Renew Australian passport

At the end of next month I have to renew my visa, but my passport expires in Feb next year.

Do I have to go to the Australian embassy in Bangkok to renew my passport or can I do it by mail?

TIA for any help.

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Got the answer I needed, thanks.

Applications or renewals of an Australian passport are by appointment only, Monday to Friday(subject to appointment availability and excluding Embassy public holidays). All passport applications must be lodged in person. Your new passport will take 3weeks to process.

Yes, just did mine last month. 

Make sure your photos are exactly what they require. I went to the photoshop they recommend down Sathorn near where the old embassy was. I rang them up and made sure they were open when i was in Banggers.

I had to fly from Roiet and stay overnight as the last appointment is 1145 and I didnt think i could get from Don Muang airport to the embassy in time, but absolutely no traffic.

No dramas. 

????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

Make sure your photos are exactly what they require. I went to the photoshop they recommend down Sathorn near where the old embassy was

This is a very good tip. 

When I last obtained one I took along my own photos done at a Photoshop near where I live. 

Sure enough they were rejected and I was sent to the shop you meaning almost next to old embassy.

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

This is a very good tip. 

When I last obtained one I took along my own photos done at a Photoshop near where I live. 

Sure enough they were rejected and I was sent to the shop you meaning almost next to old embassy.

Indeed, the lady who processed me a couple of month ago said that since my photographs were from that "excellent shop" no delays were to be expected. And I got my passport mailed in within two weeks. 

Definitely some good connection at work..

54 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Indeed, the lady who processed me a couple of month ago said that since my photographs were from that "excellent shop" no delays were to be expected. And I got my passport mailed in within two weeks. 

Definitely some good connection at work..

I still hate the opulence of the embassy building.  But, i still used to go to the Friday night p**sups at the old embassy....

networking was the official name. ???? Duty free beer..yum yum. Also at Justmeg down the road a bit. All good fun until we got thrown out...can't take Aussies anywhere. ????