Thai government warns people about going on vaccine tours

webfact

I know 3 different thai groups who are visiting the us this month for vaccines. 

They are tired of waiting and dont beleive their government will provide acess to vaccines in the next few months.

They also want the ability to choose their preferred vaccine 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

As far as the EU goes each country is setting its own agenda and Thais going there must be aware of the consequences.

Much the same risks as people coming to Thailand then ...............

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fromas said:

Once again, there are NO Vaccine Tours, only Spa & Wellness 15-day USA.   ????

Vaccine tourists' fly from abroad for injections on US beach

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/vaccine-tourists-fly-from-abroad-for-injections-on-us-beach/ar-BB1gy6LB?li=BBnb7Kz

In many places in USA you don't even need an appoiintment just show up at one of the large chain pharmacies that are giving out the shots. As article above states you don't even need to be a US citizen or  resident, tourists can get the shots.

Government warns people about vaccine tours.????

If this so called government would stop messing about and get on with things as they should, instead of making pathetic excuses, and get people vaccinated now, not later, nobody would need to go on a vaccine tour.

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I am gong to wait until September,  If nothing changes then I will be heading back to LA and go to my local Costco pharmacy to get jabbed.  Plenty of videos on youtube of foreigners getting jabbed in the US.  Many from Latin America are going to Florida.  

In terms of suffering from adverse reactions after getting jabbed in the US, by law emergency rooms cannot turn anyone away.  Even if a foreigner racks ups medical bills there are no real consequences.  By law one cannot be arrested for not paying medical bills and one cannot be denied necessary medical treatment. Unpaid medical bills are a factor as to why medical care is so expensive in the US. All US hospitals have a team of social workers who assist patients who are unable to pay their bills.  They are not  allowed to ask ones immigration status.   Also, most buy travel insurance. Even I buy travel insurance when I  to take my trips back to LA. 

This article sounds like a scare tactic.  If a Thai national has the means to fly to the US in order to get jabbed, go for it. 

i have Medicare.  why will it not be honored here?

3 hours ago, n00dle said:

I know 3 different thai groups who are visiting the us this month for vaccines. 

They are tired of waiting and dont beleive their government will provide acess to vaccines in the next few months.

They also want the ability to choose their preferred vaccine 

but they will have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Thailand.  no fun

5 minutes ago, malibukid said:

but they will have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Thailand.  no fun

But they will be vaccinated, and so after quarantine they will have at least some relief in knowing if they catch Covid it wont be as bad as it could have been.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that Thai embassies in the US were warning that Thais who travel there hoping to get vaccinated might find themselves refused if they don't meet the criteria for vaccination

A bit like being here at the moment... scare tactics to keep the sheep in the pen.

• Like 1

Hey Anucha, your people would not have to even consider leaving the country for vaccination, if you guys had not blown this so totally. If there had been some competency, if you had even a half way decent health minister and PM, the vaccines would have started rolling in, in the millions, many months ago. Yet, you remain at 2% of the population. Shame on you Anucha. Shame on Anutin. Really, you guys could not be doing better than this? Is this all the people get?

Thailand has administered at least 1,743,720 doses of COVID vaccines so far. Assuming every person needs 2 doses, that’s enough to have vaccinated about 1.3% of the country’s population.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/thailand/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

A prime minister's office spokesman has warned his compatriots about flying abroad to get vaccinated against Covid-19 - so-called VAX Tours. 

He further advised the public to be patient….that the much-anticipated, Siam Bioscience vaccine will soon be rebranded as Sino-hack…..with do-it-yourself doses directly available for purchase through mail order from AliExpress.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 2

There are rules in each US state, city, you have to be a resident in most cases.  You can't just show up.  I think the Alaska deal is fantastic...great idea and if you look really hard, you can see Russia.  

I really wish Thailand had been a regional leader, partnering with Pfizer like Israel did.  Hopefully the serious vaccination process starts soon, so Thailand can open up and get back to business and the people who's livelihoods have been destroyed can start to rebuild.  

• Like 1

Oh for God's sake it's a vaccine.

Everyone gets some adverse reaction to any vaccine you get, be it flu or covid.

It can range from a sore arm to flu like symptoms.

Is that any reason not to get it, the idiot extreme few will argue that.

I had a fairly bad reaction to my 2nd shot of Pfizer, chills and intense tiredness. But after 12 hours of sleep I was fine.

Now I could have travelled half way across the world or stayed at home the result would have been exactly the same.

So to any Thai who wants, and has the resources to go overseas to get it done, as far as I can see there is no downside

• Like 2

If only the TAT, MFA, Health Ministry and the PM could have thought "Globally" at the end of the last outbreak..   

Instead of Sexy Tour and Sand box tours and travel bubbles with braceltes.....

What do people come to Thailand for.....besides the obvious?

Advanced Medical procedures and treatment.     EUREKA!

[We'll dispatch the Thai Military Air Command squardrons, aquire all the different vaccination supply manufactures on the planet..... distribute to every clinic, state hospital, and the Corporate big boys in BKK.]

COOPERATION BETWEEN THE MINISTERS NEW LAWS DRAFTED AND EXECUTED and We now have : "C19 Jab Tours!" 

" Oh Come Ye people of the world, be vaccinated and go to the beach and party"

Its a miracle! 

If only they could think out side the box... Then all of the other interesting, international travellers (Not Foreigners) would already be here, watching the sunset at they're favorite beaches. 

But we're so consumed with ourselves and insisting on scams and schemes.....now we will take it in the ass. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

If only the TAT, MFA, Health Ministry and the PM could have thought "Globally" at the end of the last outbreak..   

Instead of Sexy Tour and Sand box tours and travel bubbles with braceltes.....

What do people come to Thailand for.....besides the obvious?

Advanced Medical procedures and treatment.     EUREKA!

[We'll dispatch the Thai Military Air Command squardrons, aquire all the different vaccination supply manufactures on the planet..... distribute to every clinic, state hospital, and the Corporate big boys in BKK.]

COOPERATION BETWEEN THE MINISTERS NEW LAWS DRAFTED AND EXECUTED and We now have : "C19 Jab Tours!" 

" Oh Come Ye people of the world, be vaccinated and go to the beach and party"

Its a miracle! 

If only they could think out side the box... Then all of the other interesting, international travellers (Not Foreigners) would already be here, watching the sunset at they're favorite beaches. 

But we're so consumed with ourselves and insisting on scams and schemes.....now we will take it in the ass. 

You should run for PM, I like your way of thinking.

Thailand should have chosen to be the vaccination hub of the world.

Sex, drugs and rock&roll. They are practically already experts.

• Like 1