First case of Indian COVID-19 variant detected in a Thai mother and her 4-year old son

snoop1130

78A384E6-5291-4CCA-98AB-7CD28427B7F7.jpeg

The first case of the Indian COVID-19 variant, or B.1.617.1, has been found in Thailand, in a Thai family returning from Pakistan and in state quarantine, according to CCSA assistant spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan.

The case involves a 42-year old pregnant Thai woman, who returned to Thailand from Pakistan on April 24th with three sons, aged 4, 6 and 8, with a stopover in Dubai.  All entered state quarantine in a hotel. The woman stayed in one room with the youngest son while the two others were in a separate room.

On April 26th, all were given COVID-19 tests, which returnedpositive results for the woman and her 4-year old son, while the two other boys were cleared of the disease.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/first-case-of-indian-covid-19-variant-detected-in-a-thai-mother-and-her-4-year-old-son/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-05-10

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tingtong said:

Probably?

Took test on 26th April.... posted 10th May... today....

What takes 14 days?

Does a test result take 14 days?

They are thinking of something.. 

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Solution? In my opinion there is none aside from the obvious, preventive measures and vaccines. If you reside in Thailand we're in for the long haul now. 

Unfortunately yes...Not just in Thailand but almost everywhere else too. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Must really have wanted to come to Thailand ! Pregnant and three kids and jets from Pakistan to Bkk via Dubai . Hassle of organising that and then cost makes me wonder why she would be so eager to come back to Thailand ????

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Must really have wanted to come to Thailand ! Pregnant and three kids and jets from Pakistan to Bkk via Dubai . Hassle of organising that and then cost makes me wonder why she would be so eager to come back to Thailand ????

May be following the Thai governments advice for all nationals to return home?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Lets face it, there's zero chance of stopping this coming in, they can take all the measures possible as they are quite rightly doing but it only takes one case to slip through and the damage is done. By the time they have sequenced the strain it'll already be spread in the community.

Its an unfortunate fact. Just like the UK strain it will lead to more outbreaks. 

I fear it won't be too long before Thailand develops its own mutated strain.

Solution? In my opinion there is none aside from the obvious, preventive measures and vaccines. If you reside in Thailand we're in for the long haul now. 

The very long haul!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miamiman123 said:

Why in the hell is a Thai woman w 3 kids doing in Pakistan during this health crisis????

read the Jonas Salk report on the CV vaccine just released

Probably been to see husband/father of kids.

Surely better for him to come here to see them.