People failing to disclose information blamed for COVID-19 spike

webfact

13 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

Let people quarantine at home if they are asymptomatic or mildly ill. No one wants to be in a hospital for 2 plus weeks, especially if they aren't feeling that sick. There is no need for hospital in these cases. If this change is made, then people won't be so afraid to give information. 

How many would stay within their homes for 14 days. If they are not willing to disclose where they have been then they will not be willing to self quarantine

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

This is much higher than in the first two waves of infections, according to Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) spokesperson Dr Taweesilp Visanu­yothin said on Sunday. 

He said the main reason for the spike in cases among health workers was due to patients failing to adequately inform hospitals if they have been at risk of catching the virus

Love this bloke. Always a blame somewhere else. Nothing to do with the utter failure of their vaccine plans

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

So why are people so reluctant to disclose information regarding

if they have been at risk of catching the virus? Afraid of being locked up in a hospital for an uncertain period of time? Perhaps they should consider letting asymptomatic cases or patients with mild symptom isolate at home, and leave room for those who are more seriously ill. 

Especially those 90% with no symptoms... 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, FarangFB said:

A lot of people can't afford being locked up for 2+ weeks, they have family to care for, pets, income that depends on them being at home at least.

The current system actually encourages people to not report anything and try to hide it as much as they can. I'm completely against keeping these asymptomatic people locked up, they should be just ordered to stay home with a heavy fine if caught outside.

Why anyone would lock up people who aren't sick in the first place is totally crazy. Asymptomatic spread is a myth! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

More drivel, 

Blame it on the people, not the government or unsanitary conditions the migrant workers continue to experience at the profits of big business...

Let's distract and mis direct from the big oh <deleted>,,  we should have ordered some serum last year, after the Samut Sakhon outbreak. 

Its too late for the blame game.....

• Like 2

They simply scared of the costs involved and what the powers that be will do to them. Long stays in hospital lost of job they stigma of having covid in the village and for being blamed of spreading it. Thailand needs to make things much easier for them to come forward with the truth 

• Like 1

They simply scared of the costs involved and what the powers that be will do to them. Long stays in hospital lost of job they stigma of having covid in the village and for being blamed of spreading it. Thailand needs to make things much easier for them to come forward with the truth 

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

How many would stay within their homes for 14 days. If they are not willing to disclose where they have been then they will not be willing to self quarantine

It's not a perfect solution, and yes, there will be a very few who won't comply. But there will be many who will. A few not being honest is way better than many. All the Thais & farang I've talked to said if they feel sick, they are staying home and keeping quiet.

Edited by BadSpottedDog
mistake
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

The same amount that stay in their homes if they setup a Covid Quarantine Checking patrol like in the UK.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Trujillo said:

The fact I am pointing out, simply, was that there was a lot more travel than people give merit to before the holiday. It wasn't like everyone was at home and suddenly there was a great unleashing of travel, thus the bump in positive cases. 

Is there a factual error there? If so I am interested to know. I am always ready to modify my thinking with the addition of new and salient facts. 

Just curious what your take is on the fact that Covid cases across the country spiked post Songkron; and, not during all that travel you referred to pre-Songkron.  

9 hours ago, webfact said:

People who have concealed information to medical staff are being blamed for the spike of COVID-19 cases.

555 did they Really expect  for the people to be Honest? They Lie/cheat/Steal /Beg/Borrow/Mislead .

Do you think it would be Any different  For the Covid Info.     Nah.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

So why are people so reluctant to disclose information regarding

if they have been at risk of catching the virus? Afraid of being locked up in a hospital for an uncertain period of time? Perhaps they should consider letting asymptomatic cases or patients with mild symptom isolate at home, and leave room for those who are more seriously ill. 

Think you'd find that the Government doesn't trust their ppl to isolate correctly or at all, then spreading it further

Negligible Covid testing and virtually no meaningful contact tracing coupled with lack of trust from the masses of the incumbent government you can’t really expect a better outcome.We have been blessed that the numbers are as low as they appear. 

8 hours ago, robblok said:

No letting songkran go on started all of this and that was the PM's doing. Put the blame where it lies. That is with the PM. 

Also if they had gotten vaccines before things would have been a lot less bad. Again the PM is responsible.

Sure people should disclose their risk but we would not be here without the mistakes made by the PM. 

Its time he takes the blame but nobody (besides some columnists in the BKK post) dare to put the blame there. 

Can I give him credit for keeping the death numbers so low. Compared to the UK 128000 With the same population as Thailand

Thai government must appear to be doing something.

Best way is to blame and scam foreigners. Make up more rules and controls.

Anyone coming to Thailand already had at least two chinese virus test within 72 hrs( 3 days) so later they are adding additional 14 days ...total 17days.

It is not foreigners that are infecting Thais it is Thais on Thais.

Thais go into quarantine and two days later get bored then convince themselves they are okay not sick and run away from government provided places never to be located again. Police don't even try bcs of no benefits associated with locating them. Now, take a foreigner willing to pay big money for ASQ or ALQ and lets hope he inadvertently crosses a small rule line and more money to scam.

Moronic rules that no one really thinks through and only Caucasian foreigners follow.  Indians get Covid sick back home then fake a Covid test jump on the plane and fly out to Canada/UK/E|urope  just because they have a landed immigrant status and get treated..... ...  

