Pet box....

We have 2 1/2 dogs and 3 cats on our acreage (4 rai)... everyone works and everyone eats! Cats keep snakes/rats and frogs in check as observed by their offerings at the door most mornings! Dogs keep temple dogs and traveling dog packs out and possible big cats away (we live in the mountains Samoeng area)!

In the cooler weather last year the cats got some sort of distemper/colds and cost some veterinary bucks or baht!

Now it’s so hot here they seem laid out on top of the cooler we already have all day until sun goes down!

Im going to experiment with a big styrofoam cooler as a cat box....cool in summer and warm in the cool months....easy to drop in a frozen water bottle if necessary I guess!

Im just going to cut an entrance hole and fill with their favorite mats etc. and we’ll see if it works for them!

Coolers are cheap to buy and they seem to like to use this one as a scratching surface too!

No reason for the post except to pass on the idea....we’ll see what happens ???? ????

CB97A3FD-905F-473F-9CE1-679633541942.jpeg

Sounds like a plan. Cats really like boxes so I expect they'll be in there like a shot.

Our dogs alternate between toasting themselves in the sun and moving to the stairwell which is always cool, then back in the sun again. It's a tough life.

The cats which have adopted us just come and go, we could never be classed as their owners although we did pay for the lady cat to be "done".

Now about this "1/2" a dog ...

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Sounds like a plan. Cats really like boxes so I expect they'll be in there like a shot.

Our dogs alternate between toasting themselves in the sun and moving to the stairwell which is always cool, then back in the sun again. It's a tough life.

The cats which have adopted us just come and go, we could never be classed as their owners.

Now about this "1/2" a dog ...

Big Duke is the half....he alternates between us and the temple depending on food...he’s a bbq fan.

Tough as nails and never really had a home I suspect took me two weeks just to touch him...he’s all dog but counted as a half re: above ????

18CFDE14-2D90-463D-AB08-3FACB4AF61BA.jpeg

• Like 1