Foreigners' vaccination: Mobile app to be available or direct contact with hospitals from June

webfact

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

Have tried that numerous times and still get rejected, although the error message now just says "incorrect", so pink ID cards are still not being accepted on the app.

However, I was able to register at my local community health clinic with my pink ID card. So for those in rural areas that might be worth trying. Just make sure you have a Thai speaker with you.

Registerable also using the hotline with Pink ID card. 

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

My 'mobile app' arrived a few days ago in the form of a walking, talking volunteer health worker, complete with clipboard and pen.

She said I'll be in the 1st wave along with the rest of the village elders.

Good news! I hope it goes well. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

All my family and relatives in the U.K. and there a lot of them have had the AZ the youngest being 30 and non of them have had any issues so I will be getting the AZ if it’s good enough for them it’s good enough for me and I’m 70 years young there is more chance of me being killed by a drunk Thai than of dying from the AZ

Got an e from my ex in UK to say she's had 2×AZ and no problems at all. 3 other friends ( the 'girls' golf group ) have had the same but it didn't improve their game.

7 hours ago, finnsk said:

If the private hosptals get Moderna vaccine, and do the jabs at 3000 Baht,

Think again, the Pneumonia jab is between 4,000 and 5,000 baht in private hospitals, Pneumonia and the Flu killed 44,529 people in Thailand in 2018.

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

I wish you luck getting Moderna or pfizer vaccines for under 5,000 per shot, because the booster for the Pneumonia shot is around 3,000 baht, so I don't wish to burst your bubble, in any event I would pay 5,000 baht a shot for the M or P shots as opposed to getting the others for free, although will have to wait, but have my other shots, so I believe I am good to wait a while.

• Like 2

Foreigners' vaccination: Mobile app to be available or direct contact with hospitals from June 

They are a bit Late with this  Info.

The Hospital Registration has been available for more than 10 days. 

The local hospital  seems to know more first hand  news then the news we get.

9 hours ago, finnsk said:

It seems that Pfizer and Moderna is the best vaccines, with the best technologi and close to no side effects.

Not exactly true, both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines also carry a low risk of blood clotting. Pfizer & Moderna has a 4 in 1 million risk, AstraZenica 5 in 1 million. Not especially significant, the press attention is over the top and unfairly directed only at the AZ vaccine.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/blood-clots-as-prevalent-with-pfizer-and-moderna-vaccine-as-with-astrazenecas-report-2021-04-15

In terms of efficacy then certainly the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have a greater efficacy, 95/94% vs 76%, though the AZ vaccine will still keep you out of hospital should you be unlucky enough to still catch it.

Edited by Stocky

2 hours ago, KKr said:

why?
educate us so one can make an informed decision.

You can get some information over the web. Personally I rather to go with "viral vector" type, a virus that is modified genetically rather than messing my immune system by synthetic RNA that nobody knows what the result will be in long term (since there is no record of long term test). 

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Seems pretty weak for those who are not willing to pay 100 bucks for a quality vaccine and instead, will wait till one is free.

I guess their lives and others are not worth much to them.

Seems sad, cheap and irresponsible. 

It might seem weak to you but there are those here whose financial situation has been severely impacted by this pandemic and any amount of spending beyond living expenses could be an issue. If the cost of vaccines is so negligible to you perhaps you could offer some help rather than being judgemental.

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Have tried that numerous times and still get rejected, although the error message now just says "incorrect", so pink ID cards are still not being accepted on the app.

peopel continue to successfully register with pink cards. It can take many tries.

need to be sure the thai spelling of your name is exactly as shown in the pink card.

