Pattaya woman's extraordinary tale of two days of terror at hands of serial rapist "Denphoom"

webfact

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

From the OP, "Then on some pretext they managed to get their phones and fled..."

Nothing there about their "having to take time" and "have to manage to find their precious phones".

Nothing about precious plenty about managing to get their phones. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

From the OP, "Then on some pretext they managed to get their phones and fled..."

Nothing there about their "having to take time" and "have to manage to find their precious phones".

Yeh, maybe you are right 

Just to me, 'MANAGED to get their phones' seems like it was not an easy thing to do 

Like...'he managed to get home VS he got home'. 

Clearly they thought to get their phones before they fled. I would think if they were so terrified for their lives they would just get the hell out and of the place and not bother to find their phones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

A horrible event like this - hard to understand why it took days not minutes to contact police...

you would have thought once they escaped, they flee to the nearest person or venue to contact police/medical help....

one doesn’t sit on a story like this for days or even hours...

Just maybe the work they were engaged in had something to do with their hesitancy going to police. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yeh, maybe you are right 

Just to me, 'MANAGED to get their phones' seems like it was not an easy thing to do 

Like...'he managed to get home VS he got home'. 

Clearly they thought to get their phones before they fled. I would think if they were so terrified for their lives they would just get the hell out and of the place and not bother to find their phones. 

I think the clue is in the headline "An extraordinary tale" not saying none of this happened but there have been cases where people did things they shouldn't have. Gotten in too deep and then attempted to use extraordinary tales to explain what happened.

Could also be lost in translation from the original, could also be 100% true.

Edited by starky

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

A generic term for "entertainment girls".

20,000 baht for 7-8 hours work poring drinks should have triggered alarm bells though?

She knew there will be sex, just didn't prepare for knife and rape. 

The month delay though, not much excuse to for that. 

Frankly, her poor student part is curious too, with grab travel, 1000 for hotel upfront, and 3000 in the bag...

A lot of cash to carry for no real reason these days.

Not an excuse for serial rape though. 

What happened to other girls?

Out of 3, only one show up to police?

Would think least one gave brain to call right away.

• Like 1

Many comments about the reliability of the article which could be embellished however what I find disturbing and have always done so is the fact that the reason she joined the entertainment business is because the parents couldn't afford to put her through university .

Here you have someone attempting to better her life and gain an education and is subjected to a horrendous attack, the ass wipe should be exterminated.

More:

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/05/11/police-hunt-serial-rapist-36-party-women-denphum-wattanachotipinyo/

Police are hunting down the serial rapist who uses a knife and drugs to intimidate and control his victims after luring them on ‘pretty’ assignments with the promise of cash payments. The Reign of Terror in Bangkok and Chonburi has been ongoing since the end of 2020.

21 hours ago, timendres said:

No person, regardless of their circumstance, occupation, intention, etc., should be subjected to the terror that this maniac unleashed. Deep, dark hole for this one. Lose the key.

Well said. 

It's sick, all the criticism of the girls

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, it's one of the two, obviously, but, as I didn't write the OP, I don't know which.   You're right when you say that I don't have to agree with you, I don't.

good, case close, next please....

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Stacking raped girls in a hotel room bathroom seems unlikely to me.

When I first read the story I though it seemed to be a complete work of fiction.

as so did I,.....    and as someone once said ""if it sounds/looks to good to be true.... ""  555