2 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

well said, and what everybody is missing out on that new wave panic

it was bad before already, but nobody could see it, and in true Thai style, when you don't see it or report it, there is no problem ????

It's the flu. They don't "solve" it because they want the problems. They know this simple fact about the testing. They use it to create drama, divide people, deflect from the real problems, reset the middle class back to poor and stupid, get rid of the undesirables they've wanted to get rid of for a long time. Classic.

4 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

The people who are failing to disclose their Timelines Etc are certainly one of the major problems.

With some 512 health Care Workers being Infected since April 1st, would suggest to me that there are insufficient Procedures / Training, or PPE in place to protect these hard working people.

All people going to any Hospital should be greeted by fully protected personnel, and not allowed to go to A & E, or whatever before diagnosis of Covid is found / not found

it should be found outside the Front Door, with rapid testing.

Anybody with life threatening problems should of course go straight through without this test.

However, they should only be in contact with Staff in full PPE.

And keep the Hordes of Family and friends out of the treatment rooms, who probably have not been tested either.

I think I either read somewhere or received a message saying that going to a hospital unless completely necessary should be avoided, (especially related to family visiting sick relatives), but it was only in the last few days. I wouldn't go anywhere near one right now, unless completely necessary.

3 hours ago, chrisbangkok said:

You think that a lot of people would adhere to self isolation at home ? A lot would of course however a fair would not particularly if not offered compensation for loss of earnings etc . It's a dilemma for sure but then again so is the lack of testing which means how many are asymptomatic yet roaming freely ? 

...as below too*

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

*I agree about self isolating and quarantining, but I think it's difficult to comprehend how difficult it is for many many people, particularly the poor. They either live in a dormitory, or certainly share accommodation with many family members, who probably all work at different locations throughout their locale. In the case of my maid for example, I have "paused" her for 2 weeks so far because I have no idea what her living arrangements are, except that she is married and has a daughter. If she is working, someone else would come into the equation, to look after her child. She told me when I explained the reasons for the "pause", that she does not go out very much...but therein lies the problem. Of course she goes out, because she probably has to go to the market to buy food etc. So the safest thing for me is not to allow her inside my apartment until this current bout has been properly assessed, (rising or falling). It does not help that she lives in one of the areas identified as a cluster last weekend, which is when I stopped her. I will pay her in full, whilst I hone my housework skills.

1 hour ago, Bkktodd said:

Because you hospitalize EVERYONE. instead of home quarantine 

As above, except, in many cases people do not have any possibility of observing normal isolation in the poor living conditions they have to endure.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

and likewise, no news on here that the Indian variant has landed in Thailand. There are an awful lot of pots and kettles calling each other names ????

Indian variant of Covid-19 confirmed in Thailand

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2113295/indian-variant-of-covid-19-confirmed-in-thailand

And given that Myanmar shares porous borders with India and Thailand, it seems inevitable that the Indian variant will arrive here in full force most likely sooner rather than later.

11 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I have a theory on why we have had more positive tests recently, but since I must cite sources for my opinions or characterizations, I will leave that to your own speculation. 

A lot more and free testing for thais who think they might have been at risk than before April is my speculation.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Seems like once again, we are being blamed for the spike in Covid. Honestly, are we the real culprits here? Or is it an extremely inadequate response, from an administration that seems completely overwhelmed by this emergency, and incapable of handling it? They even messed up the most basic of programs, the vaccination drive, which should have been the top priority.

So once again, the people should be asking of the government, not the other way around.

1. How can you demonstrate to us, that you are up for the task of leadership?

2. What are you doing to prove that you can and will protect us?

3. Instead of contact tracing us, how about we trace you, and make sure you are doing your job? How about you report to us daily, and let us know how you are handling and containing this epidemic that happened on your watch? Stop talking, and start working, and doing your jobs.

4. Why did you not prevent this? How did you allow these corrupt officials to let infected people in? Why is nobody in a position of power being arrested? Why aren't heads rolling? How did you not anticipate this wave, after the 900 cases in Samut?

5. Why are you not making the vaccines more of a priority? Why isn't the army sacrificing some of its huge budget for the people? 

6. What are you planning on offering the people in the way of assistance, so they can survive this disaster you helped create?

7. Can you demonstrate to us why you think Anutin, who has no background whatsoever in the filed of health, is up for the task of tackling this emergency?

8. And why are you shutting down so many businesses, yet you allowed ground zero to remain open to people coming and going since this latest outbreak happened, only closing the province down days after the outbreak? Why such bad decisions, and such extreme incompetence? How do you justify that? How do you explain that? Thousands of cases emanated from Samut province. You knew that would happen. 

9. How about a compulsory level of competence and experience, for all future administration appointments to key positions?

10. Why have you been so hard on foreigners, making it so incredibly difficult to fly in, yet so lax on the borders?

11. Why should we allow you to remain in power? What have you done lately to deserve that power? 

Questions 1 to 10 will be ignored.

Question 11 will (eventually) be met with force.

1 hour ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Health  workers should know how to protect themselves. Every soldier learns about contamination when he receives biological warfare training. Poor Training, so blame the patients?

But soldiers have respirators, Noddy (NBC) suits, decontamination kits and so on.

The health care workers here have a 7/11 10 Baht mask.