic will fire again in north hemisphere... But the UK will stay infection free.

Good luck.

Edited by cclub75

11 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

The point is : we will know that the vaccine is indeed working... When next autumn/winter, the pandemic will fire again in north hemisphere... But the UK will stay infection free.

Good luck.

The UK is already planning its boosters from Autumn so yes could well remain relativity virus free. 

Take care 

1 hour ago, cclub75 said:

Oh you mean.... This UK ?

Yeah. Your demonstration is very powerfull and meaningful. ????

Next time you could lecture us about correlation and causality....

PROOF.png.8f8745129c57b7ca57b33228409babea.png

I could have written :

-"Lockdown saved us" (in 2020)

-"The vaccine saved us" (in 2021)

Which is right ? ????

Good luck.

Well, based on your way of thinking, I guess India, most of South America, Southeast Asia are doing fine. I think I'm going to take a vacation in Brazil and get away from the pandemic.

• Haha 1