Has anyone been successful in trying to register for the covid-19 vaccination

steveb6

I was reading from various news sites that foreigners  over 60 are now allowed to register but the application will not accept passports at this time. But they suggested if you are over 60 to register at your local hospital. Has anyone over 60 tried to register? Foreigners over 60 or with underlying diseases have priority for the vaccine they say.

You might want to read the current news topic - registration to begin in June but residents at bottom of list (today at least).

Foreign migrant workers who are especially at risk will go first, followed by embassy and NGO personnel then foreigners living in the country. 

• Like 1

My friend in CM, over 60, health conditions, applied a few days ago on the app and has an appointment early June.  I've read about a few others who've applied and have gotten appointments.  In threads here on TVF.

I tried, but don't have a yellow book.  Called the hospital and they said to call back in June.  I'm over 60 but no underlying health conditions.

12 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

I have an appointment in June. Over 60 and in at risk group.. The appointment is only the first step. Confirmation of the appointment has to be sent to me the day before. I fully expect to be turned down before or when I go.. 

Put some more water in that half empty glass..................... Farangs are already being vaccinated.

I’m 65 and registered on Mor Prom with my pink Thai ID card. Really as a plan B, in case the Private Hospital programmes never start. If they do start I’ll be right down there putting my name on the register. ( Probably a couple of hospitals, maybe three).

I’m positive if I turn up at the government hospital at the scheduled appointment time, they will not give me the jab. QED.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chicken George said:

I have an appointment in June. Over 60 and in at risk group.. The appointment is only the first step. Confirmation of the appointment has to be sent to me the day before. I fully expect to be turned down before or when I go.. 

How and were did you get it? 

I am under 60 and have been able to register in person at Koh Phangan Hospital on a handwritten list yesterday, filled in by a staff member. 

Koh Phangan Hospital first announced on their Facebook page that for foreigners, either a work permit or a pink ID card would be required but finally just a passport was fine. I have a non-O visa with yearly extensions for retirement, the visa status was irrelevant for my registration, the staff member only looked at the ID page of my passport, copied my name, nationality, birthdate and passport number, and asked me for my address and phone number. I had to sign then.

It seems that Koh Phangan is a tourist area that gets priority for vaccinations, starting apparently even this month already with Sinovac for people under 60 and next month with AZ for people from 60.

But foreigners have to wait and see if there is any vaccine left after all the Thai people who registered got vaccinated early already, so it's still quite uncertain if I get vaccinated soon or only much later.

Last week I registered on Mor Phrom with my pink Thai ID card being over 60 years old. Yesterday I made an appointment on Mor Prom at Srinakarind Hospital Khon Kaen for June. A friend of mine made an appointment with his Thai driver licence. Be aware all in Thai language and the system might be overloaded.

• Like 2

Last week a nurse from the local hospital came to the village and talked to the villagers announcing the start of registration for the vaccine. All present registered including me. Vaccination date will be announced in June.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

Last week a nurse from the local hospital came to the village and talked to the villagers announcing the start of registration for the vaccine. All present registered including me. Vaccination date will be announced in June.

They did the same for us in our village a few weeks ago.  We're on the "list" but not sure when or what jab.

I'm living in a rural area in northern Thailand. Have no success with the app, BUT was advised by village head ( our next door neighbour ) to go to the local community health clinic. Successfully registered there the other day. Pink ID card was required, but no app involved.

I was at a very well known private hospital in Chiangmai yesterday for my annual flu vaccination, of course I asked the question regarding Corvid vaccination; I was told by a very polite medical professional

"The hospital is try it's best to provide Corvid vaccinations as a medical service but currently this facility is unavailable for a number of reasons out with their control; also there is no formal registration for a medical service they can't provide"  

A very professional and  diplomatic answer to my questions.

Edited by Grumpy Old Man

I registered for my vaccine shots with Bumrungrad back in February.  They called me two days ago to confirm that my registration is still in effect.  They will call me as soon as they have a shot for me.  I hope to get it next month since I am over sixty.  I have paid the hospital top dollar for various medical procedures over the past 15 years and they have treated me well.  I am number seven on their list of farangs to be vaccinated.

1 hour ago, DogNo1 said:

I registered for my vaccine shots with Bumrungrad back in February.  They called me two days ago to confirm that my registration is still in effect.  They will call me as soon as they have a shot for me.  I hope to get it next month since I am over sixty.  I have paid the hospital top dollar for various medical procedures over the past 15 years and they have treated me well.  I am number seven on their list of farangs to be vaccinated.

That worries me as I also registered to be on their wait list but they have nto called me.  I'll give them a call tomorrow.....

16 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

That worries me as I also registered to be on their wait list but they have nto called me.  I'll give them a call tomorrow.....

I called and they said there is nothing in place to allow me to register for a vaccine?

Might walk round there tomorrow.....only 5 minutes.

19 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I'll give them a call tomorrow.....

I just did. They have no sign-up program of their own yet. In fact, they still haven't got an import permit. They are working on it. What you can do is go into Mor Prom and choose Bumrungrud as your preferred place.

Edited by Why Me

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I called and they said there is nothing in place to allow me to register for a vaccine?

Might walk round there tomorrow.....only 5 minutes.

Whomever you spoke with did not know what they were talking about. I got this email from them last week:

" Currently, we are working with the MOPH and the Private Hospital Association in Thailand in acquiring the COVID-19 vaccine. Although, we are unable to confirm when we will be receiving our supply of the vaccine, we would like to support both Thais and non-Thais who would like to receive the vaccine by gathering names and contact information, including the names of any family members and friends. With names and contact information in hand, we will be able to contact those interested as soon as the vaccine is available.

It is also our intent to support the Thai government in providing COVID-19 vaccines to the public.

If you are planning to get vaccinated for COVID-19, we would love for you to reserve the COVID-19 vaccine through us by providing the information below, so that we can provide you with our quality service when the vaccine is available. 

Name Prefix (Mr./Ms./ Miss/ Mrs.)

Name & Last name (According to passport)

Date of Birth (D/M/Y)

HN (Hospital Number)

Passport Number

Thai Social Security number or Tax Number

Do you have any underlying disease?  

Current home address

Email

Contact Number

For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us by emailing [email protected] or calling 02-0115566. 

Thank you for your trust in Bumrungrad International Hospital.

Best Regards,

Jason Lipo 

Patient Correspondence
Phone : +66 2011 5146
Fax : +66 2011 5159
Email: [email protected]
www.bumrungrad.com

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Why Me said:

I just did. They have no sign-up program of their own. In fact, they still haven't got an import permit yet. They are working on it. What you can do is go into Mor Prom and choose Bumrungrud as your preferred place.

Actually they are taking names and contact info, see email from them quoted above.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Doesn't sound like non-Thias have much luck doing that....my Thai wife has given up.

Yep, what Bumrungrud told me was either Thai national, pink ID, Soc security no. or tax id. Not sure if it's either or all. I have the last two but I'll wait to see what's on offer before poking my head into Mor Prom.. I am not going anywhere, no rush.

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Hope that isn't going to be a barrier........

Mor Prom is supposed to open up to all foreign residents next month. Lots of us who are plain retirees. Passport/visa should be all they ask for.

12 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Actually they are taking names and contact info, see email from them quoted above.

Fingers crossed..........just used your email format to email Bumrungrad and request inclusion in their roll out....when it happens.....see what happens!