First case of Indian COVID-19 variant detected in a Thai mother and her 4-year old son

snoop1130

1 minute ago, AnnieSeek said:

The India variant is going into the porous border into Myanmar, which is then coming into the porous border into Thailand. 

Yes porous us....pun intended.

• Haha 1

Every mothers nightmare .....living in a country where men traditionally hug and kiss each other whilst greeting and well wishing. ... to transfer to another country where the same cultural ritual takes place. 

Then being exposed to more islamic traditional males, confined in a pressurized aircraft (with poor renewed fresh air) for + 10 hours of flight time not including conditions at transfer point.

One can only cringe at how many other people came off that flight ( or all and any flights) with multiple mutations of Covid. 

Temperature scans and questionnaires aren't enough anymore. 

Time to upgrade the testing immigration! Su su khrap!

9 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

How long before he landed in India from the US were his vaccinations given and at 81 did he have time to gain the needed immunities from the vaccine.  Ugh, RIP good doctor, you were a giant among many in the infectious disease community.

3 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

Why in the hell is a Thai woman w 3 kids doing in Pakistan during this health crisis????

read the Jonas Salk report on the CV vaccine just released

According to Wikipedia, Jones Salk, the inventor of the Polio vaccine, died in 1995. Give us a link, or have you been using a Ouija board?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rabas said:

It's SOP for experts to play down variants until they have hard data.  It does not rule out the variants as the cause of such explosive outbreaks.  It means "Wait, the data is almost ready."

But he data is coming closer.

Indian CDC Says Covid Surge Is Linked To B.1.617 Variant

They also have next to no health services in many rural areas and a simple lack of ozygen is killing many. It is estimated that the number of deaths is 2.8 times higher than the offical record. Its; in the UK and USA now so we will soon see if it evades the current crop of available vaccinations. 

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

How long before he landed in India from the US were his vaccinations given and at 81 did he have time to gain the needed immunities from the vaccine.  Ugh, RIP good doctor, you were a giant among many in the infectious disease community.

Days after? had he taken both shots? It takes a few weeks for immunity to build up. 

It seems very infections - even some cricketers in India caught it, even though they were in travel bubbles. They even wore full ppe when going for covid testing. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zhounan said:

Perhaps you do not yet realise the social and psychological damage that these health protocols are doing on the quiet.

Perhaps their comfort level in a hotel is nothing that any of us should care about and that families are being ripped apart by crushing debt and death. 

Lets not forget there is also the

Brazil variant..

South Africa variant....

covid-19 triple mutant variant...

UK variant....

Maharashtra variant as a variant of concern as it is leading to faster spread of virus

B1617 SARS-CoV-2 variant first detected in India as a variant of concern,

COVID Variants May Emerge That Are Not Covered By Vaccine, Scientists Warn

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/covid-variants-may-emerge-are-not-covered-vaccine-scientists-warn

Edited by redwood1

29 minutes ago, fleccer said:

First case of indian variant????? One single case, it's a very serious matter , come on, come on, let's close everything, stay at home, wear double triple masks, curfew, come on there's no time to lose.

So no concern to you.  Are you a Covid denier as well.  Do you not read the news as to what's occurring and how many have died, or is it all just a make believe story in your view.  Please expand on that as well and to why you do not believe once case is a problem.  The story read two cases by the way, mother and son. More cases soon to be found.  No one has said anything about closing everything, or making you stay at home and triple mask.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harm Hendrik Reitsma said:

No Brit, Brasil, S.African OR Indian type of mutation Will be killing many, IT is less strong as the first virus strain. This was gold after they found it in Brittain, so nobody should be really at Risk, except of the sick and old people. But then they can have ivermectine and zink for getting better in the first stadium of infection.

If live healthy, het vit D and wat healthy good, you don't have a big Risk of getting very sick from any  of the virusses.

Be safe.

And don’t forget to wear that Buddha amulet. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

May be following the Thai governments advice for all nationals to return home?

Was she tested prior to leaving her host country? Seems thai Nationals are not obligated to test before leaving/boarding flight.   Why so??? 

2 hours ago, adam1 said:

unlike many of those who get the virus?  are you suggesting that a large percentage of the people who get the virus actually end up dying?  are you aware of the actual death % in Thailand?   It's misleading statements like this that help generate so much controversy around the nature of C19.      

Maybe I should have written “too many” instead and should have added permanent damage and long lasting symptoms to the list. But I think you got my point already that two kids having to chill in a hotel room for two weeks is the smaller evil compared to what Covid causes. 

2 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Was she tested prior to leaving her host country? Seems thai Nationals are not obligated to test before leaving/boarding flight.   Why so??? 

Very much doubt it, arriving from Pakistan not sure how easy it would have been to get a test for herself and the children, besides which you're correct,Thai's do not need a test on returning to their home country, especially when asked to do so by their own government.

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So no concern to you.  Are you a Covid denier as well.  Do you not read the news as to what's occurring and how many have died, or is it all just a make believe story in your view.  Please expand on that as well and to why you do not believe once case is a problem.  The story read two cases by the way, mother and son. More cases soon to be found.  No one has said anything about closing everything, or making you stay at home and triple mask.  

No I'm not a covid denier, of course I believe that the virus exists, but I don't believe in the anxious narrative spread by the media 24/7. Now I'll ask you a question: are you perhaps a covidiot? No offense, this term wasn't coined by me, but it has been applied to all those who blindly believe in this narrative without asking questions, without asking the why of things. Well, me and many others have this bad habit, we always asking the why

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

On April 26th, all were given COVID-19 tests, which returned positive results for the woman and her 4-year old son, while the two other boys were cleared of the disease.

magic... i bet those 2 will be positive aswell

2 minutes ago, fleccer said:

No I'm not a covid denier, of course I believe that the virus exists, but I don't believe in the anxious narrative spread by the media 24/7. Now I'll ask you a question: are you perhaps a covidiot? No offense, this term wasn't coined by me, but it has been applied to all those who blindly believe in this narrative without asking questions, without asking the why of things. Well, me and many others have this bad habit, we always asking the why

I don't look at things blindly and do not accept them as gospel without researching those items myself.  I steer away from all of the unscrupulous sites, and verify what I am going to review and study to see if it could be a conspiracy based article, a pseudoscience article, a misinformation piece or one that has not been peer reviewed.  Science on Covid-19 is evolving daily and we are seeing things now through the most current studies which disprove what was originally though in the early days.  Case in point is Asymptomatic infection and the ability to transmit the virus as a silent carrier.  I always look at things with wide open eyes, and do not believe the narrative that some push.  However, when I see posts like your it makes me suspicious in the way it is written and makes me ask the same questions I pointed out.  Enjoy your day, and never minimize the impact and the long term effects that Covid has and can do.  I have family in the medical field who are on the front lines of Covid in the US as medical professionals, and working in the Critical Care ICU Covid wards.  Enjoy your day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

magic... i bet those 2 will be positive aswell

There is a 50/50 possibility depending upon how well there own immune systems are doing.  They could always become asymptomatic and never progress to having symptoms.  The mother and the 4 year old, what type of Government location are they in, is it just a quarantine center, a Field hospital, or ?, but then the story leaves out those line items.