Should the EFL play-offs be moved for the Champs League final?

champers

No is my answer and I am disgusted but not surprised that the EFL are happy to change dates and/or venues so City and Chelsea can play at Wembkey on May 29th.

If the Champs League final is moved to England from Istanbul it should be played at another venue like Villa Park or the King Power Stadium. The idea of shunting aside clubs from League 2 to accommodate 2 clubs who would have quite happily upended the traditions of promotions and relegations, purely for money, does not sit well with me.

• Like 1

Slightly different circumstances and rather more notice of the change, but it has happened before.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jan/21/old-trafford-play-off-finals

My view is that the change would benefit the supporters more than the clubs (players / officials could gain an exemption from UK covid travel rules) so a touch unfair to have the supporters suffer for the misdeeds of the clubs.

I understand that the logistics of allowing the multitude of press / TV bods etc into the UK without the mandatory quarantine from certain locations may make a relocation to the UK moot. Portugal , as last year, may be more suitable. 

It is not fair that League 2 fans should suffer and have their dreams of going to Wembley shattered by 2 teams who have already met at Wembley this season. But it's only League 2 so not an issue for the big bully boys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, champers said:

But it's only League 2 so not an issue for the big bully boys.

Bit harsh to blame the clubs Champs. I would imagine both City and Chelsea wouldn't mind playing in a neutral ground but it appears UEFA are the ones who are demanding this and that. Fury should be vented at their usual arrogance and total loss of reasonableness 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Bit harsh to blame the clubs Champs. I would imagine both City and Chelsea wouldn't mind playing in a neutral ground but it appears UEFA are the ones who are demanding this and that. Fury should be vented at their usual arrogance and total loss of reasonableness 

The clubs can come out and make a statement to the effect that they know Wembley is already booked for a play off final, so they are happy to play elsewhere. I doubt they will.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Champions League final will be played in Portugal. You can relax.

Yes, good. UEFA guests and VIPs want to be exempted from Covid rules so Boris has told them to do one. 

The head of the EFL (P)Rick Parry needs to remember who he is working for. He isn't a big cheese in the EPL anymore.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just seen who the ref will be and it ain't good. Wondering if Chelsea also have form with this clown?

Lahos of Spain.

From the Roger Kirkpatrick school of it's all about me refereeing.

Lahoz was referee when Sane's goal was disallowed (ball was played by Milner) vs. LFC, the wrong offside calls in the first leg (Salah ruled onside for LFC's first goal, Sane ruled offside for us) and Pep being sent off,

and he booked Aguero for diving after Subasic cleaned him out for an obvious pen vs. Monaco.

Pictured here

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6022851/referee-antonio-mateu-lahoz-man-city-liverpool-pep-guardiola-champions-league/