SRT Don Muang, is it running?

Krabi King

By the info available online, I read that trials with free transpot should have commenced last March. I couldn't find any updates, so does anyone know if the Dark Red Line to Rangsit, including a stop at DMK, is actually operational now?

I have the red line in sight and while a couple of months ago I saw a few of red/white trains zipping along, I was actually wondering the same and stood there for 15-20 minutes without seeing any train on the line. Either their frequency is like once an hour, or they are not running. Admittedly I was checking during the weekend but still... I can see probably stretch of 3-4 km of tracks and not a single train on it for so long - I'd say it's not running.

Then again, @Crossy is the only authority on train matters and I should let him enlighten us.

Edited by tomazbodner
spellchecker had mind of its own
  • Like 1

The most recent talk was about free test runs with passengers starting in July and then normal operations beginning in November, but there have been so many delays that it's hard to have much confidence in that. In the article below, they simultaneously say that the line will open in November and that it won't open until next year ????

"SRT Red Line may not open this year as scheduled" https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000765

• Like 2

Not my discipline but I understand there are long running issues with the rolling stock.

Also, it seems that Bang Sue Grand station is slated to be a covid vaccination centre, if they can get any vaccine of course.

• Like 1

SRT trains to Rangsit and beyond runs as normal, with the diesel trains using the new viaduct in some sections already some stops like Lakhok has been removed and the station converted to red line only,

The new electric Red line, is running a 'virtual' trial operation and is not yet open to public