Foreigners' vaccination: Mobile app to be available or direct contact with hospitals from June

webfact

2 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

The photo is real life here in Thailand. It has nothing to do any conspiracy theories. There are alternative vaccines to Sinovac that don't cause these side effects.

Swollen legs for a while is preferable to oxygen and an ICU.

The top and bottom of it, and I am not a fan of Sinovac, is no matter what vaccine you choose you will have certain people that are vulnerable to certain vaccines or elements of it that it is impossible to know in advance.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

The photo is real life here in Thailand. It has nothing to do any conspiracy theories. There are alternative vaccines to Sinovac that don't cause these side effects.

I am unsure what vaccines will be available in Thailand but we know for sure Sinovac and Astra Zenica will be two of them.

All my family members have now been vaccinated at least once, not all with the same vaccine. They told me they had ' no say in it '  when it came to vaccination. They got what they were given.

4 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

There's an estimated 15m Thai's in the high risk zone but so far only 1.5m have registered

I expect foreigners will be able to register after the majority of those high risk Thai's have registered.
Let's see.

Perhaps Thais are wiser than foreigners here who seem desperate for a vaccine, they certainly have more patience, anda greater faith in Karma and what will happen is meant to happen, dedpite the efforts of Doris Day and Frank De Vol. 

4 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

By hook or by crook I'm sure they will keep their promise to vaccinate Thai's first and blame it on IT error or whatever but it will be just deceit to appear as not intentionally breaking their good ethics agreement with Astrazenca.

Yes, they finessed it. That's how things work, here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, finnsk said:

If the private hosptals get Moderna vaccine, and do the jabs at 3000 Baht, Then I think I will not wait for some free Chinese sh..

It seems that Pfizer and Moderna is the best vaccines, with the best technologi and close to no side effects.

But all depends on the time frames.

...what!

10 minutes ago, bluesea said:

Call me an Anti Vaccer, i am not going anywhere so i can wait another year and see what side affects start to emerge with all these vaccines..

You are a wise anti vaccer. 

• Like 1

The covid 'solution' in Thailand will be very hard to control! Government reticence to buy vaccines, to obtain licences to manufacture them, and lack of information to the public has certainly not helped!

Of course, those suspected of being asymptomatic or have possibly been in contact with infected people may not disclose the truth due to serious financial and personal reasons. Added to that is the fake news that's scaring people: a friend of my wife, who lives with her extended family of 8 -- and whose next-door neighbors are positive -- all 8 are refusing to have the vaccination as it is reported that ''someone has died after losing half their bodyweight'' and ''many people are having heart attacks'''! Ignorance and lack of honest information will result in many being too scared to be vaccinated -- and thus the virus will spread!

Many Thais have had a poor education but are exposed to the media and false rumors. The government should recognize this and counter it with a massive public information appeal giving the true facts and discrediting all the false rumors!

But they are not sensible and the people don't trust them. What a great shame!

1 hour ago, HarrySeaman said:

3000 Bt pre-vaccination Covid-19 testing, 3000 Bt for two shots of the vaccine, 1000 Bt hospital facilities charge/visit, 1000 Bt nursing fee/visit, 1000 Bt doctors fee/visit, etc., etc., etc.

Call me a cynic but I have been visiting and living here for over 20 years and have always felt that the government only cared about me as an ATM, never about me as a person.  Twenty years ago Thai hospitals were good and charged foreigners about the same as Thais.  Now they are just as bad as the government, all they are interested in is money, money, money.  They remind me more and more of the hospitals in the US.

You say that but i have been in Chonburi heart hospital twice in the last 7 months ,i was treated very very well ,the charges for two 3 day stays were quite small ,my angiogram was only 15k ,my meds very cheap by outside standards and the doctors very good , i am well pleased with the treatment i have had in that hospital and indeed Queen Sirakit for my cataract . mind you private hospital charges are through the roof ,53k for one night in a private room ,

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluesea said:

Call me an Anti Vaccer, i am not going anywhere so i can wait another year and see what side affects start to emerge with all these vaccines..

All drugs have side affects! The sensible thing is to weigh the benefits against possible 'discomfort'!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarrySeaman said:

3000 Bt pre-vaccination Covid-19 testing, 3000 Bt for two shots of the vaccine, 1000 Bt hospital facilities charge/visit, 1000 Bt nursing fee/visit, 1000 Bt doctors fee/visit, etc., etc., etc.

Wasn't the the guesstimate for private inoculations, not the government-provided shots that this thread is about?

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

All these pictures can be shown as much as you want and so can the stories about blood clots.

It seems everything from somebody cutting their arm, getting a headache, catching the sniffles to breaking out in a rash is now blamed as an adverse effect of the vaccine plus we will have the usual hypochondriacs with their list of adverse side effects in either the hope of a payout or a load of attention.

The facts are these, you are better and safer and more protected as are those around you by having the vaccine than not having it.

I don't give a damn that in the overall scheme of things that ICU patients are a tiny proportion of those that catch Covid19, I don't want to take the risk of being one of them.

I am classed as the highly vulnerable group due to having a prosthesis in the throat area due to cancer.

Any orders or advice I am given regards protection or safety, I am following it. The conspiracy theorists can stick their theories up the place where the sun doesn't shine.

Hear, hear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Its all well and good to point out that the majority of foreigners are migrant workers but the majority of people on ThaiVisa.com  that live in Thailand are Western expats.

So we appropriately want and need to know how whatever announcement du jour might effect us. I suppose hearing that they aren't even thinking about us if true is useful in its own depressing way.

Have you tried calling your embassy? 

I think we should all be grateful to the Thai authorities to consider us.

Personally I will just pay for the Moderna vaccine, but for those who are struggling financially this will be helpful even if they don't appreciate it.

32 minutes ago, bluesea said:

I remember many years ago, long before the internet came along, being told that when I received a vaccination, what I was receiving a 'weakened version' of the illness  that I was being protected against and 'feeling a little bit unwell was all part of the process'. 

Now we call that 'unwell feeling'  a 'side affect' and we're running scared of them. What changed?

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

The photo is real life here in Thailand. It has nothing to do any conspiracy theories.

Depends what you mean by "real life", I suppose but, apart from the Facebook poster's claim, what evidence is there that her condition is a consequence solely of Sinovac?   The answer is "none".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Seems pretty weak for those who are not willing to pay 100 bucks for a quality vaccine and instead, will wait till one is free.

I guess their lives and others are not worth much to them.

Seems sad, cheap and irresponsible. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why would you think that you may have to?

They have stated in the daily video PR briefings, due to issues such as English speaking, foreigners should be vaccinated in separate centres and have announced only 1 so far in Bangkok. I can't see them having a dedicated centre for every province so am thinking some of us may have to travel to get the jab.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

People report being able to just enter a dash in that line and register

But you will need to enter your name as spelled in Thai

Have tried that numerous times and still get rejected, although the error message now just says "incorrect", so pink ID cards are still not being accepted on the app.

However, I was able to register at my local community health clinic with my pink ID card. So for those in rural areas that might be worth trying. Just make sure you have a Thai speaker with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1