Thailand halts entry of foreigners from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal over virus variant

snoop1130

2021-05-10T112620Z_1_LYNXMPEH490GZ_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: People get vaccinated against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok, Thailand April 28, 2021. REUTERS/Jorge Silva

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Monday barred the entry of foreign nationals from Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh in a bid to keep out the highly contagious variant of the coronavirus first found in India, its foreign ministry said.

The measure follows the detection of the variant in two Thai nationals returning from Pakistan during testing conducted in government quarantine. The ban follows similar moves by other countries in the region.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-05-10

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

follows the detection of the variant in two Thai nationals

If only they had stopped the UK variant entering which is currently making up 98% of new cases in Thailand.

Life would still be normalish in Thailand without those cases

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

A shout out to all those who think the boarders should be open soon. Same ones who say everything is looking ok 'cause it's stabalized. UNBELIEVABLE.

Did they not say the shutdown was only for 2 weeks...

11 hours ago, law ling said:

I don't blame them.

They mustn't have much faith in their own quarantine systems?

Looks like covid is far from over.

Yeah, unfortunately even with the best quarantine system in the world, some will slip through for a variety of reasons. 

Every variant will be found in every place on earth. That's almost a guarantee. Only a matter of when. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

except Thai citizens, They can't have or bring the Indian virus????

All citizens have the basic human right to return to their own country.........Except Australians who are banned from returning from India and face possible 5 yrs jail for doing so!

9 hours ago, RobMuir said:

If only they had stopped the UK variant entering which is currently making up 98% of new cases in Thailand.

From what I remember most of the 3rd wave was a result of Myanmar refugees bypassing the corrupt border protection and getting to Sumat Sakhon. NO stopping that!

Asian Nationals ..... not foreign nationals. 

Or neighboring Nationals.... my goodness.

Its only about 1200 miles to the Bangladesh boarder. 

There is no farangland..  there is no farangland.    Come on folks sing along.... 

Note: here is a colored child's map for reference.  Australia and New Zealand are missing.... but its close enough.

images-1.png

22 hours ago, dinsdale said:

A shout out to all those who think the boarders should be open soon. Same ones who say everything is looking ok 'cause it's stabalized. UNBELIEVABLE.

Correct ..

That said , there are those , who  believe , the  unbelievable ..

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Dou you mean religious people and their version of God, heaven etc.?

Thats near enough ,   to be unbelievable ..

That said , the choice is your  opinion,   and mine  ...

23 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Rubbish , comment..

Covid mutates and has many varients . 

Science versus  Nature ..

I fear , the worse is yet to come .. Naturally ..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Olmate said:

All citizens have the basic human right to return to their own country.........Except Australians who are banned from returning from India and face possible 5 yrs jail for doing so!

Surely someone has started a legal challenge to this in Australia?  The human rights lawyers must be rubbing their hands in glee. Wait for the first Aussie with Aboriginal roots to be denied entry.......

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

And in fact it is good that they can not return. If they would bring the Indian Covid and a lot of people die or get seriously ill than it is a wise decision because you offer the basic human rights up for a whole nation..But egocentric people don't care about that..They only talk about their rights, but there are no rights without obligations

Best to leave em die in India you reckon...? Glad your not my offsider

9 hours ago, bangon04 said:

Surely someone has started a legal challenge to this in Australia?  The human rights lawyers must be rubbing their hands in glee. Wait for the first Aussie with Aboriginal roots to be denied entry.......

Just yesterday it was challenged but upheld . Sad to say! 

8 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Best to leave em die in India you reckon...? Glad your not my offsider

No better to bring them here and let a lot of people die because they brought the dangerous virus into the country...Glad you are so smart... Here people die too who maybe wanted to die in gtheir home country, but who cares about that? 

3 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

No better to bring them here and let a lot of people die because they brought the dangerous virus into the country...Glad you are so smart... Here people die too who maybe wanted to die in gtheir home country, but who cares about that? 

Failure to build a strong quarantine system and snail pace roll out of vaccine..that’s the reason Australians are left abandoned in India.Tell me would your country jail you if you went home?

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Failure to build a strong quarantine system and snail pace roll out of vaccine..that’s the reason Australians are left abandoned in India.Tell me would your country jail you if you went home?

If I am from a high risk area, they would, till they are sure I am no threat anymore.. But western people has some common sense and excuse me but the locals here are missing that.. look around you and you will see 

• Sad 1

If Australia bans its own citizens from returning, due to Covid fears etc, then I understand that decision.  But IMHO,. the Australian government should then pay for those citizens to remain in India until they allow them to return.

Decision makers worldwide seem to only read the headlines instead of listening to experts.

Case in point?

After having read the headline below, continue reading. What does it read in the fourth subtitle?

Selection_001.jpg.2eef835e7a1042eecae4638764e1409b.jpg

It's not my opinion, just an observation. Can you see now how it's done?

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9561595/Coronavirus-HALF-Covid-cases-London-Indian-variant-data-suggests.html

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bangon04 said:

Aussie , with Aboriginal roots ..?

Take it to conclusion . 

White Aussies, forever the foreigner .  No homeland ..

However , that said , they had two choices .

Hang , or be deported .555

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

If Australia bans its own citizens from returning, due to Covid fears etc, then I understand that decision.  But IMHO,. the Australian government should then pay for those citizens to remain in India until they allow them to return.

RIP ...