Pattaya woman's extraordinary tale of two days of terror at hands of serial rapist "Denphoom"

webfact

rape-violence.jpg

FIle photo for reference only

Thai media Siam Rath published a horrific story of multiple rape of a Pattaya student and two other "pretties" at the hands of a serial rapist being sought by police in Bangkok.

He is Denphoom or "Den" Wattanachotpinyo, 39, from Nonthaburi. Earlier reports suggested that police managed to let him slip through their hands during an investigation. 

Prao (an assumed name) is a 22 year old student in her third year of university living in Pattaya. 

She said that she had never done "entertainment" work before but her mother and father were in crisis from the pandemic and she needed money to pay her fees so she decided to give it a try. 

On April 7th Denphoom contacted her through Line and said that he needed her to attend a party with Malaysian businessmen for seven or eight hours.

He said he would pay her 20,000 baht to "mix drinks" and would cover the cost of her travel to and from Pattaya as well.

She arrived at 6 am that day in a Grab car and called Denphoom to ask where to meet him.

He claimed that the party had been delayed due to an important meeting and that she should rent a room at the Rose Town Hotel overnight and he would pay for that. 

She rented room #438 for 1,000 baht then almost immediately there was a knock on the door. Prao thought it was staff returning some change but it was Denphoom.

He burst into the room with a 6 inch knife in his hand and held it to her throat ordering her to undress. 

He made threats and said that he hated women from Pattaya because one had once stolen his money. 

He took her phone and 3,000 baht in her purse then raped her without a condom. 

Unable to satisfy himself he then held the knife to her throat and made her take crystal meth with him. 

He then raped her multiple times all day and all night. 

Later on May 8th he forced her to make video calls trying to persuade other pretties to come to the hotel to join them.

Being not part of that community no one would believe her that it was safe. Denphoom then attacked her in frustration putting the knife to her vagina and drawing blood threatening to kill her. 

Finally by holding the knife to her throat she managed to persuade the second victim - known as Fon - to come to the room. 

As soon as she arrived she suffered the same fate as Prao. Prao was cowering in the bathroom in a blanket while Fon was raped repeatedly from 2 am on the 9th onwards. 

Then Denphoom made Fon persuade another pretty to come to the room at 11am. Prao didn't know her name just that she was from Pak Kret. 

She was raped while the other two hid in the bathroom. 

Then on some pretext they managed to get their phones and fled the hotel in fear of their lives. 

A couple of days later Fon went to the police to file a complaint. 

Prao said that after consulting with friends she would go to the Bowon Mongkhon police tomorrow, May 11th, to file charges against Denphoom to aid police in the case. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-10

• Sad 6

56 minutes ago, webfact said:

On April 7th Denphoom contacted her through Line and said that he needed her to attend a party with Malaysian businessmen for seven or eight hours.

He said he would pay her 20,000 baht to "mix drinks" and would cover the cost of her travel to and from Pattaya as well.

She arrived at 6 am that day in a Grab car and called Denphoom to ask where to meet him.

56 minutes ago, webfact said:

Later on May 8th he forced her to make video calls trying to persuade other pretties to come to the hotel to join them.

smells fishy, doesn't make sense, dates don't match, unless she's very stupid and stayed 1 month with him

I do like that she said she was trying "entertainment" business, not prostitution, because Thailand doesn't have prostitution, Thailand is known all around the world for their special "entertainment" business   555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sounds a bit strange to wait couple days to go to the police. I understand hey were scared and dramatized beyond belief but asking for help ASAP from hotel staff or anyone in sight would be the logic thing to do.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Mavideol said:
1 hour ago, webfact said:

Expand  

1 hour ago, webfact said:

smells fishy, doesn't make sense, dates don't match, unless she's very stupid and stayed 1 month with him

Maybe a typo would make sense to you?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Sounds a bit strange to wait couple days to go to the police. I understand hey were scared and dramatized beyond belief but asking for help ASAP from hotel staff or anyone in sight would be the logic thing to do.

Perhaps fear and trauma ("dramatized" [sic]?) outweighed logic at the time?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

And that is you first reaction? 

That is my only reaction.

After fleeing, one so called pretty filed a complaint two days later and the other today.

It appears you haven't read the article.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He made threats and said that he hated women from Pattaya because one had once stolen his money. 

But aren't all these women coming from Bangkok? And somethings in this story just don't seem right...like "Fon" going to the room after seeing another girl with a knife to her throat...instead of calling the police?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Thanks 2

A horrible event like this - hard to understand why it took days not minutes to contact police...

you would have thought once they escaped, they flee to the nearest person or venue to contact police/medical help....

one doesn’t sit on a story like this for days or even hours...

4 hours ago, 4raiKohChang said:

This story highlights why prostitution (lets call it what it is) should be regulated in Thailand to protect the innocent. 

Apart from marital rape, in almost all cases rape isn’t about having sex, it’s about having power and control over the victim. Therefore regulating prostitution will not prevent rapes from happening. 

Edited by pacovl46

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They managed to overcome their fear and trauma when instead of fleeing they took time and managed to find and get both of their precious mobile phones too. 

If it was me I would be out of there asap and not spent time looking for my phone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:
8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They managed to overcome their fear and trauma when instead of fleeing they took time and managed to find and get both of their precious mobile phones too. 

If it was me I would be out of there asap and not spent time looking for my phone.

From the OP, "Then on some pretext they managed to get their phones and fled..."

Nothing there about their "having to take time" and "have to manage to find their precious phones".

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:
8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe a typo would make sense to you?

really???? and where is the typo, on the 7th of April or the 8th of May.... their story doesn't make any sense, again, smells fishy and you don't have to agree

Well, it's one of the two, obviously, but, as I didn't write the OP, I don't know which.   You're right when you say that I don't have to agree with you, I don't.

• Like 1

Earlier reports suggested that police managed to let him slip through their hands during an investigation.

Police are generally useless, and this applies in every country in the world, at the best of times, of course they can be murderous as well, but generally useless. Abolishing all police would probably a very efficient tax saving move nobody would notice. Except useless police drawing salaries the world over for, well, eating donuts.

Denphoom then attacked her in frustration putting the knife to her vagina and drawing blood threatening to kill her. 

Nice guy, I wonder why this is not front page news headlines but one farrang  walking outside without a mask is? ????

Story makes zero sense why didn't the second "pretty" just bring the plod along with her? The story reads like she made a video call to her mate with a knife to her throat. Bizarre.

• Like 2