People failing to disclose information blamed for COVID-19 spike

webfact

5 hours ago, robblok said:

No letting songkran go on started all of this and that was the PM's doing. Put the blame where it lies. That is with the PM. 

Also if they had gotten vaccines before things would have been a lot less bad. Again the PM is responsible.

Sure people should disclose their risk but we would not be here without the mistakes made by the PM. 

Its time he takes the blame but nobody (besides some columnists in the BKK post) dare to put the blame there. 

I agree, but it is him and probably the council. He is just the horses patoot mouth piece, and one who criticizes him or his junta gets a serious tongue lash or full back lash. In the end they and he is never ever wrong.

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

People who have concealed information to medical staff are being blamed for the spike of COVID-19 cases.

Slight adjustment: Fear of being hauled off to detention center field hospitals blamed for people concealing information to medical staff causing the spike of Covid 19 cases.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Didn't high ranking officials "failing to disclose information" start this third wave mess in the first place? The usual suspects, the top brass, pointing the finger downstairs as always, it's only a matter of time now before the masses get sick of it -and turn as one.

Also, maybe the scientific fact that the variants are far more virulent has also got something to do with it? 

This is true, the Thai Government had a big all hands meeting/celebration in several key places prior to Songkran and few if any at these meetings were masked and some were already infected and passing the virus before attending these meetings, Which then the wave of government workers who were now infected flew back to the home province and infected the locals. Songkran kicked in with all the Maskless celebrating at local pubs and disco's. Bam! full on Spike of Covid throughout all of Thailand. As long as were playing the Blame game, who's fault is this? Point your fingers at the Thai Government for total lack of due diligence. Thai Gov AKA PM Prayute has been behind he scenes wasting time trying to line his own pockets negotiating lucrative contracts with Western pharma and not even a worry that the medical personnel in Thai hospitals are the ones who need the Vaccine first, now more finger pointing....

Edited by Megascott
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

So why are people so reluctant to disclose information regarding

if they have been at risk of catching the virus? Afraid of being locked up in a hospital for an uncertain period of time? Perhaps they should consider letting asymptomatic cases or patients with mild symptom isolate at home, and leave room for those who are more seriously ill. 

You think that a lot of people would adhere to self isolation at home ? A lot would of course however a fair would not particularly if not offered compensation for loss of earnings etc . It's a dilemma for sure but then again so is the lack of testing which means how many are asymptomatic yet roaming freely ? 

5 hours ago, finnsk said:

"The healthworkers and other care people in the frontline, must be the first to be vaccinated.

Now we have Covid more than 1 year, and the health and care people is still not vaccinated ?"

I'm totally with finnsk on this point, something like 22 million doses were bought in the first tranche by the government , EASILY enough to ensure ALL medical workers got vaccinated. As they said, more than one year on and there are still unvaccinated medical personnel at the front lines, risking their own health and life, and 512 of these 'angels' have contracted the virus DESPITE gloves, masks, gowns and other PPEs... 

As deplorable as this situation is, it also led me to thinking that some of these who are becoming infected at the frontline may be asymptomatic, and therefore unwittingly becoming "spreaders" themselves!! Thereby possibly perpetuating and exacerbating the current crisis and spike in numbers.

For the sake of everyone in this country, if there are still unvaccinated medical staff yet to contract the virus, vaccinate them ASAP!

The vaccination effort so far as been like witnessing a herd of tortoises 'stampeding' through a pool of molasses. Inexcusable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

The people who are failing to disclose their Timelines Etc are certainly one of the major problems.

With some 512 health Care Workers being Infected since April 1st, would suggest to me that there are insufficient Procedures / Training, or PPE in place to protect these hard working people.

All people going to any Hospital should be greeted by fully protected personnel, and not allowed to go to A & E, or whatever before diagnosis of Covid is found / not found

it should be found outside the Front Door, with rapid testing.

Anybody with life threatening problems should of course go straight through without this test.

However, they should only be in contact with Staff in full PPE.

And keep the Hordes of Family and friends out of the treatment rooms, who probably have not been tested either.

Yes, frontline workers and hospital staff should be fully equipped with PPE , not only to protect themselves but to protect future negative patients. It’s been proven that many infections are caught in hospitals. Look at the care homes and why so many elderly died , it was the staff who brought covid in. I can imagine from’what I’ve seen in government hospitals in Thailand that hygiene measures are not perfect. I once saw cockroaches happily running around a waiting room, sick people with entire families coming in, an urgency room late one night with very sick people receiving treatment/ waiting with their family in with them.  Say what you will about private hospitals, they look an awful lot cleaner to me, and the last time I went to a dental appointment I was checked for temperature, questions , and sat alone , and that was before Covid.

As for staying at home when you have slight symptoms, many thais’ live on the poverty line and cannot miss work.

