Fine for not wearing a mask confirmed as 1,000 for first offence

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Bangkok Business News 

A meeting of the Department of Disease Control yesterday headed by health minister and DPM Anutin Charnvirakul decided to lower the fine for non-mask wearers in Thailand.

But they stress that all people should continue to wear masks when outside the house.

The fine for the first offence is 1,000 baht but a subsequent offence could see a fine of 10,000 baht levied and even 20,000 if people continue to disobey the rules.

Anutin also announced a ramping up of the vaccine rollout - Sinovac vaccine from China - to 16 million people of working age starting at the end of this month. 

This would be accomplished at 82 mostly hospital locations in Bangkok and 300 up-country.

Also the authorities will be pressing ahead with vaccinating those aged 60 and up after new information from China confirmed suitability for that age range, reported Bangkok Business News

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-10

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

A meeting of the Department of Disease Control yesterday headed by health minister and DPM Anutin Charnvirakul decided to lower the fine for non-mask wearers in Thailand.

I see they are just copying what our illustrious leader did a couple of years back.

He banned people from travelling in the back of pickups. There was a public outcry, so he rescinded the order.

Surely it's the same here.

Btw, I thought our illustrious leader had put himself in charge of 'everything covid'?

What are his sheep doing trying to make decisions - attempting to usurp his power?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's just a number to some .means nothing .as they don't care and claim no money so pay Nothing. They Should  lock 20 afenders in a room all together with 19 marks and see what happens then..

1 minute ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I bet the "no mask" law is enforced much stricter than the "no helmet law". In line with their priorities.

So much easier to enforce than chasing down penniless 16 year old Thais on motorbikes, much easier to target farangs who have the cash on them.......mana from heaven

Does the law say EXACTLY how the mask should be worn, and where??????

I'll just put it on my..............................................................................  lol

Edited by Ventenio

41 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I bet the "no mask" law is enforced much stricter than the "no helmet law". In line with their priorities.

It should be.

No helmet can kill you.  No mask can kill you and other people..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, realfunster said:
2 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

So did uncle Tu have to pay 6,000 baht for being a persistent offender?

I saw him outside Thonglor police station this morning.

My Thai is not great but he was ranting about wanting his 5,000 refund or something....

He probably squirted antiseptic hand spray at the police. He thought they were all acting like women.

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Where I live the Thai's wear their masks everywhere. The mask makes them very safe whether they are on a motorbike or in a car they are safe But it might be nice if they put their helmet and seat belt on just to make them safer.

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It should be.

No helmet can kill you.  No mask can kill you and other people..

Bit of a simplistic view point that. 

No argument about the ‘no helmet’ comment - But can not wearing a mask on a motorcycle really impact others ??? 

IMO common sense has been knee-capped by rules of masking wearing. I don’t seen any value in wearing masks in quiet open areas, on the roads, quiet beachs etc... i.e. anywhere where we are more than 5m from other people. 

That said, I’ll wear a mask because doing so is a regulation, this is not a time to protest every silly little rule regardless of how much I disagree, wearing a mask when not need is not harmful. But, it does highlight the lack of common sense shown by those in the decision making positions. 

When I’m wearing a full-face well fitted helmet I do not wear my face-masks (it could be argued that a full face helmet is a mask in itself), as soon as the helmet comes off, a mask goes on. 

45 minutes ago, Jud Canada said:

Quick question.

If I am driving a motorcycle and I am wearing a mask but my passenger and child are not will I still be fined? ????

Probably, since if you are driving a car and wearing a mask but your passengers aren't you will be fined.

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

So if I am exercising outside at 5am around my moo-baan as I do every morning I will be fined 1,000thb?

Good luck with that. 

22 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

No mask required for exercising, but  you  must  carry  one with you.

So if you're outside without a mask and see the BIB's, just start walking at a higher pace and call it exercise.

Or just wear gym clothes outside......

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

So if I am exercising outside at 5am around my moo-baan as I do every morning I will be fined 1,000thb?

Good luck with that. 

Unless the kind man decides to give you extra squats to do....

8 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Good luck with that. 

I went for a walk out in the hills bordering the rice fields in our Tambon.
I saw five other people on motorcycles.  No one had a mask on. 
Pretty much out in the middle of nowhere with no one around. 
As some point it becomes inane.  Rules for the sake of rules.

Fines in Canada also gone up. 500 dollars for not wearing a mask on in public.

After of having COVID for 1 year, it is time to get serious. and 500 dollars is pretty serious.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error

On 5/10/2021 at 9:18 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Good luck with that. 

You can wear a mask when you exercise you know....

On 5/10/2021 at 10:37 AM, Surelynot said:

So much easier to enforce than chasing down penniless 16 year old Thais on motorbikes, much easier to target farangs who have the cash on them.......mana from heaven

Or the farangs could simply wear mask and comply with the requirements of their host country?