How can a top 30 world country drop to top 100 in vaccination speed ?  Major reason is to think to know better than others ? Similar to India. Dead wrong statements made by the prime and health minister. In Florida you can get vaccination at any pharmacy or Costco even as a tourist. 7 days home quarantine or a Phuket resort would do but No its back to 14 days…  

Edited by Cadan

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Tried 3 in Bkk, they all said no

That's strange i am in Samui i have registered with morprom (pink id card) for June 10th government hospital they said AZ vaccine .for a back up i also registered in person at a private hospital they all very helpful. at his present time they have no vaccines hoping will come .....June. on the 26th This month they start again with sinavac  for younger Thais not sure of the age group . for me i am 72 British ex pat 

Just now, PEE TEE said:

That's strange i am in Samui i have registered with morprom (pink id card) for June 10th government hospital they said AZ vaccine .for a back up i also registered in person at a private hospital they all very helpful. at his present time they have no vaccines hoping will come .....June. on the 26th This month they start again with sinavac  for younger Thais not sure of the age group . for me i am 72 British ex pat 

My wife 50 has had her 2 jabs back in April 

1 minute ago, PEE TEE said:

Many foreigners have registered on that app though government seems =to assume, from its announcements, that none are able to.

The problem is lack of clear direction from government as to whether those foreigners who meet the Phase 2 criteria and have already registered  r, due to having an ID number, can be vaccinated. Some hospitals think yes, some  think no, and some think yes but not until July or other later date.

In some cases local health managers have stepped in and made a decision (may be the case in Samui), in most they seem afraid to do so and are awaiting clarity from central level which may or may not ever arrive.

19 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

A friend (aged 75) today had  his first Sinovac jab in Buriram province.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, pookiki said:

It seems a bit strange to me that 'NGO' personnel jump the queue ahead of 'other' foreigners in the general population that would be at higher risk.  What makes NGO personnel so special?

I don't object but it is curious as NGOs are so disrespected by Thai govt as meddling foreigners.

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

And I hope the Thais receiving free vaccines in the UK and Europe and the USA are equally grateful to the respective governments and also further grateful at the speed they were rolled out and with no confusion as to who could and could not receive them.

Since hundreds of Thais died in the UK, Europe and the USA I am sure they are grateful to finally be safe.

I am certainly grateful that not a single Australian died of covid in Thailand.

You can't get better than zero deaths.

Thankyou Thailand for the free vaccines and keeping every single Aussie expat and tourist in Thailand alive.

6 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I am certainly grateful that not a single Australian died of covid in Thailand.

You can't get better than zero deaths.

6 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Thankyou Thailand for the free vaccines and keeping every single Aussie expat and tourist in Thailand alive.

AUSTRALIAN MAN DIES OF COVID-19 IN THAILAND, OFFICIAL SAYS- https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/05/06/australian-man-dies-of-covid-19-in-thailand-official-says/

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

A friend (aged 75) today had  his first Sinovac jab in Buriram province.

Is he a Thai or foreigner? I thought only Thai are allowed at this stage?

1 hour ago, Jaxxper said:

So just interested to know why Mor Prom let’s foreigners with Pink ID cards register and book appointments then. Just interested.

Mor Prom is buggy, just look at the 90 day online and you'll know why.

Did the app ask for your nationality?

The Thai government doesn't hire good enough software engineers.

Edited by EricTh

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Seems pretty weak for those who are not willing to pay 100 bucks for a quality vaccine and instead, will wait till one is free.

I guess their lives and others are not worth much to them.

Seems sad, cheap and irresponsible. 

Where does it say the price is only 100 bucks or is it 100 baht?

1 minute ago, RobMuir said:

With a name like that, obviously not a true blue, dinky di Aussie.

Thats how you acknowledge your mistaken claim..................lol.

by the way I only see "Australian expat" nobody has been named. Or is that not dinky enough for you.......

12 hours ago, finnsk said:

If the private hosptals get Moderna vaccine, and do the jabs at 3000 Baht, Then I think I will not wait for some free Chinese sh..

It seems that Pfizer and Moderna is the best vaccines, with the best technologi and close to no side effects.

But all depends on the time frames.

Perhaps do a bit on Google and you will find that Moderna as well as Pfizer have side effects. EVERY vaccine has side effects on some people. 

• Like 2