And who’s fault is that ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, geisha said:

Yes, frontline workers and hospital staff should be fully equipped with PPE , not only to protect themselves but to protect future negative patients. It’s been proven that many infections are caught in hospitals. Look at the care homes and why so many elderly died , it was the staff who brought covid in. I can imagine from’what I’ve seen in government hospitals in Thailand that hygiene measures are not perfect. I once saw cockroaches happily running around a waiting room, sick people with entire families coming in, an urgency room late one night with very sick people receiving treatment/ waiting with their family in with them.  Say what you will about private hospitals, they look an awful lot cleaner to me, and the last time I went to a dental appointment I was checked for temperature, questions , and sat alone , and that was before Covid.

As for staying at home when you have slight symptoms, many thais’ live on the poverty line and cannot miss work.

And who’s fault is that ? 

I have spent a little time in Thai Gov,t Hospitals, and yes they can leave a lot to be desired in the way of sanitation and Hygiene at times.

You are correct in stating that many Thais are on the Poverty line, but I also have to say it is also about Money Management.

And Thais are really poor with that idea, to many its more important to drive a nice Car, or have a new Apple 11 ? Phone than to School their Kids or put food on the Table.

Who,s fault is that ?. Well sometimes although not all the time, the wounds are self inflicted.

I look at each individual and then I am able to appraise the situation they are in better,

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No one seems to want to disclose the true facts of their lives to this Government as to where they have been or what they do on their own time.  Problem, yes.  They have to be scared they have done something wrong or do not want to imposition friends and others, but failing to disclose just makes it keep on spreading and takes out the needed medical staff who are needed to assist those that are sick.

So what happened to medical staff being vaccinated? Seems to me that they were in the 1A group but not in the provinces! No rapid testing? Why? Phetchabun hospital has been in lockdown for just this reason. Thais are now scared, not of Covid but to tell the truth. Pity.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No one seems to want to disclose the true facts of their lives to this Government as to where they have been or what they do on their own time.  Problem, yes.  They have to be scared they have done something wrong or do not want to imposition friends and others, but failing to disclose just makes it keep on spreading and takes out the needed medical staff who are needed to assist those that are sick.

I understand what you're saying, those who do deliberately cover their tracks are idiots and should be dealt with severely, as they expose doctors or nursing staff to infection.

However, my question is who do they mean exactly when they say "health workers" ?

The other day on TV I watched queues of people waiting for their tests, giving information to someone sat at a desk wearing only a basic mask, some of those in the queue later must go on to prove to be positive. Those health workers at the initial desk are un-protected.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

People who have concealed information to medical staff are being blamed for the spike of COVID-19 cases.

Super shocking since many posters have assured us of Thailand's amazing, world class covid response. 

I guess these lying Thais the government has mentioned multiple times have only just become immoral. Before everyone in the country was honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanooki said:

The virus has probably saturated the country. They find more cases because they're testing more people. Last year, hardly any testing. You can't say there's an increase if there's NO well-established baseline.

well said, and what everybody is missing out on that new wave panic

it was bad before already, but nobody could see it, and in true Thai style, when you don't see it or report it, there is no problem ????

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Super shocking since many posters have assured us of Thailand's amazing, world class covid response. 

a lot of posters replying in those COVID threads were clearly delusional regarding the real issues about COVID, and would report any posts they didn't like so they could be deleted and not exposed their stupid replies ????

• Haha 2

Seems like once again, we are being blamed for the spike in Covid. Honestly, are we the real culprits here? Or is it an extremely inadequate response, from an administration that seems completely overwhelmed by this emergency, and incapable of handling it? They even messed up the most basic of programs, the vaccination drive, which should have been the top priority.

So once again, the people should be asking of the government, not the other way around.

1. How can you demonstrate to us, that you are up for the task of leadership?

2. What are you doing to prove that you can and will protect us?

3. Instead of contact tracing us, how about we trace you, and make sure you are doing your job? How about you report to us daily, and let us know how you are handling and containing this epidemic that happened on your watch? Stop talking, and start working, and doing your jobs.

4. Why did you not prevent this? How did you allow these corrupt officials to let infected people in? Why is nobody in a position of power being arrested? Why aren't heads rolling? How did you not anticipate this wave, after the 900 cases in Samut?

5. Why are you not making the vaccines more of a priority? Why isn't the army sacrificing some of its huge budget for the people? 

6. What are you planning on offering the people in the way of assistance, so they can survive this disaster you helped create?

7. Can you demonstrate to us why you think Anutin, who has no background whatsoever in the filed of health, is up for the task of tackling this emergency?

8. And why are you shutting down so many businesses, yet you allowed ground zero to remain open to people coming and going since this latest outbreak happened, only closing the province down days after the outbreak? Why such bad decisions, and such extreme incompetence? How do you justify that? How do you explain that? Thousands of cases emanated from Samut province. You knew that would happen. 

9. How about a compulsory level of competence and experience, for all future administration appointments to key positions?

10. Why have you been so hard on foreigners, making it so incredibly difficult to fly in, yet so lax on the borders?

11. Why should we allow you to remain in power? What have you done lately to deserve that power? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Well there ya have it.  All the blame has been absolved from the Covid Czar and the Health Minister who allowed Thais to travel from Covid Red-Zones to all points throughout Thailand unimpeded during Songkran causing the Covid Spike in the first place, and they have just reassigned all the blame on bad people who "conceal information" (not that any minister would do that, no no no no).

• Sad 1